Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-29-2013, 03:50 PM

16,155 posts, read 12,850,754 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneLess View Post
Remember lots of important and well known people throughout history were influenced by Christ.
Lots of important and well known people throughout history were influenced by Hercules too but he wasn't real either.

Last edited by Rafius; 04-29-2013 at 04:08 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-29-2013, 04:05 PM

33,521 posts, read 37,121,123 times
Quote:
You mean the Jewish scriptures a.k.a Old Testament don't you?
Yes the one Christians call the old testament...Often used by Christians to justify their bigotry against others, but conveniently denied when the ugly parts are mentioned.

Old 04-29-2013, 04:10 PM

33,521 posts, read 37,121,123 times
Why should I choose Christ as my god when I have all these to pick from?

Major Gods and Goddesses of the World

Old 04-29-2013, 05:17 PM

796 posts, read 1,161,915 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
Why should I choose Christ as my god when I have all these to pick from?

Major Gods and Goddesses of the World
Because there is only one and only truly God. There are scientific and historical evidence that Jesus existed.

Old 04-29-2013, 05:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
Yes the one Christians call the old testament...Often used by Christians to justify their bigotry against others, but conveniently denied when the ugly parts are mentioned.
Christians and Christianity split from Judaism and Old Testament is no longer applied to us. Jesus broke some Jewish law himself. BTW why don't you guys attack Jews/Judaism over their violent book and laws they worship and practice?

Old 04-29-2013, 05:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafius View Post
Lots of important and well known people throughout history were influenced by Hercules too but he wasn't real either.
Source? At least we know that figure is not existing. You cannot compare Jesus followed by billions of people worldwide with a nonsense cartoon figure.

Old 04-29-2013, 05:41 PM

48,564 posts, read 24,106,504 times
Quote:
I believe Muhammad is a false prophet, and he is not a good person to follow. He married lots of women including 9 year old girl, murdered several people, and found a violence book, Jihad, etc. etc.
Yeah, yeah. We already did this dance. I pointed out that the Bible is just as filled with violence as the Koran, you have had no response to that. Why does violence in the Koran offend you while the same in the Bible does not?

And once more I must point that that your offerings are entirely composed of blank assertions on your part and you have yet to meet any of the multiple requests for proof or documentation to support these declarations.

Why should anyone give a turd for your opinions on these things if you are unable to offer any sort of support for them? Why was Muhammad false and Jesus true? How can you be certain that either of them were true? They both enjoy the same level of proof....someone says so.

Old 04-29-2013, 05:42 PM

48,564 posts, read 24,106,504 times
Quote:
Because there is only one and only truly God. There are scientific and historical evidence that Jesus existed.
What scientific evidence?

Old 04-29-2013, 05:45 PM

30,907 posts, read 32,984,452 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grandstander View Post
What scientific evidence?
Well, there's this dog door.

Old 04-29-2013, 05:46 PM

4,904 posts, read 6,013,333 times
Quote:
Christians and Christianity split from Judaism and Old Testament is no longer applied to us. Jesus broke some Jewish law himself. BTW why don't you guys attack Jews/Judaism over their violent book and laws they worship and practice?
You don't see many Jews trying to legislate their religious beliefs into law. You also don't see Jews out evangelizing or trying to convert others to Judiasm. They also don't go around telling nonbelievers they're going to burn for eternity if they don't become Jewish.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality