Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-12-2013, 06:16 AM

6,222 posts, read 4,010,513 times

Advertisements

Why do we need to wait for some God to do something about the starving children of Africa? Those children are purposely being starved by mankind.

Old 05-12-2013, 07:58 AM

19,994 posts, read 13,475,998 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gabfest View Post
Why do we need to wait for some God to do something about the starving children of Africa? Those children are purposely being starved by mankind.
You have no argument from me. Humanity is responsible for this, and if humanity doesn't address it it's going to continue. But I left the faith because life is too short to be angry at a god who (1) knows of such suffering (2) has the power to intervene and (3) does not. Such a god is just as culpable as humanity. In some ways, more so.

Old 05-12-2013, 04:06 PM

7,381 posts, read 7,692,666 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn View Post
Moderator cut: Orphaned
I'm not questioning your "healing", only the source of your "healing". There is NO evidence that faith heals, other than the placebo effect. When analyzed more closely these so-called "healings" have typically been found to be the result of some other type of cure or simply frauds. I'm not suggesting that you are in the latter category, but when making these types of claims, one needs to provide the evidence to support them or one takes a chance of hurting someone else. For example, a friend of mine who was raised in a Pentecostal Holiness church had a cousin who was paralyzed from the chest down from a car accident, when he was in his late teens. Every time a revival would come around, his family would wheel him onto stage expecting a healing. Of course, the healing didn't occur and his cousin was left disappointed each time and still lives in a wheelchair. Also, each time he was not healed, he was blamed because "He didn't have enough faith." Some compassion, huh? How pitiful is this that no only are they committing fraud so they can raise money from the poor, sick, and/or helpless, but they blame the victims? These people do NOT need to be promoted, but instead, arrested.

Last edited by june 7th; 05-13-2013 at 06:45 PM..

Old 05-13-2013, 05:13 PM

21,020 posts, read 19,375,370 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amaznjohn View Post
... but when making these types of claims, one needs
to provide the evidence to support them...
Honey...I don't need to do anything.

And I'm no scientist.

I'm used to being attacked...3 weeks afterwards at a wedding reception,
an acquaintance asked how I was....well, I was till beaming because I WAS HEALED!
So I told her...I was great and why....whereupon she (sorry it still cracks me up) starts yelling at me
Because of some imaginary cancer patient that isn't healed and why did I get healed?

I was smiling like I had just won the lottery the whole time and simply said, "I dunno."
Luckily, someone pulled her away from her ranting...lucky so she didn't embarrass herself...I was fine.

Old 05-13-2013, 06:46 PM

7,996 posts, read 12,273,833 times
Thread closed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality