Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-07-2013, 12:06 AM

16,155 posts, read 12,857,175 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GldnRule View Post
But ya better watch out Raf...I can tell JeeperZ is "connected"!
Next thing you know she will send the ghosts of Josephus, Suetonius, and Tacitus, to haunt your pad...and the ghosts of both Pliny's are gonna show up while you're sleeping, and The Younger will hold you down while The Elder is going to...ahhhhhhhh, nevermind, it's too heinous to even speak of.
It's rather depressing isn't it that after 2000 years of desperate searching (and fabricating evidence) that Josephus is still the best they have, even though it's useless.

Quote:
You came back at a great time...this latest crop of Fundies are some of the most entertaining ever!
I shall look forward to it...I think!

Quote:
Originally Posted by InsaneInDaMembrane View Post
Yeah, I took a little time off myself. Just grew tired of the...well, let me not say. There is a new crop of folks here and...well, let me not say.
I used to look forward to the challenge but these days...I dunno, perhaps it's my age but the stupidity of some people irritates me to the point where I just rather go to bed with a cup of hot milk and a book rather than attempt to deal with them.

Quote:
When I peeped back in, I noticed I did not see you or Whoppers or Asheville Native nor Eileen Wright. Well, glad to see you back and Whoppers is back. Good luck and wear your boots. It's pretty deep.
Well my foray into other forums was somewhat entertaining at first but then I started coming across people who claimed Mussolini, Hitler and Franco were Communists or that an untrained army of rednecks could suppress a 'takeover' by the American government even though the government had the military behind it ...and that was good enough reason that every American should have a gun and I thought, Oy vez! Let me out!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaymax View Post
Good to see you back Rafius! You've been missed.
Gracias.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-07-2013, 12:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaymax View Post
Some of them are not so new, just uhhh..... 'reborn'. If you know what I mean.
When Christians tell me that they have been 'born again' I always say, 'rather than get reborn, why didn't you just grow up?'

Old 04-07-2013, 02:33 PM

15,080 posts, read 14,323,230 times
Quote:
JeeperZ's selective associations, his hardened conclusions that everything he's asked for in prayer has always gone his way, and that all the as-yet unanswered questions are due to his God, is just too fantastical to possibly take seriously. Well, except that he does, (or has to...) of course, lest it kill off his life's beliefs.

JeeperZ is a dude? Get OUT!!
The posts always felt very feminine to me.

Old 04-07-2013, 02:36 PM

33,536 posts, read 37,136,097 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by weltschmerz View Post
I'm pretty sure he's a she.

Old 04-07-2013, 02:43 PM

7,381 posts, read 7,692,666 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
I'm pretty sure he's a she.
I always thought she was married, or at least kin, to Eusebius

Old 04-07-2013, 03:20 PM

140 posts, read 132,763 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafius View Post
It's rather depressing isn't it that after 2000 years of desperate searching (and fabricating evidence) that Josephus is still the best they have, even though it's useless.

I shall look forward to it...I think!

I used to look forward to the challenge but these days...I dunno, perhaps it's my age but the stupidity of some people irritates me to the point where I just rather go to bed with a cup of hot milk and a book rather than attempt to deal with them.

Well my foray into other forums was somewhat entertaining at first but then I started coming across people who claimed Mussolini, Hitler and Franco were Communists or that an untrained army of rednecks could suppress a 'takeover' by the American government even though the government had the military behind it ...and that was good enough reason that every American should have a gun and I thought, Oy vez! Let me out!

Gracias.
Go to Wiki Rafius - then condemn everything they say; to make your view fit!

then go back to wiki and prove the Genesis account of Giants in the land is TRUE PROVABLE FACT:

Everyone of your "statements" assumptions and conjecture REQUIRE that History must be re-written to make your views fit!

There is a principle which is a bar against all information,
which is proof against all argument,
and which cannot fail to keep man in everlasting ignorance.
That principle is condemnation before investigation.

—Edmund Spencer

Stupid is: as stupid does - "Forrest Gump"

Old 04-08-2013, 12:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeeperZ View Post
Go to Wiki Rafius -
Go to Wiki for what? The Testimonium Flavianum is a Christian interpolation clumsily inserted between two unrelated events which breaks the flow of the narrative. It reads like the work of a Christian believer (which Josephus wasn't) and it has Josephus referring to Jesus as 'Messiah' which of course Joe, being a Jew, would not have said. We know it's a forgery because it didn't appear in the 'Antiquities' until 300 years after Joe was dead and this is supported by the fact that, while Josephus' works was known to the earlier Church fathers, we find no reference to the passage until the time of that well known Christian forger Eusebius. No Church fathers mention the passage before the 3rd century CE.

Further, Josephus was not even born when the Christian man-god is alleged to have been strutting his stuff so even if Joe had written it, it is nothing more than he had heard from others. Joe also wrote about Hercules too and mentioned him more times that he (allegedly) mentioned a Jesus. Are you going to be intellectually honest and accept that Hercules existed because Josephus mentioned him in the same way that you are claiming that Jesus existed because Josephus mentioned him?

The Testimonium Flavianum is pure Christian tampering. This should not surprise us of course for it is definitely not the only case in history we have of Christians altering the contents of documents to support their faith.

Last edited by Rafius; 04-08-2013 at 12:46 AM..

Old 04-08-2013, 04:48 AM

50,088 posts, read 20,717,984 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by weltschmerz View Post
I am so not going there.

Old 04-28-2013, 08:06 PM

7 posts, read 6,502 times
I am new to this (never posted in anything like this but thought I would give it a try.) Anyways I may be in the wrong forum but this one did say undisputed proof of Gods existence so I thought I might pose this topic of discussion. First of all I do believe in the existence of God and more specifically the God of the Christian Bible. Not trying to sway anyone to what I believe but just discussing a few things. If there is anyone out there that does not believe in the existence of a god (any god), I would like to know how you refute the evidence of the universe being finite and having a beginning. The evidence from the Second Law of Thermodynamics, the universe is expanding (seen Hubble telescope), the radiation from the big bang (found by Penzias and Wilson, 1965), the great galaxy seeds (COBE satelite), and the Einsteins theory of general relativity. Some of these have pretty strong evidence that the universe did have a beginning. I am not saying this proves the existence of a god, but if the universe had a beginning this must mean at one time there was absolutley nothing, and nothing means nothing does it not...? So the big question is if the universe had a beginning what caused it? Logically and rationally nothing can not produce something and disorder can not produce order, it has never been proven, that I know of. I do not claim to know everything and never will. Just want to hear others thoughts on this topic. What do Atheists say about this?

Old 04-28-2013, 08:34 PM

33,536 posts, read 37,136,097 times
Atheists generally are not afraid to say we do not know for anything that has insufficient evidence one way or another, rather that use god did it to explain things unknown.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality