Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-11-2007, 01:26 AM

116 posts, read 282,361 times

Advertisements

There are approximately 1.2 million species of insects that have been identified and named?

My question for debate is:

How did this Noah manage to collect two of each species of insect from all parts of the globe (without transportation), put them aboard the ark, meet their habitat and food requirements, then return them to their proper habitats after a year.

Many of these insects are microscopic. How did people with no knowledge of microscopes or microscopic organisms manage to collect, load, feed and care for the millions of species of these insects?

How did they distinguish between males and females of animals too small to be seen without a microscope?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-11-2007, 03:30 AM

30,286 posts, read 51,777,939 times
Interesting question! Not to mention, there are many species (birds & fish, for example) that don't have external organs or gender differences... I used to have a parrot, and had to test her DNA to find out she was a she - doubt they had those technologies back in Noah's time. Anyway, I'm anxious to see how this is answered, by somebody who doesn't believe in evolution and such (as I do).

On an ironic side-note, I just rented the movie "Evan Almighty" - LOL.

Old 11-11-2007, 04:25 AM

4,664 posts, read 8,224,304 times
There was no ark, and no great flood. Its a nice story but thats all.

Old 11-11-2007, 04:29 AM

149 posts, read 385,652 times
It never happened. It is impossible to be able to fit every species onto a boat (especially the ones built during the time the bible was written). Hell, it would be impossible now - the boat would be so massive, it wouldn't be able to float.

Old 11-11-2007, 05:07 AM

116 posts, read 282,361 times
Sorry! I should have said:

How did this Noah allegedly manage........

Old 11-11-2007, 07:44 AM

7,915 posts, read 18,585,183 times
If you ever could get this collection of animals in one spot it's also worth noting that their first instinct would be to rip each other to pieces.

Old 11-11-2007, 07:48 AM

6,712 posts, read 13,431,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MontanaGuy View Post
If you ever could get this collection of animals in one spot it's also worth noting that their first instinct would be to rip each other to pieces.
Ah, but MG, you are forgetting the fundamental scientific principle that must be used in order to believe this.... Magic!

Old 11-11-2007, 08:05 AM

7,099 posts, read 27,119,671 times
Not to mention a great sense of fantasy and humor.

Dark Roasted Blend: Glamorous Insects!

take a look and imagine finding two of each for the ark.

Old 11-11-2007, 08:37 AM

7,507 posts, read 17,129,850 times
I agree with Troop, it's a fruitless argument for most people already set with their convictions. For me, it's utterly ridiculous. For most of my fundamentalist family, it's the miracle of God.

Old 11-11-2007, 09:10 AM

2,800 posts, read 9,989,943 times
I usually try to stay away from these kinds of debates, but I guess since most of the other believers are in church by now, I'll have to chime in here on our behalf.

Genesis 6
20 Two of every kind of bird, of every kind of animal and of every kind of creature that moves along the ground will come to you to be kept alive. 21 You are to take every kind of food that is to be eaten and store it away as food for you and for them."

I know you've heard it said before and is a bit "cliche", however, through God, anything is possible.
It's impossible to know how many creatures there were in that day. But it doesn't say that Noah had to gather them all, God said "they will come to you". Therefore, God was in charge of the creatures getting onto the boat, not necessarily Noah.

That being said, this is also where I tend to follow the path of evolution. While I in NO WAY believe that any specie can evolve from a different specie, I do believe that, over time (from the time of creation until now), it is possible that many of species we have now have evolved and reproduced into what we have today. It is not said ANYWHERE in the Bible exactly what creatures existed at that time.

It's obvious...There are ALWAYS going to be questions that cannot be answered scientifically. Even with as much scientific proof and evidence as there is today, there is still plenty that even the scientific community cannot prove or disprove...Some things will always be a mystery, not all questions are meant to be answered.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality