Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-03-2008, 01:01 PM

5,160 posts, read 9,168,548 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Campbell34 View Post
What I find Highly illogical is your claim that nothing much has changed in reguards to the Jews in the Middle East. The Bible states that in the latter days and in the latter years God would allow His people the Jews to return to the land of Israel and retake Jerusalem. And this would happen after a world wide exile. (Did you miss something alone the way.) Israel became a nation in 1948. Israel retook Jerusalem in 1967. And they took both southern Israel and Jerusalem in the order the Bible said they would. And you will find that order in Zec. chapter 12, verses 6 and 7. Starting in Ezekiel chapter 36 which you say is not a prophecy, it reads. "Also, thou son of man, (prophesy unto the mountains of Israel, and say, Ye mountains of Israel, hear the word of the Lord
It is the Bible that tells us it is a prophecy. And if you should take the time to read Ezekiel chapters 36,37,38,and 39, you would understand what is going to happen in the Middle East. And you can have confidence in this writing because much of it has already come to pass. What is illogical is to ignore facts that can be observed and are known to be true.
You're referring to the Bible as if it's been proven as 100% true with irrefutable evidence. It hasn't. It has many contradictions and stories that have no evidence to back them up. It is illogical to declare the Bible as truth when you take those things into consideration.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-03-2008, 01:28 PM

7,628 posts, read 10,967,281 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marodi View Post
That prophecy has taken place multiple times, like when they were conquered by the babylonians for an easy off the top of my head answer, but Isreal has been exiles and put back together again multiple times. And how bout that, the world is still here.

The bible dosen't talk about the future, it talks about the past.
Sorry that prophecy has never taken place. Jews wandering in and out of Israel is not the fulfillment of the prophecy. And this is the kind of slip shot armchair observations that only conclude in error. According to the Bible, when the Jews would enter the land they would first take southern Israel, and then second they would retake Jerusalem. Also, when they enter the land this would cause the nations of the world to focus their armies on Jerusalem. Do you want to tell me when all of this happened in the past? Can you tell me when Gog, with her allies which include Persia, Ethiopis and Libya, and others attacked Israel. And God tells us this will happen in the latter years. Only the most liberal theologans who really donot believe that the Bible is God's Word would suggest that it does not speak of the future.
And maybe that is why when Christ returns, the Bible tells us how shocked earths population will be, when they see Christ coming in the clouds with power and great glory. The Bible is filled with time sensitive clues, yet as the Bible states few would be watching for the coming of Christ. Most of the prophecies simply are flying over the heads of those who donot care, deny, or just ignore them. It is no accident that at this time we find the Jews back in Israel and in control of Jerusalem. God will use the Jews who donot know Him, to reveal to the world who He is. You can read about this in Ezekiel chapters 36,37,38,and 39. And if you read Zec. 12: verses 9 to 14 you will read where the Jews near the end of time finally see who their God is. And you will also read that when they see who their God is the Jewish people will go into a state of great mourning. If their God just saved them from destruction why such sadness? These events have never happened in the past, they will happen in the future.

Old 03-03-2008, 01:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haaziq View Post
You're referring to the Bible as if it's been proven as 100% true with irrefutable evidence. It hasn't. It has many contradictions and stories that have no evidence to back them up. It is illogical to declare the Bible as truth when you take those things into consideration.
Blanket statements are always easy to make. I would suggest you give me one of your best contradictions and we could go from there.

Old 03-03-2008, 01:39 PM

5,160 posts, read 9,168,548 times
Quote:
Blanket statements are always easy to make. I would suggest you give me one of your best contradictions and we could go from there.
Easy...Is God good to all? Or just some?

PSA 145:9 The LORD is good to all: and his tender mercies are over all his works.
JER 13:14 And I will dash them one against another, even the fathers and the sons together, saith the LORD: I will not pity, nor spare, nor have mercy, but destroy them.

Old 03-03-2008, 02:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haaziq View Post
Easy...Is God good to all? Or just some?

PSA 145:9 The LORD is good to all: and his tender mercies are over all his works.
JER 13:14 And I will dash them one against another, even the fathers and the sons together, saith the LORD: I will not pity, nor spare, nor have mercy, but destroy them.
If you take Psalms chapter 145 verse 9 out of context you could make a arguement for a counterdiction. However, if you had read verse 8 you would find that it reads that God is slow to anger. Which should inform you that God has that ability. He is good to all that love Him, but God will punish them that rebel against Him. To isolate a verse with out considering the full text will only lead you into error.
Jer 13:14 is just such a case and demonstrates Israels Idolatry and rebellion which invokes God's anger which is spoken of in verse 8. It is God's desire to be good to all, but it is also God that brings about correction and judgement.
That verse only appears as a counterdiction if you fail to consider the full text.

Old 03-03-2008, 03:20 PM

661 posts, read 1,183,537 times
Contradictions: All lying is forbidden
Ex 20:16/ Prov 12:22/ Rev 21:8

Yet lying is approved of and sanctioned
Josh 2:4-6(Rahab)James 2:25 (Rahab)/ Ex 1:18-20 (Egyptian midwives) 1 Kings 22:21,22

Even Jesus line of genealogy came about through a lie, accomplished by Jacob lying to his nearly blind father Isaac, deceiving him into giving him the birthright instead of Esau.

Old 03-03-2008, 09:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GCSTroop View Post
Highly illogical claim. Think about it this way. What has really changed in regards to the Jews and the Middle East since the Bible was written? Not much. It's not really a prophecy if nothing has changed since the time it was written. Now, if the Bible had said "America will one day burn at the hands of Middle Eastern terrorists sneaking dirty bombs into every city in the U.S." then you might have me convinced. Again, let's try and put this in perspective... why are we assigning otherwise vague concepts to what we think it really means??
The prophecy of America destruction states that America will be destroyed in (one hours time) by a sneak attack from nations from the north. It states that all her cities will burn, and no one will ever be able to live in her land again for the land will be completely polluted. It clearly tells us that no man will even be able to return to even remove a stone for a foundation, because of this pollution. It tells of the citizens trying to put out the fires but all of their efforts will be in vain. It tells of the shock of the rest of the world will experiece when they see America burning, and the merchants of the earth will be crying out and saying that there is no one left to purchase their goods anymore. And others will be saying how has such great wealth come to nothing in one hours time? It also states that America will refuse to fight, and will not use her weapons. Also the nations near her will also be destroyed at the same time. It will not be the use of dirty bombs that destroys America, but a full nuclear strike from the nothern nations that will destroy America.

When the Bible was written, there was no way such an attack from other nations could of accomplished this kind of destruction. This kind of warfare was unthinkable, and did not exist when the Bible was written. Only in our time would such a thing be possible, and this is what the Bible is pointing out here. I might add, all of this would take place after the Jews have fully established themselves in Israel and Jerusalem, and this after a return by the Jews from a world wide exile.

Old 03-03-2008, 10:22 PM

6,712 posts, read 13,454,679 times
Quote:
The prophecy of America destruction states that America will be destroyed in (one hours time) by a sneak attack from nations from the north. It states that all her cities will burn, and no one will ever be able to live in her land again for the land will be completely polluted. It clearly tells us that no man will even be able to return to even remove a stone for a foundation, because of this pollution. It tells of the citizens trying to put out the fires but all of their efforts will be in vain. It tells of the shock of the rest of the world will experiece when they see America burning, and the merchants of the earth will be crying out and saying that there is no one left to purchase their goods anymore. And others will be saying how has such great wealth come to nothing in one hours time? It also states that America will refuse to fight, and will not use her weapons. Also the nations near her will also be destroyed at the same time. It will not be the use of dirty bombs that destroys America, but a full nuclear strike from the nothern nations that will destroy America.

When the Bible was written, there was no way such an attack from other nations could of accomplished this kind of destruction. This kind of warfare was unthinkable, and did not exist when the Bible was written. Only in our time would such a thing be possible, and this is what the Bible is pointing out here. I might add, all of this would take place after the Jews have fully established themselves in Israel and Jerusalem, and this after a return by the Jews from a world wide exile.

Could you quote for me any part of the Bible that says the word "America"???

Wait... let me guess... we're going to use metaphoricals now, right?

Old 03-04-2008, 12:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GCSTroop View Post
Could you quote for me any part of the Bible that says the word "America"???

Wait... let me guess... we're going to use metaphoricals now, right?
Most of the prophecies that speak of future America will be found in the Old Testament, yet the name of America will not be found there. I might remind you, all of the prophecies that speak of Jesus Christ first coming will be found in the Old Testament as well. Yet the name Jesus Christ will not be found there either. So how does one understand how we get to either Jesus or America being the principal subject? The Bible is big on giving descriptions, and it does this is such detail that it leaves the student of the Bible with no room for error. In the case of Jesus Christ the Old Testament gives you 300 prophecies that describes every aspect of Christ life, from the town of His birth, to His betrayal by a friend for 30 pecies of silver. And His mission to die for the sins of the world. The prophecies that speak of America are given in the same way. They speak of a powerful nation that exist during the time when the Jews are returning to Israel and Jerusalem. This nation is considered a great merchant nation that is one of the worlds great traders. It talks of a nation that is built on many waters and is made up of mingled races and people. It is a nation that can mount up into heaven, and speaks with a great voice in the world. It is a nation were world leaders stream to. And it is a nation that has a mountain of war that will be destroyed. It is also a nation that has a large Jewish population. Now there are other descriptions spoken in the Scriptures but theses are some of them. It is also a nation that has her own personal inland sea. Now some of these prophecies could fit other nations, yet only American has room for them all. Also the attacking nations will reside in the north, so this nation will have to be in the lower longitude.
Also, after this attack, it appears the other nations such as Russia, Europe, Middle East, and Asia are still intacked, so those nations would not appear to be on the hit list. As you start to go down the list it leaves little room for error, and really begins to narow down the options. Many of the other prophecies reguarding future America pretty much remove all doubt. Many years ago God showed me these prophecies, and this was long before this view had been considered by many Christians. Today if you type in (America is Babylon) there are countless sites that speak of this.

Old 03-04-2008, 01:41 AM

54 posts, read 156,848 times
[quote=Campbell34;3023738]Most of the prophecies that speak of future America will be found in the Old Testament, yet the name of America will not be found there. I might remind you, all of the prophecies that speak of Jesus Christ first coming will be found in the Old Testament as well. Yet the name Jesus Christ will not be found there either.

Maybe Jesus was not prophet the Old testament was talking about. Those who study Judaism and Islam, based on the OT, don't think he was.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality