Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-27-2007, 06:43 PM

668 posts, read 682,135 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoosier_guy View Post
In lieu of a prayer I'd like to give a praise out to God! My wife called me this evening and in the course of our conversation she told me that while in a parking lot by herself some guy came running up behind her. By God's grace she saw his reflection in the sideview mirror and spun around to face her potential would-be attacker and possible car-jacker. By God's grace she had the strength to deal with this situation and was protected by God's angels. Thank you Lord for your protective hand in all situations and helping my wife to stand strong in the face of danger. You truly are the God of all gods! You are the Holy one of Israel and the King of kings!!

Sheesh! Thank God she's alright!

Scary stuff this world can be....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-27-2007, 08:54 PM

23,016 posts, read 34,383,749 times
Quote:
In lieu of a prayer I'd like to give a praise out to God! My wife called me this evening and in the course of our conversation she told me that while in a parking lot by herself some guy came running up behind her. By God's grace she saw his reflection in the sideview mirror and spun around to face her potential would-be attacker and possible car-jacker. By God's grace she had the strength to deal with this situation and was protected by God's angels. Thank you Lord for your protective hand in all situations and helping my wife to stand strong in the face of danger. You truly are the God of all gods! You are the Holy one of Israel and the King of kings!!
That is another miracle of God. Thank you Father she is ok!!!!!!

Old 07-27-2007, 10:17 PM

335 posts, read 1,208,924 times
Default I would like a prayer request

I would like to pray for everyone in medical, financial, or moral trouble. I am a buddhist and always believe it is a great thing to pray for all things and everyone and this is a very nice thread thank you. Blessings and an alleviation of sorrow and bad thoughts to all of you. If you could all try to smile at someone tomorrow that you normally would not smile at that would be nice to. Be Christlike and all will always be good.

Cheers folks and have a wonderful weekend

Old 07-28-2007, 04:57 PM

1,408 posts, read 5,096,422 times
All of you are in my prayers daily. So many of God's children need His special grace and I pray that all of us will trust Him to carry us through the difficult times and that we will praise Him at all times.

Hoosier, thank God your wife is ok. Know that your family and especially the health concerns of your little boy are in my prayers.

Kawg: I'm still praying that house will be sold and for the safety of your family!

Weather: The court date regarding your son is coming up soon. I pray that God will guide everyone with His wisdom and that all will go smoothly for you -- including your move to NC!

Angel: Praise God for the positive changes in your son's life. But now he needs our prayers to stay strong and in the will of God. May you be blessed!

Taylor: I will pray about your house sale and your move to Texas!

Grama: I will pray about your eating disorder and that you may be healed. May doors be opened to you that would fulfill your needs and honor our Father.

ILNC: You and your husband will remain in my prayers for good health and blessings.

HDL: Praying for the perfect job to open up for you as you trust God for it!

Irishmom: May all your needs come together for your good and God's glory. Praying for your complete healing!

There are others who have requested prayer previously and I'm not sure if I've gotten an update. Haven't heard from Lilybell lately -- I miss her and hope she updates us soon. She's still in my heart and prayers.

May God bless each of you!

Old 07-28-2007, 05:04 PM

8,672 posts, read 22,269,800 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FL_TN_Nana View Post
All of you are in my prayers daily. So many of God's children need His special grace and I pray that all of us will trust Him to carry us through the difficult times and that we will praise Him at all times.

Hoosier, thank God your wife is ok. Know that your family and especially the health concerns of your little boy are in my prayers.

Kawg: I'm still praying that house will be sold and for the safety of your family!

Weather: The court date regarding your son is coming up soon. I pray that God will guide everyone with His wisdom and that all will go smoothly for you -- including your move to NC!

Angel: Praise God for the positive changes in your son's life. But now he needs our prayers to stay strong and in the will of God. May you be blessed!

Grama: I will pray about your eating disorder and that you may be healed. May doors be opened to you that would fulfill your needs and honor our Father.

ILNC: You and your husband will remain in my prayers for good health and blessings.

Irishmom: May all your needs come together for your good and God's glory. Praying for your complete healing!

There are others who have requested prayer previously and I'm not sure if I've gotten an update. Haven't heard from Lilybell lately -- I miss her and hope she updates us soon. She's still in my heart and prayers.

Thanks, Nana, for making a list of the current needs! Makes it much easier for all of us to remember what each individual is needing!

Old 07-28-2007, 09:32 PM

3,927 posts, read 8,668,096 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaykay View Post
Thanks, Nana, for making a list of the current needs! Makes it much easier for all of us to remember what each individual is needing!
I second that as well. Know that each of you are in my prayers as well. This includes

Blue
Mams and his brother
Alpha - his wife and child
Kitten have not heard from in a long while
arguy
budnak
and the many more that have requested prayer

ILNC of course as well as dh
and Nana and kaykay with her husband and other

Old 07-29-2007, 09:50 AM

3,684 posts, read 11,816,055 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FL_TN_Nana View Post

I vote Nana as the cataloger of prayers! I so needed a summary!

My prayers go up for everyone in need, I hope you all get the help and guidance you request.

Also praise God that Hoosier's wife was able to escape harm in a very scary situation.

Old 07-29-2007, 09:53 AM

3,684 posts, read 11,816,055 times
Quote:
We are currently working on having our 4 1/2 year old son accepted to Mayo Clinic in Rochester, Minnesota. He has low white blood cell counts, I believe the T cells. This problem makes him more susecptible to childhood cancers and other things. He also has chronic asthma and is on a nebulizer three to four times a day. In addition his nasal passages are possibly smaller than they should be. There is just a lot going on with my little guy and he's had to deal with this since he was born.

Please pray that Mayo accepts us and we can travel down there and get the answers to our questions and his medical needs. Fortunately Mayo is only a 2-hour drive at the most from us.

Blessings!!
I am praying that your little boy regains his health.

Old 07-29-2007, 09:54 AM

3,927 posts, read 8,668,096 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by irishmom View Post
I am praying that your little boy regains his health.
Hoosier, this goes for me as well, and please keep us updated on how this, getting into the Mayo Clinic, is coming along. Also I pray for your little ones health to improve.

blessings...aiangel

Last edited by aiangel_writer; 07-29-2007 at 09:55 AM.. Reason: clarity

Old 07-29-2007, 03:02 PM

2,800 posts, read 10,009,096 times
I just finally got caught up on all of the new prayer requests and Hoosier's praise! I have said a prayer for each and every one of you. May God's goodness and mercy continue to grow and shine on each one of you. You are all true blessings! I thank God for each one of you being in my life!
Praise God Hoosier that your wife is well! God was definitely with her! How scary that must have been. We all think that "couldn't happen to us" but this shows it can.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality