Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-19-2010, 06:16 AM

5,503 posts, read 5,569,979 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by june 7th View Post
I am an atheist. I don't believe in God. But I ask that those of you who do to please pray for one of my patients: Robin. She has end-stage lung cancer, and has no family to help her; basically having no one other than her phone contact, with me...

Please pray for her. She is very dear to me....

Even an atheist ocassionally recognizes the limitations of her ability to help others. I can't provide her with what you all call "grace" and/or God's mercy and love, especially at the end of one's life...If God exists. For Robin, I hope he does...

She needs prayers.

My heartfelt thanks,
~June
My prayer goes up to The Almighty to envelop Robin with his love, to provide comfort in time of her needs. Robin is not alone...she has you who cares enough to ask for God's mercy. Ask and you shall receive!

From the core...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-30-2010, 01:30 PM

138 posts, read 181,643 times
Default A.r.e.

Please pray for my dear friend A.R.E. She has just moved to a major city and awaits her husband joining her. They are nearing retirement age but are in debt, so are looking forward to decades more of working. It's very sad. She has a bad heart condition and lives with daily panic attacks. She's so nervous her husband won't find work and he won't be able to join her! Also they're incurring even more debt, because of the cost of maintaining two households in the interim. Please pray for them! Thank you so much, Light1111

Old 10-12-2010, 09:37 PM

1,224 posts, read 3,374,333 times
I would like to put in a request for my brother and my mom I think both are strugling with some things right now. thankn you and blessings

Old 10-14-2010, 07:00 PM

13,640 posts, read 24,507,948 times
I come often to read the requests here as do many prayer warriors..My prayer is that God will bless each and every one here according to their needs..

Tonight I have a couple requests of my own..My youngest daughter is a cancer survivor but has many health problems relating to massive doses of Chemotherapy and radiation..She is in the hospital tonight with two blood clots in her lungs.

I also have a very dear rl friend in need of prayer concerning a job matter..Both of these people mean the world to me. One is a blood relative and one is a sister and a child of God, so I appreciate prayers and healing thoughts..

Thank you and may God bless you all.

Old 10-14-2010, 09:17 PM

18,287 posts, read 23,186,749 times
Prayers went up Miss Blue and I also come here to see requests but don't always post.

I have a praise that is for the miners in Chile being brought up safely ya know God was with them all that time. Plus the rescue workers it was an amazing thing to see yesterday.

Old 10-14-2010, 10:12 PM

7 posts, read 10,691 times
I pledge myself to each and everyone of you prayers will be sent to heaven above, I pray those in need will find a peace within themselves and a sense of ease to get through the day regardless of what situation you may be in.

I request prayer for My Aunt, In remission of Cancer.. suffers a lot of damage due to Chemotherapy and Radiation treatment from when she was a teenager! things seem to be gradually sloping downhill right now.

GOD bless, have a beautiful day

living4god

Last edited by june 7th; 10-14-2010 at 10:35 PM..

Old 10-16-2010, 11:01 AM

4,082 posts, read 5,042,345 times
My the Holy One hear the prayers of all those who are in need of healing. May the Holy one also hear those prayers from those who have lost loved ones. May the Holy one hold close to him those who have passed on from this world.

Amen

Old 10-21-2010, 08:48 PM

7,996 posts, read 12,273,833 times
Default Atheist sentiments from your daughter...

On this, the anniversary of your death, please know that despite the many, many years now passed, that you are still loved, and oh, so missed by me....

Take gentle resting care, Dad.

Old 10-21-2010, 09:05 PM

5,503 posts, read 5,569,979 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Blue View Post
I come often to read the requests here as do many prayer warriors..My prayer is that God will bless each and every one here according to their needs..

Tonight I have a couple requests of my own..My youngest daughter is a cancer survivor but has many health problems relating to massive doses of Chemotherapy and radiation..She is in the hospital tonight with two blood clots in her lungs.

I also have a very dear rl friend in need of prayer concerning a job matter..Both of these people mean the world to me. One is a blood relative and one is a sister and a child of God, so I appreciate prayers and healing thoughts..

Thank you and may God bless you all.
In my thoughts and prayers.

Quote:
On this, the anniversary of your death, please know that despite the many, many years now passed, that you are still loved, and oh, so missed by me....

Ohhh...

Old 10-21-2010, 09:13 PM

63,803 posts, read 40,077,272 times
Quote:

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality