Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-17-2013, 11:54 PM

19,942 posts, read 17,136,666 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
It will never happen...That is just your persecution complex showing...Most of my family are believers, and there are no problems, but then they are not bigots of any kind...I have no quarrel with believers as long as they treat others fairly and without prejudice.
It's already happening in many countries around the world.
Moderator cut: delete

Last edited by Miss Blue; 03-18-2013 at 08:21 AM.. Reason: once again you are attempting to hijack this thread
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-17-2013, 11:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post

Vizio, if you're concerned about being persecuted. You might take a long, hard look in the mirror and ask yourself "why me, and not the other 93.7%* of Christians?"

*Pulled out of my butt. Might be exaggerated. Slightly.
Maybe because I actually believe what the Bible says and the rest just want a feel-good country-club to go to on Sunday morning?
Moderator cut: delete

Last edited by Miss Blue; 03-18-2013 at 07:56 AM.. Reason: BGaiting for anothedr homosexual thread

Old 03-18-2013, 12:12 AM

33,513 posts, read 37,057,177 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizio View Post
It's already happening in many countries around the world.

Once again...Christianity has taught for 2000 years that homosexuality was sinful. Only recently have we been called bigots for it.
I've called you people bigots all of my long life...It seems that some of you people (not all) always need someone to hate....Look at the history of Christian persecution of others...

First it was the pagans, then came the crusades, after that it was heretics, then witches, and of course the Jews, and we cannot forget the crimes Christians perpetrated on the native peoples of America, but you don't stop there do you? Once you had wiped out most of the native people, you then turned your hatred towards blacks...Today you have turned your bigotry towards homosexuals and atheists...I know that most Christians are not like you, most accept others belief or not, and regardless of sexual orientation....That is a fact.

Old 03-18-2013, 12:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
I've called you people bigots all of my long life...It seems that some of you people (not all) always need someone to hate....Look at the history of Christian persecution of others...

First it was the pagans, then came the crusades, after that it was heretics, then witches, and of course the Jews, and we cannot forget the crimes Christians perpetrated on the native peoples of America, but you don't stop there do you? Once you had wiped out most of the native people, you then turned your hatred towards blacks...Today you have turned your bigotry towards homosexuals and atheists...I know that most Christians are not like you, most accept others belief or not, and regardless of sexual orientation....That is a fact.
Your apparent weak understanding of history aside..Moderator cut: delete

Last edited by Miss Blue; 03-18-2013 at 08:12 AM.. Reason: You are still attempting another thread on homosexuality

Old 03-18-2013, 12:26 AM

Quote:
Your apparent weak understanding of history asideModerator cut: orphaned..
Moderator cut: orphaned response..My understanding of Christian history is not weak....Why do you think I left the church? It is you that does not understand the history of the church, or perhaps you do, but intentionally blind yourself to the many atrocities connected directly to Christianity....Like the three monkeys...see no evil, hear no evil, speak no evil.

Last edited by Miss Blue; 03-18-2013 at 08:16 AM..

Old 03-18-2013, 12:32 AM

Moderator cut: delete...Bigotry is the state of mind of a bigot: someone who, as a result of their prejudices, treats other people with hatred, contempt, and intolerance on the basis of a person's race, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, language, socioeconomic status, or other status.

Last edited by Miss Blue; 03-18-2013 at 08:06 AM.. Reason: personal and an attack

Old 03-18-2013, 12:52 AM

Moderator cut: orphaned response]It is not bigoted to be against bigots, nor murderers, pedophiles rapists etc...A bigot is not a race, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, language, socioeconomic status, or any other status.

Last edited by Miss Blue; 03-18-2013 at 08:07 AM..

Old 03-18-2013, 01:10 AM

9,659 posts, read 10,210,539 times
I've lost trust in religion because religion is led by men.
I've been violated by religion.

...As long as the men responsible of religion take advantage of it, I can't trust it, or the people that blindly follow it and turn against people like me. As long as people are victims of religion and religious people, I can't faith in anything.

Old 03-18-2013, 05:41 AM

50,083 posts, read 20,582,163 times
"We will have peace," said Theoden at last, and some of his men cried out gladly. "We will have peace when you and all your works have perished! You hold out your hand to me, and I perceive only a finger of the claw of Mordor. When you hang from a gibbet at your window for the sport of your own crows, I will have peace with you and Orthanc."

Sorry That was a gut -reaction.

Old 03-18-2013, 05:58 AM

15,501 posts, read 17,023,829 times
Quote:
Your apparent weak understanding of history asideModerator cut: orphaned...
Until recent times a person in the Americas would not speak against Christianity and would strive to be seen as a "Good American Christian" Being christian in American was necessary if one was to be accepted as being a "True American" any views that seemed to be outside Christian teaching meant risking acceptance by family, friends and co-workers. Being Christian played a big part for a person's success in the community.

Dissension against Christianity was virtually impossible from the time of the "Holy Roman Empire" to the Christianizing of the Americas. The growth of Fundamentalist American Christianity in the 1900s has become the portal for the fall of organized denominations in North America.

From 13th Century Europe through the 20th century Christianity has been the dominating force over Europeans and Americans. It is probably because of the rapid rise of American evangelism that the door has opened for ctiticism of Christian denominations, which in turn has made it permissible to criticize Christianity as a whole.

When the Evangelists opened the door to condemn Catholicism and Main stream Protestant churches it opened the door to make criticism of Christianity acceptable. People were no longer afraid of openly disagreeing with the established clergy.

American Fundamentalist Evangelism ended Romes hold on Christianity. but it also divided Christianity and brought internal conflict. This has made it possible for anti-Christian sentiment to grow. People in America are no longer afraid to acknowledge they are not Christian. The same is probably occuring in Europe and the rest of the Christian nations as American Evangelists carry their proselytizing beyond the Americas. The long established denominations are being replaced by disorganized, emotion based short term flashes of worship that soon burn out and leave smoldering embers that destroy organized Christianity. The doors for criticism abainst Christianity have been opened by the very people that thought they were spreading Christianity.

But a sad part is this freedom to criticize has also allowed some to become anti-Christian to a hostile level. This is the barrier to Peace between believers and non-believers.

Just my opinion and probably was too wordy to make sense.

Last edited by Miss Blue; 03-18-2013 at 08:17 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality