Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-28-2013, 03:51 PM

1,226 posts, read 1,448,641 times

Advertisements

Even if there was a "creator" - why worship him?

Because He is WORTH it. Capiche?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizio View Post
The difference between a creator and tyrants on earth is that God is loving. He is worthy of being worshiped.
Indeed
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-28-2013, 04:14 PM

19,942 posts, read 17,180,832 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amaznjohn View Post
Of course, unless you don't behave, then you're punished forever. Yep, some loving god.
Would you consider a God that you can offend without consequence to be just?

Old 06-28-2013, 04:16 PM

21,020 posts, read 19,363,451 times
Omg, this question is right up my alley...and yet I wouldn't know where to start !
So, I will not talk about how I ADORE my Father God...I will not talk about the
Divine Romance that this Creation IS.... instead, I will say...

I heartily wish for everyone "He" reveals Himself to you one day,
(And I am there to see the awe and amazement and love on your face...)

Old 06-28-2013, 04:25 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,168,052 times
Quote:
I would consider any god capable of taking offense to be offering proof of his lack of divinity. He would be indicating an immaturity and pettiness the very equal of the humans who invented him.

Old 06-28-2013, 04:32 PM

3,052 posts, read 2,923,155 times
What a lovely question, and I hope believers will take the time to ask themselves why they worship God. For me it is because nothing is more satisfactory, more fulfilling to me, than to worship and to love and honor Him. We all have a void within ourselves; I tried to fill it with worship of God before but was not called yet. I felt some sort of vague feeling, but there was nothing there beyond that. So I went away from God for a while, lived outside His laws and had just about nothing to do with Him. I wanted the world and tried to find satisfaction and fulfillment from it. Eventually, I found that there was nothing there but emptiness.

God definitely does not need us to worship Him. But for some of us, the world is an unbearable place without it. That's what it is for me.

Old 06-28-2013, 04:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
I would consider any god capable of taking offense to be offering proof of his lack of divinity. He would be indicating an immaturity and pettiness the very equal of the humans who invented him.
Why?

Old 06-28-2013, 04:40 PM

17,573 posts, read 46,126,539 times
Quote:
I would think he was a pretty poor example of a god if lowly humans could actually offend him. Even more so if you believe he actually created you to begin with. Maybe he just gets mad because of the crappy product he produced.

Old 06-28-2013, 04:41 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,168,052 times
Quote:
Why?
Read my response again. It's self-explanatory.

If that doesn't work - try one more time.

If you're still drawing a blank, I'm afraid I can't help you.

Old 06-28-2013, 04:50 PM

9,688 posts, read 10,008,103 times
In the bible from Revelations 13...says ...``.In this prophecy was seen a beast rise up out of the sea , having seven head, and ten horns , and on his horns ten crowns and his head the name of blasphemy ...and the beast which I saw was like a leopard, and his feet were as feet of a bear and a mouth of a lion , and the dragon gave him his power , and his seat, and great authority ............The world worshiped the dragon which gave power to the beast , and they worshiped the beast , and they worshiped the beast , saying ..Who is like the beast?................who is able to make war with him ?............And there was given to him a mouth speaking great things and blasphemes and power was given to him ...And he opened his mouth in blasphemy against God , to blaspheme his name , and his tabernacle , and them that are in heaven ``.....................See the ten heads of the beast represent the rejection of Worship to the Lord God , and put substitute of deadly sin that blaspheme God , the ten horns represent the rejection of the ten commandments , and the crowns represent victory for the beast of his manipulation to blaspheme God .......So who is not like the beast, and who is able to make war with the evil spiritual beast of liberalism authority ....., So Christians Worship the living God because they know He lives and He is their King and Lord and Saviour .......

Old 06-28-2013, 04:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
Read my response again. It's self-explanatory.

If that doesn't work - try one more time.

If you're still drawing a blank, I'm afraid I can't help you.
It really didn't explain. Why must you compare God to humans? Why would you think he'd have emotions like us?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality