Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-23-2009, 10:18 AM

13,640 posts, read 24,509,987 times

Advertisements

Perhaps you have read this prayer before, it has been aound for sometime..

This poem meant so much to me in my troubled time and my prayer is that it will touch someone today.

.~hugs to all who can relate.. May it bring some peace to you, as it did to me..

The Knots Prayer

Dear God,
please untie the knots
that are in my mind,
my heart and my life.
Remove the have nots,
the can nots and the do nots
that I have in my mind.

Erase the will nots,
may nots, and
might nots that find
a home in my heart.

Release me from the could nots,
would nots and
should nots that obstruct my life.

And most of all, dear God,
I ask that you remove from my mind
my heart and my life all of the am nots
that I have allowed to hold me back,
especially the thought
that I am not good enough.

Amen.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-25-2009, 05:20 PM

10,607 posts, read 11,658,684 times
I offer up a prayer in thanks to the Creator for looking over my wife during this uncertain time and I thank him for the wisdom in having me get her to the emergency room on time to save her life and to be with her now on her way to recovery.osay

Old 11-27-2009, 08:35 PM

18,287 posts, read 23,188,315 times
I'll offer up praise ptsum for your wisdom and direction and hope Awesome Dove is better soon.

Old 11-30-2009, 03:55 PM

2,136 posts, read 4,788,904 times
Dear friends,
It has been 2+ months since I came to you requesting prayers for my friend with Leukemia. Today he entered into eternal life. While I am overcome with sadness at the loss of such a wonderful man, I thank God for His wisdom and know that my friend will no longer suffer this world. I ask your prayers for his family. He has left behind a wife and 3 daughters, also his parents and a sister and so many more who knew him and loved him.
Thank you for your prayers.
<>< weather...

Old 11-30-2009, 08:11 PM

18,287 posts, read 23,188,315 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by weatherologist View Post
Dear friends,
It has been 2+ months since I came to you requesting prayers for my friend with Leukemia. Today he entered into eternal life. While I am overcome with sadness at the loss of such a wonderful man, I thank God for His wisdom and know that my friend will no longer suffer this world. I ask your prayers for his family. He has left behind a wife and 3 daughters, also his parents and a sister and so many more who knew him and loved him.
Thank you for your prayers.
<>< weather...
While it sad for us left behind I rejoice for his passing from the world's pain. My sympathy to all the family and friends.

Old 12-02-2009, 07:35 PM

536 posts, read 1,109,249 times
please pray for my son and his wife and daughter. he is an addict and has picked up after being clean for 6 years. we are worried and at a loss what to do for him except pray.
my heart is heavy and i'm looking for a miracle

Old 12-02-2009, 07:57 PM

13,640 posts, read 24,509,987 times
Shymonkey, there are many people who come here daily to read and say prayers ..Please find a little peace in that.

I am praying that God will put someone in your son's life who can help him through this relapse.

I am praying that your son will realize that only he has the power along with the help of God to turn away from his addictions..

I am praying that He will keep you strong and healthy through this ordeal that effects his loved ones.

Old 12-04-2009, 07:19 AM

Default Urgent Prayer Needed

A have heard from a friend that a child has been missing since yesterday morning. I don't know if this is just a teenager who is mad and decided to not come home. I actually hope that is all that it is. Please pray for him to return home soon. Pray for this family.

<>< weather...

Old 12-04-2009, 08:36 AM

Default prayer update

The child has arrived home safe. Please keep him and his family in your prayers. Seems there is some unrest.

Thank you for your faithfulness.

<><

Old 12-09-2009, 04:34 PM

593 posts, read 890,418 times
I'd like to request prayer for a great group of folks in street ministry in Galveston Texas. I've never
met them but on their newsletter via e-mail. It's called Streetscape and they feed,cloth ,arrange
shelter and witness to thousands including entire families out on the street who are homeless.
displaced,hungery and often depressed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality