Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-06-2007, 11:05 AM

3,684 posts, read 11,810,408 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by aiangel_writer View Post
my name is aiangel and ahem, (twiddle thumbs) I'm a smoker and I hate the way non-smokers can make me feel...whew, wipes sweat off brow....
Horray you've taken the first step!

Now swallow the pill! Do it! Do it!

http://www.fotosearch.com/comp/GSH/GSH154/GS044006.jpg (broken link)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-06-2007, 11:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by june 7th View Post
I'm already "relapse" potential here! June is going:

June if you aren't using a replacement aid for the nicotine then I think you need to start slowly or you will freak out! Start by not smoking in your house...only smoke outside...you will cut your cigarettes in half easily doing this in a short period. Then we can work on the rest.

Old 11-06-2007, 11:07 AM

3,927 posts, read 8,663,124 times
thats the kicker with me, the exercise. I was an athlete in school, stayed in shape via gym afterwards, and got down to pre-pregnancy weight after the first child and stayed that way till I had my second at age 30. Then, balloon! I work from home, supposedly at a part time job but has turned into a lot more than that, and have dh's business to see to, then i have my research/writing time to add into the day and laundry and housework now that I let my housekeeper go. So, someone tell me, where do I findthe time, I don't even come on here as much, just a brief interlude as I pass the computer. sigh....

Old 11-06-2007, 11:09 AM

13,640 posts, read 24,492,794 times
June, If you smoke in your house, pick up that ashtray and pack of cigs and take them outside to an area on a porch or deck, that is protected from wind, snow and rain..That is Junes smoking area from now on..After you do that sit down and have a smoke and think about asking your Dr. about Chantix.

Old 11-06-2007, 11:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aiangel_writer View Post
thats the kicker with me, the exercise. I was an athlete in school, stayed in shape via gym afterwards, and got down to pre-pregnancy weight after the first child and stayed that way till I had my second at age 30. Then, balloon! I work from home, supposedly at a part time job but has turned into a lot more than that, and have dh's business to see to, then i have my research/writing time to add into the day and laundry and housework now that I let my housekeeper go. So, someone tell me, where do I findthe time, I don't even come on here as much, just a brief interlude as I pass the computer. sigh....
You don't find it you make it! Schedule 30 minutes a day to move...at any time during the day. This is YOU time, and YOU are worth taking care of! If one of your children needed to exercise for physical health you'd make the time to do this with them...so make that same time for yourself, because if no one takes care of you then there will be no one to take care of the rest of them. The big hang up I had was doing it in the morning, I am not a morning person so I thought if I didn't get it done the day was shot....well my sister finally said, IT DOESN'T MATTER, just do it when it's good for you. You can make 30 minutes of time for yourself is you prioritize...just start to journal your time and you will see. Oh and just think of all that free time you will have once you quit smoking...you can exercise instead of smoking maybe.

Old 11-06-2007, 11:18 AM

13,640 posts, read 24,492,794 times
I agree, Aiangel as you slow down the cigs use that time to exercise..Figure it takes 5 minutes to smoke a cig if you smoke 10 a day thats 50 minutes of exercise in 5 minute rounds I always used smoking as my reward after I finished a task. If the phone rang, my excuse to grab it up and head outside to smoke...

Old 11-06-2007, 11:36 AM

8,672 posts, read 22,257,792 times
[quote=irishmom;1926527]Well then start over. I know it's hard...but if you don't you will be back to the beginning. QUOTE]

Yes, I know! That's what keeps us going to the classes. We know we'll probably regain if we stop. (I've done that one before!)

Was WW how you lost weight, irish?

Old 11-06-2007, 11:42 AM

2,136 posts, read 4,786,486 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by irishmom View Post
Well then start over. I know it's hard...but if you don't you will be back to the beginning. Take an inventory of your house and what foods you have in it. Then toss the junk...you know what I'm talking about...get rid of it today!

Start fresh and begin again tomorrow, plan your shopping list and meals out so you know what you will be having and cooking...buy a food scale if you don't have one...and start over! If you are just tired of journaling do the Core program for a while...but still keep an eye on portions because like I said you can go over even with healthy foods. You can do it!
Quote:
You don't find it you make it! Schedule 30 minutes a day to move...at any time during the day. This is YOU time, and YOU are worth taking care of! If one of your children needed to exercise for physical health you'd make the time to do this with them...so make that same time for yourself, because if no one takes care of you then there will be no one to take care of the rest of them. The big hang up I had was doing it in the morning, I am not a morning person so I thought if I didn't get it done the day was shot....well my sister finally said, IT DOESN'T MATTER, just do it when it's good for you. You can make 30 minutes of time for yourself is you prioritize...just start to journal your time and you will see. Oh and just think of all that free time you will have once you quit smoking...you can exercise instead of smoking maybe.
I nominate Irishmom as head coach!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by blue62 View Post
I agree, Aiangel as you slow down the cigs use that time to exercise..Figure it takes 5 minutes to smoke a cig if you smoke 10 a day thats 50 minutes of exercise in 5 minute rounds I always used smoking as my reward after I finished a task. If the phone rang, my excuse to grab it up and head outside to smoke...
Blue, I use the computer as my excuse to eat. It's my "me" time . If I would only exercise instead of spend time on CD, I'd be fit as a fiddle.

I have a new confession. I must proclaim that it is not just candy. It is anything that can go from my hand to my mouth quickly. This is my stress releiver!!! And I live in a town called "Stress, USA". I decided after I joined the quitters today that I would not have any candy, so for the last 15 minutes I have been gorging myself with CheeseIts. It brings me so much joy!!! Now (IMHO) I can't just get rid of all the junk in my house. I am the mother of 5!!!! My kids are not junkies and I don't think they should suffer for my sins. HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 11-06-2007, 11:47 AM

[quote=kaykay;1926957]
Quote:
Well then start over. I know it's hard...but if you don't you will be back to the beginning. QUOTE]

Yes, I know! That's what keeps us going to the classes. We know we'll probably regain if we stop. (I've done that one before!)

Was WW how you lost weight, irish?
I've done WW 4 times...the first two times I got pregnant ....and the third I was so happy to lose 20 lbs and NOT be pregnant that I thought nothing could stop me...LOL I lost 63lbs in 7 months. Then like you I stalled, just got tired of all the rules...and slipped and gained back 50lbs! Then I tried South Beach and lost some weight but stalled again...but learned a valuable lesson from it...HOW TO CONTROL MY APPETITE!!! This was big, really big for me because I was always hungry before even right after eating...so I was always uncomfortable when trying to reduce and you can only get so far on will power. So I went back to WW (because I do need portion control) but ate South Beach phase II foods...what a miracle for me. Then when I added the exercise it started to come off big time. But again I stalled out at 70 lbs...in my mind I needed to lose 100, even though my doctors said 75...I had this number in my head of what I was supposed to be. So I got discouraged that I couldn't get off the final pounds and again lost focus and slipped...gained back 60 lbs! Took me another year to gear up again and do it again with the thought that whatever comes off is fine as long as I feel good and am comfortable...so I'm down again 43 of those 60...(almost 70 from after my post pregnancy all time high) and I've managed to stay here. I don't know maybe I will lose a little more now that I've had my thryroid diagnosed but we'll see...either way I'm at least staying here.

Old 11-06-2007, 11:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by weatherologist View Post
I nominate Irishmom as head coach!!!!

Blue, I use the computer as my excuse to eat. It's my "me" time . If I would only exercise instead of spend time on CD, I'd be fit as a fiddle.

I have a new confession. I must proclaim that it is not just candy. It is anything that can go from my hand to my mouth quickly. This is my stress releiver!!! And I live in a town called "Stress, USA". I decided after I joined the quitters today that I would not have any candy, so for the last 15 minutes I have been gorging myself with CheeseIts. It brings me so much joy!!! Now (IMHO) I can't just get rid of all the junk in my house. I am the mother of 5!!!! My kids are not junkies and I don't think they should suffer for my sins. HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Awwe thanks but I'd prefer to be one of the cheering section along with Blue and the others if you don't mind.

Your kids don't need the junk either....and they will be happy to have a healthy mommy...so toss it. Load up on fruits, cheese sticks, popped corn, crackers and raw veggies with fun dips....cut them up and portion them out for quick serving. This doesn't take that long to prepare and will help the kids to be able to pick their snacks and you to control yours. Make junk (cookies, cakes, candies, chips) a special treat for once a week or only when out of the house for the kids...believe me after a few days of "We have nothing to eat" they will get used to it and adjust. They won't be suffering they will also be better off for it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality