Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-07-2007, 07:52 AM

8,672 posts, read 22,238,640 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by irishmom View Post
As for you husband the one thing I've learned is I can not make him change for me, with me, or inspite of me...that just ain't how it works. You can tell him why he shouldn't eat all the sweets or smoke, but you know what it's still his life and his body and he needs to want to do it for himself. You need to do it for you, and forget about him (not in a bad way just separate your goals from dependance on him).
good advice, Irish, about our spouses. I tend to take responsibility for my dh's weight as well as my own, and you know what... I can't. I can't make someone else do what's best for them. Just like they can't do it for me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-07-2007, 07:55 AM

3,927 posts, read 8,655,425 times
LOL, you guys are so great. Yup Irish, I don't know why I jumped on the wagon on weight, I guess because it is such a sensitive subject with me. Never been this large except while pregnant.

blue, you just know me too well...I am going to take that pill today, I have faith, so what is my hangup?????duh to me...

and kaykay it will be wonderful to be smoke free and to not feel self-conscience when I go to these conferences and have to scout out an area to have a smoke in between classes and come rushing back in smelling of smoke and having people look at me like I have not bathed in years. Ihate that the most. It gives me a feeling of insecurity and that is something I really do hate. That I allow these feelings to even come into play, but society has changed so much towards smokers that I am sure I am not the only one who feels this from their peers.

Old 11-07-2007, 07:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by june 7th View Post
...And what better way to celebrate oneself on their birthday than to make it their "Quit Smoking" date?

(Oh, I cannot believe I actually said that! I am such a hypocrite!)

Happy Birthday Aiangel! You puff away girl if you want to: it's your day!!!
I will never think you a hypocrite! I promise. I know how hard it is to quit, and to get to the point of even saying, I wanna quit and mean it.

thank you ever so much on the birthday wishes....

Old 11-07-2007, 08:01 AM

13,640 posts, read 24,462,343 times
I know, Aiangel , I also was looked at like I was some scumballI was even embarrassed if I pulled to a red light and the person in the car opposite shot dirty looks at me with a lit cigarette poking out my window...So Aiangel, have you popped that pill yet?Remember you can still smoke as usual for week..

Old 11-07-2007, 08:03 AM

I was thinking angel, about your reluctance to take the Chantrix and what Irish said to you about how smoking is so much worse for you than taking a pill for awhile would be.

I totally agree. I was reminded of what my doctor said when I asked him his opinion of the Atkins high protein diet and his take was kinda like this: that there are probably healthier ways to lose weight than that (He is a big fan of weight watchers) but he said that in his opinion, being heavy is so bad for you that if someone could lose weight by the high protein and that worked for them, it would be the better option than remaining heavy.

I don't know if I made my point here, but I just want to reiterate what Irish and Blue have said about this. I just can't believe that taking the Chantrix would be worse for you than continuing to smoke.

Old 11-07-2007, 08:23 AM

2,489 posts, read 7,202,284 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by weatherologist View Post
AGES 3, 4, 5, 7 and 15

I pack their lunches for school. I am a real biggy on 'after school snack' and dessert after dinner. They do not get dessert if they don't eat dinner. I generally always have cookies or muffins (mini cupcakes) available. Dessert would equal two cookies or two mini muffins. As far as healthy foods; they all love cheese sticks (I'm often surprised they even have bm's), yogurt, and applesauce. The 7 YO eats raw carrots. Most enjoy grapes and strawberries. Oh, on the bad side....any sort of candy is good. That is usually not available, but with Halloween... I also usually always have popscicles in the house. I don't think that any of them will have a weight problem, except maybe the 4 YO 'mini me'. She rarely misses a meal!!! But I would like to note: They are all exceptionally good kids (except the 3 YO).
To me as a mom of three it sounds like you are already giving them healthy snacks. To me it sounds like all you have to do is eliminate the cookies and cupcakes and you are all set. For deserts after dinner serve fruit instead of cake or pie or whatever. I have a great fruit salad recipe: its really simple

Cut up apples into chunks (red or green)
Cut up a bannana
Cut up some strawberries or any berries
Grapes
mini marshmellows 1/2cup

Put in bowl add 1 container vanilla yougurt or whatever flavor you like.
Stir it up.
Voila all done. Kids loooove it.

Old 11-07-2007, 08:23 AM

you guys are great... so I am heading to the medicine cabinet and getting out that little pill and telling it that I am much bigger (isn't that the truth) than it is and just take it. quickly.

Old 11-07-2007, 08:25 AM

7,991 posts, read 12,242,800 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aiangel_writer View Post
you guys are great... so I am heading to the medicine cabinet and getting out that little pill and telling it that I am much bigger (isn't that the truth) than it is and just take it. quickly.
You go girl!

Old 11-07-2007, 08:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aiangel_writer View Post
Ok, we're waiting to see if you did it....

Old 11-07-2007, 08:35 AM

2,489 posts, read 7,202,284 times
You can do it aiangel.

Mind over matter.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality