Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-28-2013, 03:23 AM

50,081 posts, read 20,507,234 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eusebius View Post
Won't you be so red faced embarrassed if you are alive when He returns to rule the earth? I think if I were you I would at least give Him enough respect just in case you may be wrong. That would be the wisest position you could take.

Balogna. The very specific years Daniel was given from the going forth of the word to rebuild Jerusalem to the Messiah as Prince was very exact and only Jesus fulfilled that to a 'T'. No one else even came close.
I still stand by my laughter at the empty threats above, but perhaps I should back up my claim that the 'cut -off messiah' stuff in Daniel matches the events around Onias III and - to use your own terms - only Onias III fulfilled that to a 'T'. No one else even came close. The 'specific years' by the way, had to be fiddled to 'weeks of years' to make them stretch to the 1st c AD.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-28-2013, 05:15 AM

17,842 posts, read 14,325,077 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AREQUIPA View Post
I still stand by my laughter at the empty threats above, but perhaps I should back up my claim that the 'cut -off messiah' stuff in Daniel matches the events around Onias III and - to use your own terms - only Onias III fulfilled that to a 'T'. No one else even came close. The 'specific years' by the way, had to be fiddled to 'weeks of years' to make them stretch to the 1st c AD.
Great series of posts in this thread.

And it seems your 'prophecy' came true as well.

Old 02-28-2013, 08:36 AM

17,966 posts, read 15,887,131 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amaznjohn View Post
Again, where are these writings? You can't just make statements without evidence.
The writings are in my house.

Quote:
God doesn't raise people from the dead now. Why would we believe he did it back then?
That's like saying they don't make telegraphs today. Why would we believe they did back then?

Old 02-28-2013, 08:38 AM

Quote:
Won't you be so red faced embarrassed if you are alive when He returns to rule the earth? I think if I were you I would at least give Him enough respect just in case you may be wrong. That would be the wisest position you could take.

Balogna. The very specific years Daniel was given from the going forth of the word to rebuild Jerusalem to the Messiah as Prince was very exact and only Jesus fulfilled that to a 'T'. No one else even came close.
Quote:
Is this really the best you can do? Threats and denial.
Threats? Where did I threaten you?

Denial? how did I deny the truth?

Come now AREQUIPA, I'm definitely not into threats. Don't need to.

Old 02-28-2013, 08:42 AM

1,565 posts, read 2,443,266 times
There are writings of him in eastern religion as well, which is where I believe his teachings came from. As for Jesus having divinity.........nope

He was just some guy that thought he was the son of god that got whacked. He was one of many.......

Old 02-28-2013, 11:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by redfish1 View Post
There are writings of him in eastern religion as well, which is where I believe his teachings came from. As for Jesus having divinity.........nope

He was just some guy that thought he was the son of god that got whacked. He was one of many.......
You would not believe that if you were an eye-witness to His miracles as many thousands were.

Old 02-28-2013, 11:32 AM

50,081 posts, read 20,507,234 times
Quote:
Threats? Where did I threaten you?
"Won't you be so red faced embarrassed if you are alive when He returns to rule the earth? I think if I were you I would at least give Him enough respect just in case you may be wrong. That would be the wisest position you could take."

That sunshine, I take as a barefaced threat. You will blandly deny that it is any such thing. Ok, I'll play. So what if Jesus does return to earth? What difference would that make to me, even if he comes here? I'm not anti -Jewish.

Quote:
Denial? how did I deny the truth?
By shutting your eyes to the shedloads of evidence that the Bible is not reliable, Christ is a fabrication, and the claims of religion do not stand up.

Quote:
Come now AREQUIPA, I'm definitely not into threats. Don't need to.
Then don't do it. Discuss the evidence reasonably.

Old 02-28-2013, 11:42 AM

21,088 posts, read 29,075,915 times
Isn't this a little like the tootsie-pop question of how many licks to get to the center? There just isn't any way of knowing if there was a person or there wasn't a person if there is no proof.
Of course I suppose you might want to use the Book of Mormon to substantiate the claim that Jesus actually exsisted since he is mention in several chapters.
The challenge of saying one has to just believe (Mormons call it the warm fuzzy feeling) because your soul knows the truth is really kind of shallow and pious. As i once told my Mormon Missionaries and others who used the warm fuzzy feeling analogy, kittens also give me warm fuzzy feelings but I have no delusions of the kitten being a god.

Old 02-28-2013, 02:14 PM

Quote:
"Won't you be so red faced embarrassed if you are alive when He returns to rule the earth? I think if I were you I would at least give Him enough respect just in case you may be wrong. That would be the wisest position you could take."

That sunshine, I take as a barefaced threat. You will blandly deny that it is any such thing. Ok, I'll play. So what if Jesus does return to earth? What difference would that make to me, even if he comes here? I'm not anti -Jewish.

By shutting your eyes to the shedloads of evidence that the Bible is not reliable, Christ is a fabrication, and the claims of religion do not stand up.

Then don't do it. Discuss the evidence reasonably.

Oh brother , giving you some personal sage advice is not threatening unless you are a little baby. Waa waaa waaa!

We will see how much a fabrication Christ is when He returns. I win, you win because in spite of your spitefulness, He is going to save you any way.

Old 02-28-2013, 02:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zthatzmanz28 View Post
Isn't this a little like the tootsie-pop question of how many licks to get to the center? There just isn't any way of knowing if there was a person or there wasn't a person if there is no proof.
Of course I suppose you might want to use the Book of Mormon to substantiate the claim that Jesus actually exsisted since he is mention in several chapters.
The challenge of saying one has to just believe (Mormons call it the warm fuzzy feeling) because your soul knows the truth is really kind of shallow and pious. As i once told my Mormon Missionaries and others who used the warm fuzzy feeling analogy, kittens also give me warm fuzzy feelings but I have no delusions of the kitten being a god.
What I find so amazing is these immature naysayers say Christ is just a made-up figure.
Now they will accept a thousands years old book which talks about Plato and say, see here,
Plato really did exist. But they are hypocrites in that they refuse to believe the thousands year old
history book called the New Testament concerning Jesus.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality