U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-11-2007, 08:29 PM

613 posts, read 1,175,945 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inigo_Montoya View Post
But flat
but round..and a 2d representation of a sphere..therefor making a sphere circular..and i honestly doubt that they assumed the world was flat in the time of the bible...or maybe even ever...maybe if every vessel that ever went out to sea past the horizon had never came back and sank people would assume this...though they sailed close to shore back in say the days of columbus i don't think they did so they wouldn't fall off the face of the earth...but that they would risk the possibility of getting confused ..and lost...and..effectivly ...fallling off the face of the earth..\

Last edited by allah truth; 11-11-2007 at 09:19 PM..
Quick reply to this message

Old 11-11-2007, 09:22 PM

1,932 posts, read 4,346,818 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheguevara View Post
Sure! Like anyone other than theists who want the story to be true would go to bible apologist sites for information. Do you have any links to unbiased, non-religious sites to support your claims?
Do you? Any sites you quote are biased in favor of evolutionary thinking. Noah's Ark is a biblical event, so why is it wrong to use a biblical apologetic site to defend a biblical event? And again, the questions you raised are answered in those links I provided.

Old 11-11-2007, 09:29 PM

79 posts, read 180,741 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by allah truth View Post
but round..and a 2d representation of a sphere..therefor making a sphere circular..and i honestly doubt that they assumed the world was flat in the time of the bible...or maybe even ever...maybe if every vessel that ever went out to sea past the horizon had never came back and sank people would assume this...though they sailed close to shore back in say the days of columbus i don't think they did so they wouldn't fall off the face of the earth...but that they would risk the possibility of getting confused ..and lost...and..effectivly ...fallling off the face of the earth..\
The point is, the bible doesn't say the earth is a sphere.

It doesn't matter anyway, as everyone knows the world is banana shaped.

Old 11-11-2007, 10:57 PM

613 posts, read 1,175,945 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inigo_Montoya View Post
The point is, the bible doesn't say the earth is a sphere.

It doesn't matter anyway, as everyone knows the world is banana shaped.
does it say its flat...and would it need to say the earth is round if it was widely know to be round..if you wrote the bible say today...would you make sure to include the shape of the earth..if the bible explained everything...everything....do you think that anyone would be able to read it in one life time...

Old 11-11-2007, 11:28 PM

79 posts, read 180,741 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mams1559 View Post
Do you? Any sites you quote are biased in favor of evolutionary thinking.
That's probably because they use real scientific data, facts and empirical evidence to support their "bias". That is not the case with creation "science".

Quote:
Noah's Ark is a biblical event, so why is it wrong to use a biblical apologetic site to defend a biblical event?
It's not.. at least no more than it is to use "The Encyclopedia of Arda" to defend Gandalf's actions in The Lord of The Rings.

Of course people who put that much effort into defending fictional characters are usually considered a bit nutty

Quote:
And again, the questions you raised are answered in those links I provided.
I don't see any answers on those links. Just distortion and wishful thinking.

Old 11-12-2007, 12:03 AM

4,708 posts, read 7,732,686 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by allah truth View Post
people realized the earth was round when sail boats seemingly fell off the earth(went passed the horizon) and came back....the whole idea that people were persecuted and laughed at up untill say..the time of columbus...is rediculous

Many of the Greek intellectuals knew that the Earth is a sphere; they had performed geometrical experiments. Columbus also knew the Earth is a sphere. He just miscalculated its circu****ence. There is no evidence that any author of any book of the Bible knew the Earth is a sphere. The 'circle' mentioned is the idea of a disk, not a sphere; they believed the Earth was a disk that is held up by 'waters of the fundament' or by some other means.

Old 11-12-2007, 12:31 AM

6,715 posts, read 12,303,357 times
I still never learned how kangaroos and koala bears made it to the Australian continent after the flood.....

Old 11-12-2007, 12:44 AM

2,800 posts, read 9,298,331 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GCSTroop View Post
I still never learned how kangaroos and koala bears made it to the Australian continent after the flood.....
On another ark, of course.

Old 11-12-2007, 01:08 AM

149 posts, read 324,595 times
I can't believe people actually believe these stories! I mean, come on.

So I guess all of the genetic mutations which gave rise to different sub-species (variations within species) all arised after the flood? Or did Moses actually collect each individual sub-species?

Old 11-12-2007, 01:17 AM

116 posts, read 260,560 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malcolan View Post
Here are a few good books on the feasibility of Noah's Ark.

The Genesis Flood by Doctors Morris & Whitcomb
Noah's Ark: A Feasibility Study by John Woodmorappe
How is John Woodmorappe coming on with his claim than Noah trained all the animals to crap into buckets to save the mess?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality