Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-03-2013, 10:18 AM
Gru

79 posts, read 82,418 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by newnature View Post
The issue of sin was settled, it is a son issue today, not a sin issue. Will man accept what Jesus Christ accomplished or will they reject it, the son is the issue with God today.
In the old testament, god loved to smite us. Now there's the "new" testament and he's leaving us alone.
Thank you Jesus for keeping God from destroying us! I know you're all that's stopping him from making us go extinct like he almost did with the flood.

Quote:
God’s attitude of love forces no one to take him at his word.
God has killed hundreds of millions, maybe billions of people in floods and other outbursts. If that's his love, I don't want it.

Quote:
Reconciliation has to do with God’s justice being satisfied for sins, reconciliation is a sin issue. The just do, in fact, live by faith, but it is not their sinless lives that allow them to be called just; they do not live sinless lives.
Is this the original sin thing again? Do you believe we're all born sinners? If so, how do you reconcile that with free-will? And do not say we have free-will, but are biased towards sin. Because a free-will that is biased is not free-will.

Quote:
True faith is believing that God raised Christ from among the dead, thus, because of the resurrection of Christ, those who believe in what Jesus accomplished are secure in their redemption.
I believe that Jesus protects us from a god who wants to kick our a$$. Thank you Jesus!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-03-2013, 05:56 PM

21,020 posts, read 19,383,279 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gru View Post
In the old testament, god loved to smite us. Now there's the "new" testament and he's leaving us alone.
Thank you Jesus for keeping God from destroying us! I know you're all that's stopping him from making us go extinct like he almost did with the flood.

God has killed hundreds of millions, maybe billions of people in floods and other outbursts. If that's his love, I don't want it.

Is this the original sin thing again? Do you believe we're all born sinners? If so, how do you reconcile that with free-will? And do not say we have free-will, but are biased towards sin. Because a free-will that is biased is not free-will.

I believe that Jesus protects us from a god who wants to kick our a$$. Thank you Jesus!
You're funny and smart.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality