Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-28-2013, 08:09 AM

17,842 posts, read 14,355,673 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GldnRule View Post
You are basing everything on what you think you know...I've been studying the "orientation" of the sexual preferences of the masses every day for almost three decades.
Actually it's you who is basing everything on what you think you know. You don't even appear to understand that sexual orientation is not all about sex.

I'm basing my opinion on the evidence from all the peer-reviewed research over the past 60 years.

Old 03-28-2013, 08:16 AM

17,842 posts, read 14,355,673 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DennisWayne View Post
In all honesty most of us base our view on such subjects in large part upon experiences and observations over out lifetime. Having grown up in a rural community in the conservative deep South and entering my teen years in the mid 1970's, my experiences may not be the same as those growing up in more liberal areas where homosexuals were allowed to be more open.

What I and most other boy's my age in our area encountered was an attempt by older homosexuals to recruit us. Of the 7 other boy's that I was around on a regular basis, only 1 did not experience a similar experience. And we heard of others having such encounters quite often. It usually centered around magazines they would give us. This leads me to believe that's it's less than a thing one is born with than something one is enticed into. Those kid's I knew who entered into homosexual activities were all recruited. While I know there are exceptions to every rule, I must recognize the fact's of what I and my friends and peers encountered.

Based on these facts and God's clear view of homosexuality as sin, I cannot see it otherwise. One would have to change my life experiences and God's word to change my mind. That is of course an impossibility.
I call BS on this.

Old 03-28-2013, 08:16 AM

13,640 posts, read 24,463,987 times
This thread is seriously off topic from what the OP posted

Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
That is the question I would like to pose - primarily to the Christian Fundamentalists - though it would apply equally to any who believe that homosexuality is a choice.

Closing time
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.