Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-18-2013, 12:14 PM

19,942 posts, read 17,084,424 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptsum View Post
And if she chooses neither one... and decides on something else completely different?..... still many choices.
Not in the equation, sorry. But she still had the freedom to choose--even if she chose the only option that was viable.

Old 05-18-2013, 12:19 PM

21,020 posts, read 19,199,453 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafius View Post
This reminds me of the Christian blood cult.

Brian Blessed - YouTube
And why I am no longer a Roman Catholic.

Old 05-18-2013, 12:22 PM

10,603 posts, read 11,621,294 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn View Post
I want to say here and now...I must distance myself from anyone ever thinking I believe this way.

That is pretty much saying if you do not believe in the Judaic God...'the one true god' (sic)...then
that is why 'nations are suffuring' (sic)...if I read this incorrectly, I'm sorry.

But, in the same post "God is no respector of persons'....as long as you are not steeped in idolatry, that is.
Soooo, Allah followers, Krishna followers, the Great Spirit believers and the Agnostics
and atheists and pagans are just s.o.l.

I do not believe this way...I must state again.

Sorry sterling, I'm sure you're a great guy.

Miss Hepburn, you do not have to apologize for other people's comments, everyone here is entitled to their say and it only reflects upon the individual making that statement, not you, so don't feel that you have to apologize for anyone but yourself, should you choose to do so.

Old 05-18-2013, 12:27 PM

10,603 posts, read 11,621,294 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizio View Post
Not in the equation, sorry. But she still had the freedom to choose--even if she chose the only option that was viable.

"Not in the equation" and just whose equation might that be preacher? yours or you god... I go back to one of my former statements....."or not"..... not choosing is also a choice.

Old 05-18-2013, 01:06 PM

41 posts, read 37,751 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eddie gein View Post
Cuz he likes the way it smells.

Leviticus 1:13

13 He is to wash the inner parts and the legs with water, and the priest is to bring all of it and burn it on the altar. It is a burnt offering, an offering made by fire, an aroma pleasing to the LORD.

The idea that the creator of the universe (if there is one) NEEDS animal sacrifices for atonement of sin is beyond stupid. However there were probably a lot of happy sheep, bulls, goats, pigeons and doves when 'ole Jesus went on that cross......

But wouldn't have made more sense to burn him?
this just made me laff and laff.....there used to be a marketing campaign at a restaurant chain.....pictures of chickens saying "try the beef" and pictures of cows saying stuff like "the chicken is extra fresh today", lol.

i can just imagine it now....in the days and moments leading up to a big sacrificial occasion 2500 years ago.....a sheep with a sign 'round it's neck: "cattle get you more mileage with god", and ox with a sign saying: "god prefers the sweet aroma of sheep".

Old 05-18-2013, 01:10 PM

2,981 posts, read 2,913,083 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafius View Post
This reminds me of the Christian blood cult.

Brian Blessed - YouTube
- Just try living without blood.

Old 05-18-2013, 01:20 PM

41 posts, read 37,751 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizio View Post
We won't want to. Personally, I believe God is sovereign. The Bible says that God predestines us and gives us the Grace to know him. Ultimately though, we all choose to sin--it's just that some of us are given the Grace to know him. I have no problem with the idea, but I find it interesting to see that someone else is whining about the fact that we get a choice.

how does anyone have any freedom of choice, when they are stuck in a fossilized state of consciousness from the beliefs they have been taught, by a society with a self-serving agenda?

most people seem to feel certain enough to assert that their own state of consciousness is completely liberated and unaffected by outward influences.

what is the purpose of seeking 'truth' if one is emotionally dishonest with themselves? what benefit will 'truth' provide, if one's own state of consciousness demands that truth is used to further one's own personal agenda? how does the integrity of truth stand up when it's used to defend one's own stagnant viewpoint and deny, justify and rationalize away one's own enslavement to antiquated ideals? is 'truth' still Truth when it is manipulated in such a manner?

in threads like these, it is quite easy...for those with the eyes to see......who's state of consciousness is free to ascend and evolve...and who's state of consciousness moves only laterally....at best.

but then....i do not claim to be someone who is free of outward influences. perhaps i am the 'blind' one.

Old 05-18-2013, 01:22 PM

16,155 posts, read 12,793,132 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RevelationWriter View Post
- Just try living without blood.
We are talking more about having a fetish for it.

Old 05-18-2013, 01:32 PM

7,991 posts, read 12,212,761 times
Thread temporarily closed due to moderator consideration.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality