Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-11-2007, 04:57 PM

13,640 posts, read 24,495,114 times

Advertisements

Everything I need to know about life, I learned from NoahsArk
One : Don't miss the boat.
Two : Remember that we are all in the same boat.
Three: Plan ahead. It wasn't raining when Noah built the Ark.
Four : Stay fit When you're 600 years old, someone may ask you to do something really b ig.
Five : Don't listen to critics; just get on with the job that needs to be done.
Six
: Build your future on high ground.
Seven : For safety's sake, travel in pairs.
Eight : Speed isn't always an advantage. The snails were on board with the cheetahs.
Nine : When you're stressed, float a while.
Ten : Remember, the Ark was built by amateurs; the Titanic by professionals.
Eleven : No matter the storm, when you are with God, there's always a rainbow waiting...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-11-2007, 05:39 PM

79 posts, read 195,427 times
And..

Twelve
: Don't spend the best years of your life trying to find enough wood to build a 600 foot long, pointless ship just because the voices in your head tell you to

My man Chris Smithers sums up Noah's Ark, Creationism & Intelligent Design quite nicely:

YouTube - Origin of Species

Old 11-11-2007, 06:43 PM

7,915 posts, read 18,614,873 times
Mams wrote:
Quote:
The Word of God says Noah's flood was global... so it was global.
Really? Does the Bible state that the world was round and that the entire globe was covered in water? As I recall people who even suggested a round earth many centuries after the Bible was written were laughed at or even persecuted. You used the word global which suggests something round. Would you care to back that up?
Sorry Mams, I couldn't resist.

Old 11-11-2007, 07:28 PM
Status: "Apparently the worst poster on CD" (set 18 days ago)

27,622 posts, read 16,104,993 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MontanaGuy View Post
Mams wrote:

Really? Does the Bible state that the world was round and that the entire globe was covered in water? As I recall people who even suggested a round earth many centuries after the Bible was written were laughed at or even persecuted. You used the word global which suggests something round. Would you care to back that up?
Sorry Mams, I couldn't resist.
It is God who sits above the circle of the Earth, (Isaiah 40:22)

Old 11-11-2007, 07:36 PM

613 posts, read 1,269,910 times
people realized the earth was round when sail boats seemingly fell off the earth(went passed the horizon) and came back....the whole idea that people were persecuted and laughed at up untill say..the time of columbus...is rediculous

Last edited by allah truth; 11-11-2007 at 07:45 PM..

Old 11-11-2007, 07:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by saltine View Post
It is God who sits above the circle of the Earth, (Isaiah 40:22)
Too bad Isaiah didn't say sphere. A circle is flat

Old 11-11-2007, 07:59 PM

613 posts, read 1,269,910 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inigo_Montoya View Post
Too bad Isaiah didn't say sphere. A circle is flat
but still round lol

Old 11-11-2007, 08:11 PM

57 posts, read 133,435 times
Here are a few good books on the feasibility of Noah's Ark.

The Genesis Flood by Doctors Morris & Whitcomb
Noah's Ark: A Feasibility Study by John Woodmorappe

Now, here are a few thoughts.

In Gen.6:14, God tells Noah to "pitch" the ark inside and out. Something occurred to me that I hadn't thought of before.

What will happen to the Ark once it is found?

Pitch is used to water proof the boat. Wooden boats are pitched on the outside to prevent water from saturating the wood...pretty good idea.

Since God said to pitch the inside as well, it seems that either; (1) God didn't know what He was doing, or (2) there was a reason to pitch the inside. I choose (2).

Pitching the inside would preserve the wood and facilitate discovery of the ark at a much later date.

So, What happens to the Ark, then?

Some would want to chop it up into splinter size pieces for mounting on keychains, rosaries, and whatever else. Others would discuss at length a safe haven for the ark.

I don't think that either one of those things will happen.

My guess is that the ark's discovery will happen only after the church has been raptured. We won't have any say in the matter.

So what will happen to the ark?

Since the pitch kept the wood dry enough to prevent fossilization, it will still be wood and flammable. I believe whoever has it in their power will burn the ark into ashes. I also believe that those who burn it will be deceived into thinking that it is a fake.

As a symbol (actually, an example) of God providing protection from judgment, the destruction of the ark will be one of the world's final rejections of His mercy.

So, what do you think?

Disclaimer: This is pure speculation and my opinion of what may (or may not) happen; No claim of divine inspiration or prophecy.

Last edited by malcolan; 11-11-2007 at 08:23 PM..

Old 11-11-2007, 08:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by allah truth View Post
but still round lol
But flat

Old 11-11-2007, 08:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by malcolan View Post
Here are a few good books on the feasibility of
What will happen to the Ark once it is found?
That's akin to asking what will happen to the Argo when it's found..

The ark will never be found because it never existed. And even if it did, it rotted away a long time ago.

(And I must wonder where Noah found enough pitch to cover a ship hundreds of feet long and three or four stories tall - AFTER he scrounged up enough quality wood in the Middle East to build it)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality