Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-16-2007, 10:59 PM

3,927 posts, read 8,668,096 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lookingforsomething View Post
Please pray for me.........I have had a weekend from hell! Sorry, but true. I am feeling so down right now. And frustrated. I've never felt depressed before in my life, and for the first time I do.
Thank you.

Oh hon, you are looking at this all wrong. Whenever you get closer to Jesus, satan is very angry and will use any means to get back at you. Instead of allowing him to do this, turn the tables and realize that whenever things like this are happening, it means you are doing something right with God. It means you are becoming closer to God.

I say, Praise and Thank You oh Heavenly Father for working in LFS's life. Thank you for helping her with her walk with You. She is growing and walking in the spirit and satan is after her. I ask for Your cover of protection over her until she is able to understand how satan works. Keep her safe from his ugliness and continue to help her grow. I ask for the whole armor to be put on her to keep the temptations and depressing thoughts from gaining entrance and wounding her. Thank You dear Father for Your Son, Jesus Christ. Thank You for Your love and comfort and peace. In Jesus name I pray, Amen.

LFS, satan is angry because you are a child of God and growing in your faith. Use this against him by continuing your journey for Christ.

aiangel
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-16-2007, 11:48 PM

2,180 posts, read 5,421,662 times
I don't normally post prayer requests, but I have a few I'd like to set out here....

First, my niece and her fiance just broke off their engagement and canceled the wedding - which was supposed to take place in less than 2 weeks! We aren't quite sure why this happened, but I'd like to ask people to please pray for them both, that God will comfort them in this time of sadness and to mend their broken hearts and guide them forward as they move on with their lives apart from each other.

Second, a friend of mine named Jo has recently told me that her mother is suffering from terminal cancer of the brain, which has quickly spread throughout her body. I have NO IDEA if she is a religious woman or not, but if you could please say a prayer for Jo's mom, that God will comfort her and show her the truth of Jesus in her last days.....

Also, if you could please ask God to look over Jo and make sure she is comforted. She's had a bad time lately.

Last, if you could say a quick prayer for me, too.....I'm just having a bit of an issue regarding my beliefs these past few days, and I need Jesus to reveal His truth to me in a real way once again, to clear away the doubts I've been having.

Thanks.

Old 09-17-2007, 12:41 AM

2,800 posts, read 10,009,096 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WCRob View Post
I don't normally post prayer requests, but I have a few I'd like to set out here....

First, my niece and her fiance just broke off their engagement and canceled the wedding - which was supposed to take place in less than 2 weeks! We aren't quite sure why this happened, but I'd like to ask people to please pray for them both, that God will comfort them in this time of sadness and to mend their broken hearts and guide them forward as they move on with their lives apart from each other.

Second, a friend of mine named Jo has recently told me that her mother is suffering from terminal cancer of the brain, which has quickly spread throughout her body. I have NO IDEA if she is a religious woman or not, but if you could please say a prayer for Jo's mom, that God will comfort her and show her the truth of Jesus in her last days.....

Also, if you could please ask God to look over Jo and make sure she is comforted. She's had a bad time lately.

Last, if you could say a quick prayer for me, too.....I'm just having a bit of an issue regarding my beliefs these past few days, and I need Jesus to reveal His truth to me in a real way once again, to clear away the doubts I've been having.

Thanks.
I will pray for all of these things, Rob! Just keep seeking Him, He's there for you...just make sure you're listening when He starts speaking .

Old 09-17-2007, 06:15 AM

1,005 posts, read 1,890,714 times
Default Good thoughts for those in CA wildfires...

Hello All -

I'd like to ask for good thoughts, wishes & prayers for my sister, her husband, their 4-yr old son & my mom who's visiting them in southern CA. They evacuated their home (with their dog who is having arthritis flare-ups, therefore trouble walking) on Saturday afternoon due to the wildfires & no one knows their whereabouts or has heard from them since then. We believe they're safe, but as they left quickly in the middle of a phonecall, we're a bit anxious to hear from them. I believe they were heading to a Red Cross facility.

Three years ago, their entire neighborhood was burned in the wildfires, save for their house. The fires mysteriously stopped 6' short of their property, but took everything else. The Red Cross also helped them very much during the 1-wk they spent with them, followed by the month they had to spend with friends until the community was safe enough to return to.

I hold good thoughts & wishes that they're safe, my mom is peaceful & calm, their home is safe & their neighbors & their homes are safe. I hold good thoughts that we hear from them very soon. I hold good thoughts that pets & wildlife are safe. I also hold good thoughts for all the rescue workers - firemen, rangers, law enforcement & Red Cross workers, so that they are well rested, safe & able to easily do their jobs with the best results.

And so it is... Thank you... VV

Old 09-17-2007, 08:04 AM

740 posts, read 2,014,076 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kawgpz550 View Post
I need to ask for everyone's prayers. As most of you know, we own a carpet cleaning business. Back in July, the transmission went out of our van and we had it replaced...however, the transmission blew while going down the highway this evening. This wouldn't be too terrible an ordeal EXCEPT for the fact that we were just starting to pull ourselves out of a financial crunch. The trans. should be under warranty, however, we are out of work and no money coming in until the shop can fix it!
Just a little prayer that we can get it back up and running in short amount of time.

Thanks everyone!
Will definatly be praying... trust that He will provide for your every need.

Old 09-17-2007, 08:11 AM

740 posts, read 2,014,076 times
I have a praise that I would like to share with everyone who has prayed for my prodigal daughter and my family. She is coming home. We didn't even speak for over a month.... (her choice) she has been gone for 3 months. But God has been doing a work in her life and she decided that she had made some terrible choices and that she needs/wants our help and guidance once more and she wants to move back home this week. Thank you to all who prayed that God would not give her rest in any of her decisions until she made the right one. I learned that she had bought sleeping pills because she could not get to sleep... ISN'T GOD WONDERFUL? He has heard and answered our prayers.

Old 09-17-2007, 08:58 AM

13,640 posts, read 24,509,987 times
Dear Lord, this morning I offer you praises and love for all the prayers that have been answered here. I pray Lord that we will always give you the credit for our good fortune and for the lessons we must learn as we draw closer to your presence. In Jesus name, I pray...amen

Old 09-17-2007, 09:03 AM

8,672 posts, read 22,269,800 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ibcwife View Post
I have a praise that I would like to share with everyone who has prayed for my prodigal daughter and my family. She is coming home. We didn't even speak for over a month.... (her choice) she has been gone for 3 months. But God has been doing a work in her life and she decided that she had made some terrible choices and that she needs/wants our help and guidance once more and she wants to move back home this week. Thank you to all who prayed that God would not give her rest in any of her decisions until she made the right one. I learned that she had bought sleeping pills because she could not get to sleep... ISN'T GOD WONDERFUL? He has heard and answered our prayers.
Soooo happy to hear that, ibcwife! Will keep her in my prayers.

Praying also for you Rob and Nichole.

Old 09-17-2007, 09:39 AM

2,800 posts, read 10,009,096 times
I will be praying for you all!

A little update on my situation....GOD IS SO GOOD!!!!!!!!!!

The transmission didn't go out after all! It was only the flywheel. My hubby fixed it yesterday and we're BACK IN BUSINESS!!!

I am so happy for you IBC! I will be praying for good things to come!

Old 09-17-2007, 09:59 AM

3,927 posts, read 8,668,096 times
kawg and Ibc, what wonderful news...God is an Awesome GOd for sure.

Blessings to all...aiangel
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality