Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-21-2013, 06:22 PM

7,801 posts, read 6,372,988 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
That is the question I would like to pose - primarily to the Christian Fundamentalists - though it would apply equally to any who believe that homosexuality is a choice.
And what a question it is. There is a story I have mentioned on these fora a few times... though I have been dismissed before as just blowing my own sexual trumpet to impress other males. But the story remains true.

While in college I turned down several approaches my females. Not just single ladies but threesomes too. Several of them. All my fellow male friends thought I was mad... insane.... one even got outright angry at me.

The problem was that all the girls in question were asian. I am not racist.... I treat asians the same as any race.... but I simply have never been sexually attracted to any. Ever. Clearly my penis is racist, perhaps.

The point is.... I had many sexual offers.... even of threesomes..... offers that made most of my friends drool in envy.... but I simply could not follow through with them because I simply could not choose to be attracted to women that I was not attracted to. There was no button I could press or choice I could make that would make me want to sleep with them.

Yet the homophobes come on here and tell us that homosexuals make a "choice" to be sexually attracted to people they otherwise would not be.... not just out of their usual attaction zone but out of their "usual" attraction sex?!?!?

I simply do not buy it.

Old 03-21-2013, 07:03 PM

1,051 posts, read 2,298,457 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mircea View Post
Human beings are no different than any other organism that exists now, that existed in the past, or that will exist in the future......and everyone one of those organisms has the same purpose....to procreate to ensure the survival of the species.
And where's your evidence that giving homosexuals equal rights will reduce the procreation rate?

Old 03-22-2013, 07:04 PM

24,510 posts, read 33,305,373 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiyero View Post
No, it's logic. Something you seem unable to grasp.
How interesting that you were able to know what I was thinking back in 1976!

Old 03-22-2013, 09:56 PM

12,918 posts, read 16,861,079 times
Back as an infant, when I probably decided that living with normalcy and truth was a good way to go about my life.

Old 03-22-2013, 10:36 PM

12,595 posts, read 6,649,477 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nozzferrahhtoo View Post
And what a question it is. There is a story I have mentioned on these fora a few times... though I have been dismissed before as just blowing my own sexual trumpet to impress other males. But the story remains true.

While in college I turned down several approaches my females. Not just single ladies but threesomes too. Several of them. All my fellow male friends thought I was mad... insane.... one even got outright angry at me.

The problem was that all the girls in question were asian. I am not racist.... I treat asians the same as any race.... but I simply have never been sexually attracted to any. Ever. Clearly my penis is racist, perhaps.

The point is.... I had many sexual offers.... even of threesomes..... offers that made most of my friends drool in envy.... but I simply could not follow through with them because I simply could not choose to be attracted to women that I was not attracted to. There was no button I could press or choice I could make that would make me want to sleep with them.

Yet the homophobes come on here and tell us that homosexuals make a "choice" to be sexually attracted to people they otherwise would not be.... not just out of their usual attaction zone but out of their "usual" attraction sex?!?!?

I simply do not buy it.
I don't see posts where anyone says people that are not attracted to the same sex...later "decide" they would "make the choice" to be.

The issue is: Being "born" homosexual...the same way one would see it as being "born" heterosexual. The OP asks, When did you choose to be straight?

That you weren't/aren't into Asian girls has NOTHING to do with it.
Are you saying you were "born" not being into women with those physical features?

Everyone has their "tastes"...in ANYTHING...not just sexual attractions or "turn-ons".
It could be music, food, art, etc.

Just because some college age person isn't sexually attracted to a type of "look" or activity...doesn't mean they were "born that way".
It just means that for whatever reason they did or didn't develop a "taste" for it.
Same with which gender you feel attracted to as you get to the age where you develop sexual feelings.

The "natural", "default" propensity will be for the opposite sex...based on the innate (born that way) mammalian "drive" to procreate.
Any feeling that you have that stimulates you sexually otherwise...will be based on a matter of acquired "taste". Just as what "repulses you", "turns you off", or "doesn't do a thing for you" is a matter of not acquiring a "taste" for them/that.
And your "taste" can even override "natural" feelings...like with people that find pain, humiliation, or bodily waste a sexual turn-on. Most would say that isn't "normal"...and it isn't...but that doesn't mean they aren't really "turned-on" by it. Cuz they really are. They just acquired a "fetish" for it. Homosex is one of those "fetishes".

Old 03-23-2013, 03:47 AM

17,842 posts, read 14,381,370 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mircea View Post
Pines, M. 1971. “How the social organization of animal communities can lead to a population crisis which destroys them,” in Julius Segal (ed.) National Institute of Mental Health; Mental Health Reports – 5; U.S. Department of Health Education & Welfare.

Calhoun, J. B. 1963. The Ecology and Sociology of the Norway Rat. Bethesda, MD: U.S. Department of Health, Education & Welfare.

Dominant males became aggressive, some moving in groups, attacking females and the young. Mating behaviors were disrupted. Some became exclusively homosexual. Others became pansexual and hypersexual, attempting to mount any rat they encountered. Mothers neglected their infants, first failing to construct proper nests, and then carelessly abandoning and even attacking their pups. In certain sections of the pens, infant mortality rose as high as 96%, the dead cannibalized by adults. Subordinate animals withdrew psychologically, surviving in a physical sense but at an immense psychological cost. They were the majority in the late phases of growth, existing as a vacant, huddled mass in the center of the pens. Unable to breed, the population plummeted and did not recover. The crowded rodents had lost the ability to co-exist harmoniously, even after the population numbers once again fell to low levels. At a certain density, they had ceased to act like rats and mice, and the change was permanent.

A lot of things in life are choices.

Human beings are no different than any other organism that exists now, that existed in the past, or that will exist in the future......and everyone one of those organisms has the same purpose....to procreate to ensure the survival of the species.

Would you like a dictionary link to the word "anathema?"

Thematically...

Mircea
Your sources are rather dated. 1963? Seriously?

You think humans are no different to rats? Seriously?

Old 03-23-2013, 06:16 AM

19,993 posts, read 13,470,976 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OzzyRules View Post
Back as an infant, when I probably decided that living with normalcy and truth was a good way to go about my life.
What is "normalcy" anyway? And who defines it?

Old 03-23-2013, 08:30 AM

12,918 posts, read 16,861,079 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mordant View Post
What is "normalcy" anyway? And who defines it?
God. His law is written on our hearts, so there is no excuse to say that you don't know what is normal.

Old 03-23-2013, 09:25 AM

15,706 posts, read 11,771,287 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleet View Post
How interesting that you were able to know what I was thinking back in 1976!
I don't need to know what you were thinking. You can't find girls attractive unless you have an attraction to them. It's common sense. There is no voluntary process involved. Nobody scans the room and says, "Gee, I think I will find this type of person attractive for the rest of my life. That seems like a sensible decision. But that person over there I will not find attractive because it seems like it might cause problems later on."

People see someone they find attractive and go, "Wow, she's hot!"

Old 03-23-2013, 09:27 AM

15,706 posts, read 11,771,287 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OzzyRules View Post
God. His law is written on our hearts, so there is no excuse to say that you don't know what is normal.
Your obsession with gays is deeply disturbing. And most people would find your attitude to be deeply immoral, and yet you seem to think you're in line with G-d.

"You can safely assume you've created God in your own image when it turns out he hates all the same people you do." -Anne Lamott
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality