Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-01-2013, 05:03 PM

25,788 posts, read 21,942,589 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
Here's the thing...prayers ARE always heard by God, and they are always answered.

But they are not always answered the way we humans may want them to be answered.

God is not Santa Claus come to make all our dreams and wishes come true.

He sees a much bigger picture than we are able to see from our lowly vantage points - his answers are based on that bigger picture.

We can't always appreciate this, but God is very loving caring creator - he wants what is best for us in the long run, in the bigger scheme of things.
Exactly and well worth quoting so others can read this again.

Old 04-01-2013, 05:03 PM

45,218 posts, read 100,489,477 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amaznjohn View Post
How do you know this is a god you're having a relationship with, and not simply a voice in your head?
You make me smile John

Old 04-01-2013, 05:17 PM

7,381 posts, read 7,678,753 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
You make me smile John
IOW, you don't know, you just have faith. A very convincing testimony.

Old 04-01-2013, 05:52 PM

9,455 posts, read 12,507,029 times
Quote:
You have no clue how it works. Faith is not built on wishful thinking. It is based on experience and events. A mystery to the skeptic. A lifestyle to those who are in a relationship with God.

Old 04-01-2013, 05:57 PM

140 posts, read 132,455 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr5150 View Post
Yep, works for me.

Hard to be swayed by all of skeptics when you are experiencing the power of God on a daily basis.
Amen & Amen!!

Old 04-01-2013, 06:02 PM

45,218 posts, read 100,489,477 times
Quote:
Sure I know, and knowing has made my faith even stronger

But I realize nothing I say will be "good enough" for a skeptic like you

That's okay, it's not my job to convince you of anything - I was just answering the question!

Old 04-01-2013, 06:07 PM

140 posts, read 132,455 times
Quote:
You have no clue how it works. Faith is not built on wishful thinking. It is based on experience and events. A mystery to the skeptic. A lifestyle to those who are in a relationship with God.
God makes many promises; I take a simple promise and I apply it to my daily living;

For instance - Proverbs chapter 15:1 A soft answer turns away wrath; but grievous words stir up strife.

I found that to be a true way to approach things and it does work!!

Another for instance: Call on Me in the day of trouble - I will deliver you and you shall glorify me. Right there is another promise. I wuz in serious trouble - I(continually) called out - because I knew I was about to die.. (frozen to death).

I don't ever expect you to understand this - I am still in awe and perplexed greatly as well as 3 other witness who saw this event happen.

I've had too many types of these strange things happen to our entire family - over a 60 year period!

There is no other explanation that even begins to make any sense!

Old 04-01-2013, 06:08 PM

4,530 posts, read 5,126,641 times
Paying to god has no more effect than praying to Cthulhu or Bigfoot would. Asking a fictional entity through psychic thought for favors is beyond silly.

Old 04-01-2013, 06:15 PM

Quote:
Sure I know how it works, I've been there. I was also told about Santa Claus and believed in him, but realized that my experiences and events weren't real but imaginary as well. Most of you only have faith because you were raised that way and are afraid to accept any evidence contrary to what you've been programmed to believe. If you had been raised in Pakistan, most, if not all, of you would be Muslim or in India, Hindu. Your faith is no more than simple chance. Of course, you'll dismiss this because of your fear of being wrong.

Old 04-01-2013, 06:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeeperZ View Post
God makes many promises; I take a simple promise and I apply it to my daily living;

For instance - Proverbs chapter 15:1 A soft answer turns away wrath; but grievous words stir up strife.

I found that to be a true way to approach things and it does work!!

Another for instance: Call on Me in the day of trouble - I will deliver you and you shall glorify me. Right there is another promise. I wuz in serious trouble - I(continually) called out - because I knew I was about to die.. (frozen to death).

I don't ever expect you to understand this - I am still in awe and perplexed greatly as well as 3 other witness who saw this event happen.

I've had too many types of these strange things happen to our entire family - over a 60 year period!

There is no other explanation that even begins to make any sense!
Without objective details I can't address this, but I would suspect that science and reason would provide a reasonable answer to anything that you would consider supernatural. If you're so convinced, again I challenge you to take this supernatural power to the local Children's Hospital so that the most vulnerable and most needy can take advantage of it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.