Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-19-2013, 04:59 AM

50,088 posts, read 20,723,660 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
You are describing evolutionists and atheists.
Raffs has it right. You have described dreams. I have them too and nobody is going to tell me they come from God (1) You wag around the Bible, which is false and unreliable in almost every aspect and demonstrably so. You pee all over evolution which is verifiable fact and is demonstrably so. You link evolution and atheism in a way that shows your utter lack of understanding, your faith -induced bias and unwillingness to listen, learn or re-evaluate your beliefs.

Another one sitting up in the smoking wreckage of his SE5a wiggling his joystick and claiming he's still flying.

(1) well of course they won't you unbeliever, because He doesn't speak to atheists.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-19-2013, 05:54 AM

17,842 posts, read 14,384,541 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
What a statement, and said in public no less....I'm embarrassed for you....
It gets worse. Ask him how old he thinks the earth is.

Old 05-19-2013, 06:13 AM

7,381 posts, read 7,693,440 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
Yawn....

I miss Vizio.

When is it his turn again?
I agree. At least Vizio has the fortitude to stand up for his beliefs, wrong though as they may be. The most recent theist posters only want to make proclamations that advance these same old myths by calling them "the truth" or "my experiences". One even uses the escape "if you don't play nice with me I won't answer your question", then still doesn't answer your question. Where are the good ol' days when theists actually tried to defend their myths and provided a challenge?

On the bright side, it might indicate that logic and reason are winning the day, where only the loons are left.

Old 05-19-2013, 07:35 AM

794 posts, read 1,409,382 times
We must have finally won, once and for all. Hooray for the forces of reason!

Old 05-19-2013, 07:52 AM

19,942 posts, read 17,192,123 times
Quote:
Yawn....

I miss Vizio.

sorry guys.....real life got in the way for a bit there. I had to leave the computer for awhile yesterday to get work done. I'll probably be on later today. I hope someone can finally give me a legitimate answer of how the universe came about without a creator.

Old 05-19-2013, 08:02 AM
2K5Gx2km

n/a posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizio View Post
I hope someone can finally give me a legitimate answer of how the universe came about without a creator.
I hope you can finally understand why you just don't get it - read many of the previous posts and a physics book.

Last edited by 2K5Gx2km; 05-19-2013 at 08:10 AM..

Old 05-19-2013, 08:03 AM

Quote:
sorry guys.....real life got in the way for a bit there. I had to leave the computer for awhile yesterday to get work done. I'll probably be on later today. I hope someone can finally give me a legitimate answer of how the universe came about without a creator.
As soon as you can provide a legitimate answer about how your creator came about without a creator.

Old 05-19-2013, 08:09 AM

Quote:
Yawn....

I miss Vizio.

We need to be more careful what we wish for.

Old 05-19-2013, 08:13 AM

16,155 posts, read 12,858,876 times
Quote:
LMAO...he's STILL at it. All the answers he's been given and he's still claiming that no one has answered him...and he has the 'hutspa' to call 'foul' when he's called out for trolling.

Since you keep asking the same question over and over, I will keep giving you the same answer over and over. The universe came about the same way that your god did.

Old 05-19-2013, 08:38 AM

50,088 posts, read 20,723,660 times
Quote:
Ok, let's try again.

In the beginning was nothing but numerical potential.

That potential began to rotate and moved amongst other potentials and tacitly implied that the other rotating potentials had to make room for it.

When there were billions upon billions of these rotating potentials, each one distinct from the others, they began to combine and repel, each according to its inherent kind.

This colossal cosmos -sized collection of rotating potentials which we call particles assembled in what we call gas clouds attracted into centres of more dense gas and ...uhhh... well I wasn't there to see but we got stars perhaps or maybe Big Bang units and there was one of many that unfolded rather than exploded beginning what we call 'The Universe'. Just one of many, I'd surmise.

In that universe, gas clouds coalesced into stars, stars groups in clusters or rotating discs. They went through their physical cycle, condensed and formed the heavier elements and exploded (we know they do) and formed the clouds of gas with the lighter and heavier elements and even the compounds we call biochemical.

One of these formed into our solar system. The rest is history.

Now this is just one scenario which may be way off. Now all I ask of you is that you produce a legitimate answer of how the universe came to be with a creator.

And legitimate means How and that means more than 'God said so'.

Off you go.

Last edited by TRANSPONDER; 05-19-2013 at 08:54 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality