U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 07-29-2013, 05:02 AM
 
5,462 posts, read 5,936,087 times
Reputation: 1804

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
Our "fruits" will do harm in willfulness or ignorance or obliviousness.
Yes. pretending faith provides knowledge can be a case of willful ignorance. But the question wasn't what harm faith does, it's what harm does not having faith cause.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 07-29-2013, 08:13 AM
 
Location: East Coast of the United States
17,221 posts, read 19,525,937 times
Reputation: 12962
Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
" Do you think it is okay to believe in God even if you can find no evidence for the existence of God?"

Yes, I think it's okay. If it helps you through the night.

It would be a bonus, if such a belief also led you to be kind and considerate of your fellow man and you demonstrated such with a good deed semi-regularly.

And if it should turn out that the god you envisioned doesn't exist -- so what? A clear conscience is a wonderful gift and living a decent life is its own reward.
Thanks for your reply. I figure that many others out there have a similar point of view.

What we know about scientific discoveries today must cause very many people to have doubts about what they believe, is my opinion.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-30-2013, 11:10 PM
 
2 posts, read 1,354 times
Reputation: 10
If you question if we should believe in God even thou there's no evidence ? Then do you think there is a Devil? for every good there is Bad , white there is black, night there is day, moon there is sun, light there is dark, angels there is demons, love there is hate , woman there is man, girl there is boy, son there is daughter, Satan there is a God". Why do you question it, when God is as Real as you and I are. They've found the lost Ark, scrolls, tombs of the kings that rule , that God chose to be kings, and many artifacts that proves it. The Bible speaks the truth read it . Then again you don't have the spirit to open up your heart and mind to see what us Christian are lead to see with the Spirit of God'. For only his chosen one shall understand his word and the meek and humble in heart shall inherit the Earth. Jesus came for the poor and humble.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-30-2013, 11:32 PM
Status: "Smacking fundies." (set 16 minutes ago)
 
Location: Ontario, Canada
25,757 posts, read 13,399,507 times
Reputation: 11666
Quote:
Originally Posted by MsCarral View Post
If you question if we should believe in God even thou there's no evidence ? Then do you think there is a Devil? for every good there is Bad , white there is black, night there is day, moon there is sun, light there is dark, angels there is demons, love there is hate , woman there is man, girl there is boy, son there is daughter, Satan there is a God". Why do you question it, when God is as Real as you and I are. They've found the lost Ark, scrolls, tombs of the kings that rule , that God chose to be kings, and many artifacts that proves it. The Bible speaks the truth read it . Then again you don't have the spirit to open up your heart and mind to see what us Christian are lead to see with the Spirit of God'. For only his chosen one shall understand his word and the meek and humble in heart shall inherit the Earth. Jesus came for the poor and humble.
I disagree with pretty much everything you believe in.

But I understand it's important for you to believe it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-31-2013, 01:06 AM
 
Location: California
884 posts, read 608,559 times
Reputation: 293
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
???????
LOL I was thinking the same thing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-31-2013, 10:57 AM
 
7,378 posts, read 6,729,041 times
Reputation: 1252
Quote:
Originally Posted by MsCarral View Post
If you question if we should believe in God even thou there's no evidence ? Then do you think there is a Devil? for every good there is Bad , white there is black, night there is day, moon there is sun, light there is dark, angels there is demons, love there is hate , woman there is man, girl there is boy, son there is daughter, Satan there is a God". Why do you question it, when God is as Real as you and I are. They've found the lost Ark, scrolls, tombs of the kings that rule , that God chose to be kings, and many artifacts that proves it. The Bible speaks the truth read it . Then again you don't have the spirit to open up your heart and mind to see what us Christian are lead to see with the Spirit of God'. For only his chosen one shall understand his word and the meek and humble in heart shall inherit the Earth. Jesus came for the poor and humble.
How old do you think the Earth is?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-01-2013, 12:29 AM
 
Location: California
884 posts, read 608,559 times
Reputation: 293
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amaznjohn View Post
How old do you think the Earth is?
Mscarral, before you answer this question please make sure you have your facts to back your answers.

If you don't know the answer then please just say so. I see you are new here, and perhaps just a youngster or from another country (I hope) with a passion for God. There are sharks here just waiting to rip you to pieces. And if you would like to answer the questions great. But please use facts only and verifiable documentation. Oh, and wikipedia doesn't count. I ask you this for yourself and other Christians who want to be taken seriously. Ok, good luck on the quiz!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-01-2013, 04:52 AM
 
7,378 posts, read 6,729,041 times
Reputation: 1252
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iluvmycountry View Post
Mscarral, before you answer this question please make sure you have your facts to back your answers.

If you don't know the answer then please just say so. I see you are new here, and perhaps just a youngster or from another country (I hope) with a passion for God. There are sharks here just waiting to rip you to pieces. And if you would like to answer the questions great. But please use facts only and verifiable documentation. Oh, and wikipedia doesn't count. I ask you this for yourself and other Christians who want to be taken seriously. Ok, good luck on the quiz!!
I'm not holding my breath.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-01-2013, 08:43 AM
 
Location: California
884 posts, read 608,559 times
Reputation: 293
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amaznjohn View Post
I'm not holding my breath.
Reading his previous post I think that is a good idea, cuz I don't know the wait times in your local ER.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-01-2013, 02:12 PM
 
293 posts, read 212,649 times
Reputation: 181
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amaznjohn View Post
How old do you think the Earth is?



Probably best for "MsCarral" to stay away from the computer for a while...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top