Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-26-2010, 11:49 AM

968 posts, read 2,618,582 times

Advertisements

And on this day, I...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Blue View Post
...offer a prayer of thanksgiving for all the people who are serving meals to the less fortunate ones of this great nation, the veterans in the hospitals around this country, the homeless, the elderly andlonely in nursing homes and to the many children in need.

God Bless the ones who willingly and lovingly give so much of themselves to all of us..
I asked the Creator to help all of us to come closer to goodness, gratitude, and servitude each and every day of our lives.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-27-2010, 10:29 PM

1,308 posts, read 3,401,890 times
I'm requesting a prayer because at 3:00pm, I had to put my almost 14 year old Labrador to sleep. It was one of the hardest things that I've ever had to do. I lost my best friend. I feel lost without him. On our way to the vet, it was windy and there were dark clouds. When I walked outside after it was over, the sun was shining, and the sky was blue. My sister who was on her way upstate noticed the change in the weather and called me because she knew that he was gone. She knew how much he meant to me. Thank you.

Old 11-27-2010, 10:35 PM

63,809 posts, read 40,087,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miami Vice View Post
I'm requesting a prayer because at 3:00pm, I had to put my almost 14 year old Labrador to sleep. It was one of the hardest things that I've ever had to do. I lost my best friend. I feel lost without him. On our way to the vet, it was windy and there were dark clouds. When I walked outside after it was over, the sun was shining, and the sky was blue. My sister who was on her way upstate noticed the change in the weather and called me because she knew that he was gone. She knew how much he meant to me. Thank you.
He will be waiting for you on the other side . . . as ALL those who have passed and we have held in love in our consciousness will. Our consciousness is eternal . . . and so what we love is too.

Old 11-27-2010, 10:40 PM

Thank you.

Old 11-27-2010, 10:52 PM

13,640 posts, read 24,509,987 times
I am so sorry about your Lab, Miami..What great lessons of unconditional lovel and companionship he brought you for 14 years.

I believe that we will reconnect with those we loved so much in this life one day.

I haven't had a dog since my GS had to be put down several years ago..Didn't think I could go through the separation again, but one of my daughters moved back with us and brought her Lab with her and suddenly I felt the empty place in my heart fill up again when"Reesy" put her head in my lap and looked up at me with the same trust and love that I remembered seeing in my Gs's eyes.

Don't leave that empty place empty too long Miami. Pets are a very special wonderful thing that God has given us.

God Bless you..

Old 11-27-2010, 11:09 PM

Thank you very much. I told myself that I dont want to have another dog. I guess its normal to feel that way. The truth is, there's nothing like a dog. They are truly man's best friend.

Old 11-28-2010, 08:16 PM

30,353 posts, read 51,942,966 times
I have a friend who could really use some prayers/thoughts/vibes/etc... she's only 34 years old, and was recently diagnosed with advanced ovarian cancer. She lost her mother to breast cancer a few years ago, and her father died of a heart attack when she was twelve - leaving her & her twin sister with only each other (in terms of immediate family). Not only do I fear what she'll go through with this disease, but I can't imagine what her sister is going through either. Please them both in your thoughts, as the prognosis is not great as of now - she already had a complete hysterectomy, and is now receiving aggressive chemo to hopefully get the remaining cancer.

Old 12-02-2010, 08:00 PM

13,640 posts, read 24,509,987 times
Prayers for Gizmo 's friend..a really sad situation between sisters especially twins. There are several sets of twins in my family and the closeness they share is remarkable.

God bless them both; one with healing and one with comfort and with an inward peace that only God can provide.

Blessings to you too Gizmo.

Old 12-03-2010, 04:46 AM

30,353 posts, read 51,942,966 times
Thank you, Miss Blue. I am incredibly close to my sister, and we're 2 1/2 years apart... so I can't imagine what her twin is going through, and thinking about that aspect makes me the saddest. She (the one who's sick) has a GREAT attitude, though, and seems to be handling things well - I've been reading her Caring Bridge blog, and it's sad but heartwarming to read her entries.

Old 12-03-2010, 10:24 PM

1,224 posts, read 3,374,593 times
Saying prayers for your friend gizmo and for you to miami.Saying
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality