Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-21-2010, 06:23 AM

2,332 posts, read 2,837,922 times

Advertisements

But the devil sure can exist self-consciously even. Was that again something to remember from the Gulf of Mexico? This is even relative, and we are understanding that God was never oneself but something always you think He is.

And I forget the appropriate smiley Here. Now, I can find the true situation of ethics to be a professional Marxist

Last edited by tgnostic; 06-21-2010 at 06:29 AM.. Reason: I wish I knew how to put a smiley in.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-21-2010, 10:28 AM

88 posts, read 75,484 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cg81 View Post
GCS, you were already "certain" before you went... and I'm sure that many of the victim's families take comfort in their certainty of God's existence.
taking comfort isn't evidence either. Where's the beef?

Old 06-21-2010, 10:36 AM

God (maybe Bush also) knows, cronies are marxist a lot.

Old 06-21-2010, 01:48 PM

69 posts, read 112,851 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GCSTroop View Post
I finally made it up to NYC this past weekend. My wife and I went to the World Trade Centers. My first thought upon seeing Ground Zero was subtle amazement.

My first thought walking into the memorial building brought it into perspective for me. On one wall are photocopies of the actual missing posters of many of the people.

On another wall, behind a glass case, are pictures of the people that died. Well, about half of them. It was then that I realized, looking into all those bright shining faces who had so much taken away from them that God must certainly not exist.

I can understand perhaps the difference in good and evil in a childish concept of mischief vs. good. But, is it so necessary to take away almost 3000 people in one fell swoop? Is it entirely necessary to allow things like that to occur? Was it necessary for each one of those families to experience the tragedies that they did? All for what? What was God's purpose for that?

Was it to get people closer to him? Was it to allow people to see him better? To ask him questions? To allow people to commit atrocities like that in HIS name? No, I say. No!

There is no such thing as God. Something like that was not necessary. Sometimes you don't realize the true tragedy until you can experience it in some small way. If there is a God, than I want no part of him for he is as wicked as the men who flew those airplanes into the building for allowing it to happen.
May God 's peace and blessings be upon you dear brother
First of all I want you to accept my love for God's sake
Then , listen to my words not with your ears but heart
You can't deny the existence of the All-mighty God
I will tell you why
Who has created you , all people and all the universe
have all these been created from nothing
or have they created themselves
If you deny the existence of God because you don't see him you should also deny the existence of your soul and brain
And if God allows bad thing sometimes to happen , this doesn't mean that he doesn't exist
I will ask the question in other words
why these people have incured the displeasure of the most passionat and merciful God...surely they have gone beyond tne limits to deserve what happened to them
In our daily life parents sometimes hit their children not because they hate them ..by contrast it is because the whish them all the best
And be sure that God does all that he wants in his universe and this means that he has the absolute power and no one can stop him
In Coran it is stated that he tests his servants in two main ways
1whether by blessins and grants to see if they would be thankful
2or by punishment to see if they would be patient
And in both cases God is identifying himself to his servants so as they know and recognise his mercy and generosity , or power and authority.
At last I advise you to look for the right way which would lead you to paradise
Islam is the solution believe me
Yes to be happy and to succeed in both this and the hereafter world
I challenge you to be wise and couragous enough to reach the truth
And you will find it in Coran
I promise to pray for you my dear brother
And I am sure that you will find the light which God sent to you through my words and bear in mind that if He didn't want you to repent he wouldn't have sent you some one to remind you
Sorry if I have said something which doesn't please you
May Allah bless you
Take good care of yourself
Your sister Sabah

Old 06-21-2010, 05:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
The fear is yours alone Tom. Your god's empty threats cause no fear in those of us that live in the real world, where hell is just a myth....You christians are always babbling about salvation....Salvation from what?

I really believe you are corresponding from Canada so I'll answer this...

The minding about God, is something to have salvation from. Take Anaxagoras. Man I worry about what Kevin Cosner was trying to pull over the missing actions report of the Oil Spillage clean up. Some of these inventors... huh? Their minds are made up, but it seems like God gives them nothing dutiful or the belief in the big vs. the small.

Old 06-21-2010, 09:54 PM

1 posts, read 923 times
The events of 9/11 pave way a great example for why there is a God.

I think that most people of this world, especially Americans, can agree that the events of 9/11 were wrong, evil, etc.

If I am correct here, would it also be safe to say that the acts of those individuals resposible for the events would, if still alive, be rightly and morally (not only legally) deserving of punishment in response to their crime?

What I am getting at here is this: One can say that the events of 9/11 made them feel angry, or sad. But what does it take for one to be able to justly say that the actions of the responsible individuals were morally wrong?

It takes someone believing that morals can exist. That nature was created by a supreme being, a perfect and begotten God who could establish right and wrong. A God who created everything in our physical world. A God who, in doing so, created humans, whom he loved, and still loves. Humans who disobeyed, and continue to disobey him, and brought sin into the world. Sin, which allows atrocities of all sorts to occur, in this now lost and broken world we live in.

Without this belief, a person can say many things about 9/11. But they cannot say that-on a planet with people descended from primates, fish, single-celled organisms, and ultimately stargas-morally wrong events can occur. Afterall, what is life if there is no God? What is death? Of course it is a horrible tragedy that so many families lost loved ones. But if there is no God...what were they living for anyway? What are we living for? Waiting for our inevitable deaths to bring our eternal demises? Was 9/11 just one group of clumps of stargas attempting to harm others? Or was it a moral tragedy, where beings with heart, and soul, and emotion, and the ability to chose between a right and a wrong, died a physical death?

Old 06-22-2010, 05:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sooner_Nation_60 View Post
Islamic terrorists are the reason 9/11 happened, not God. And the anger and sadness you felt while standing at the place that once held the greatest towers in the world is the same kind of emotion you should hold towards those that were behind this tragedy. Our President is trying to make sure we never have to experience this type of terror again yet so many don't support his efforts. That is sad...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sooner_Nation_60 View Post

May Allah 's peace and blessings be upon all of you sisters and brothers
I address my words to those among you who are ready to find out the truth
First of all do you know that the meaning of Islam and Slam in Arabic is Peace which means that Islam is the religion of global peace and unity.
We all agree that if the adherents of a particular religion don't represent that religion in all cases
I know they are supposed to but if they misbehave this doesn't mean that it is that religion which teaches them to behave so
If some Muslims , and I refuse to call them Muslims because they don't understand what true Islam is , commit crimes in the name of the divine they are the only ones to blame and Islam is innocent
Our prophet peace be upon him despised bloodshed and so did an do and will do all true Muslims all over the world
Let's suppose that some Christians commit some acts of terror in the name of Jesus Christ peace be upon him and Cristianity
would this give us right to say that Jeuse is a terrorist and Cristianity teaches terrorism and all Christians are evil
of course no because we all know that the bible as well as Coran and all holy books teaches people to love each other
If you say yes I would unfortunately say that you are not objective and your observations and thus conclusions are shallow

It is stated in Coran " oh people we have created you from a man and a woman and we made you tribes and nations , the favoured by Allah among you are the most pious and generous"
Prophet Muhammad peace be upon him said " you don't believe ' in God , untill you which like for others what you whish for yourself"

At last be sure that Allah wants all of you to return to him because he sent you someone to remind you so please respond to the call of God

Look for the truth in Coran and you will find the right path to success in both this world and the hereafterworld.

Your sister Sabah who loves you so much for Allah 's sake.

Old 06-22-2010, 07:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark S. View Post
Bad things happening neither proves nor disproves the existence of God. A bit crude, but Stephen King's argument makes a good point:
May Allah 's peace and blessings be upon you dear brother
I wanted only to tell you that your comment is true and you are right
We , Muslims , believe in fate and destiny includind bad and good things
The whole world is God 's creation ..
He is the king and he is free to do whatever he wants in his kingdom
By contrast , the fact that no one can prevent the will of God to take place is the greatest proof that he does exist and he is the supreme who has absolute power over evryone and everything.
Bless you dear brother
Please do accept my respect and love for God's sake because in Islam love is an act of worship
Bear in mind that somewhere in the world your sister in the faith is praying for you
Sabah who whishes for you all the best.

Old 06-22-2010, 07:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mooseketeer View Post
Welcome to the club ! Believe me you are not the only one. We might not be as vocal as believers but Atheism is pretty big.

May God 's peace and blessings be upon you dear friend
I wanted just to ask you one queastion : are you happy? are you at ease ? are you ready for the day of judjment ?

Don't answer now , take your time to think

As far as I am concerned I am the happiest person on earth
Do you know why ?
Because I have the most merciful God
I have understood my mission on earth
I know how to reach my destination " paradise"
I have a prophet whose footsteps I am following so as to succeed in tis world and in the hereafterworld

Do accept my love for God 's sake

bless you

Old 06-23-2010, 11:16 AM

Cool I will; I will.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Islam-light View Post
May God 's peace and blessings be upon you dear friend
I wanted just to ask you one queastion : are you happy? are you at ease ? are you ready for the day of judjment ?

Don't answer now , take your time to think

As far as I am concerned I am the happiest person on earth
Do you know why ?
Because I have the most merciful God
I have understood my mission on earth
I know how to reach my destination " paradise"
I have a prophet whose footsteps I am following so as to succeed in tis world and in the hereafterworld

Do accept my love for God 's sake

bless you

But, I must know with a certain mental twist of fate, are you white or black? My heart is not there; my heart with the one heart of the four physical elements.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality