U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Labor Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-29-2009, 09:25 AM

56 posts, read 217,719 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BergenCountyJohnny View Post
MLK broke the law in favor of God's law. Breaking the law to buy and (ab)use marijuana is just breaking the law to serve one's selfish desires. Huge difference, and any "evangelical Christian", as the OP claims to be, should know the difference.
The Catholic Church disagrees with you. You should read the Vatican's report about drugs.

Marijuana users have a right, given to them by God, to oppose and stand up against the laws of Man against His plants.

Old 06-29-2009, 09:27 AM

Quote:
No, I got my info from so many millions of dollars of medical research. Get a clue, pothead.
Then let's see these studies..

Please show them..

And make sure you look at the study and not just the press release for it..

The one about tar? PR was from NIDA.. The study shows that marijuana use is not linked to cancers of the lung as it implies with its tar rate.. And also is contradicted by foreign studies that don't use garbage weed that is freeze dried for years before being used..

And don't be surprised when we pick your studies apart because they have sample sizes 1/10th the size of others.

Old 06-29-2009, 09:29 AM

Quote:
- if you need marijuana to feel good then your life sucks and instead of getting high you should be fixing your life so that you can get natural highs out of your enjoyment of life itself
Well since everyone else has already proven all your other statements in there to be false I figure I will take this one and introduce you to Irvin Rosenfeld, an individual who receives marijuana from YOUR tax dollars. And if he didn't have it, he would be dead right now due to bone growths that only marijuana has been able to stop.

But you are right. He shouldn't use it. And just die.

Old 06-29-2009, 11:04 AM

1,889 posts, read 1,886,300 times
Quote:
if you need marijuana to feel good then your life sucks and instead of getting high you should be fixing your life so that you can get natural highs out of your enjoyment of life itself
The masses all get off on something just the same way. Everything is this way. We're supposed to eat Happy meals to feel good, and if we get this new car, we'll feel good, if we eat these cookies we'll be just like the smiling people on the box. This new pair of jeans will make us feel good. Think of how many things out there are consumed "because it feels good"...

I'm not trying to change your mind about marijuana, hate it all you want, but there is a lot more in this overdone and abused feel good boat than grass...

Old 06-29-2009, 11:15 AM

4,047 posts, read 2,754,261 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cleatis View Post
The masses all get off on something just the same way. Everything is this way. We're supposed to eat Happy meals to feel good, and if we get this new car, we'll feel good, if we eat these cookies we'll be just like the smiling people on the box. This new pair of jeans will make us feel good. Think of how many things out there are consumed "because it feels good"...

I'm not trying to change your mind about marijuana, hate it all you want, but there is a lot more in this overdone and abused feel good boat than grass...
the funny thing is, happy meals, cookies and cars are all much more dangerous than marijuana. But, they are also much more profitable to greedy corporations who could care less about health and civil rights.

Old 06-29-2009, 01:02 PM

71 posts, read 66,242 times
could someone show me the vatican's report on marijuana. Cant seem to find it

Old 06-29-2009, 01:49 PM

24,019 posts, read 16,655,081 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by adryan View Post
Here ya go, but is not as claimed I'm afraid.

In a just-issued manual, the Vatican says the use of illegal drugs is "always illicit" because it involves the "renouncement of thought, will, and action as free individuals."

The manual, titled "Church, Drugs and Drug Addiction," is the result of five years of work and was presented in the Vatican. It makes clear that the Catholic Church is against the liberalization of all illegal drugs, including so-called soft drugs, such as marijuana.

Vatican Condemns Illegal Drugs - 2001-12-04 (http://www.voanews.com/english/archive/2001-12/a-2001-12-04-25-Vatican.cfm?moddate=2001-12-04 - broken link)

Old 06-29-2009, 01:51 PM

2,893 posts, read 7,571,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by adryan View Post
why in the world would anyone give the power to someone else (an individual or an institution) to determine what they may and may not do?!!!!
i just don't get it.
well i do but i have to challenge it.
there is no-one on this earth that has true authority over anyone else.
unless you give it to them!
my god.
what gives?
there are laws and they're important to keep people in check who are so out of control that they endanger other people.
but spiritually speaking, no-one has the right to tell anyone else what's right and what's wrong and what is good and what is not good and what is spiritual and what is not spiritual and what "god" wants and what "god" doesn't want, etc., etc.
stop giving your power away!!!!!!!!!!!!
grow up and i'm not being flip or mean but at some point, don't you think it's important to walk on your own two feet spiritually and find your own way to the truth, to god, to the light, to liberation, etc.?
and these institutions that people allow to guide them are so friggin corrupt.
why are they in any kind of position to tell people what to do?
arrrgggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
regarding marijuana .... take responsibility for you own actions.
if you find that it assists you spiritually, then smoke.
if you find that in whatever way, it somehow interferes with your life path or life purpose (spiritually or otherwise), then don't smoke.
alcohol (generally speaking) has a numbing effect and for anyone wishing to be more conscious, it's my feeling that it is an interference and is detrimental.
but that's just how i see it.
marijuana, generally speaking, will accentuate any state or condition that you're already experiencing.
so it can be, if used consciously and with skill and wisdom, a tool or ally in helping one to evolve.
or it may not be.
it depends on your intentions and your ability to discern.

Old 06-29-2009, 03:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
Here ya go, but is not as claimed I'm afraid.

In a just-issued manual, the Vatican says the use of illegal drugs is "always illicit" because it involves the "renouncement of thought, will, and action as free individuals."

The manual, titled "Church, Drugs and Drug Addiction," is the result of five years of work and was presented in the Vatican. It makes clear that the Catholic Church is against the liberalization of all illegal drugs, including so-called soft drugs, such as marijuana.

Vatican Condemns Illegal Drugs - 2001-12-04 (http://www.voanews.com/english/archive/2001-12/a-2001-12-04-25-Vatican.cfm?moddate=2001-12-04 - broken link)

Make sure you don't forget the "except strictly on therapeutic grounds" part of their statement on pg 21 of their publication.

Old 06-29-2009, 03:50 PM

24,019 posts, read 16,655,081 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gieseghj View Post
Make sure you don't forget the "except strictly on therapeutic grounds" part of their statement on pg 21 of their publication.
Well I wasn't about to post the entire report, but I did provide a link.
I have no problem with it's use for valid medical reasons or occasional recreational use, but I have seen what happens to folks who are stoned constantly....Not good.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality