U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-12-2007, 01:21 AM

116 posts, read 260,560 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inigo_Montoya View Post
(And I must wonder where Noah found enough pitch to cover a ship hundreds of feet long and three or four stories tall - AFTER he scrounged up enough quality wood in the Middle East to build it)
Not a part of the world that is well known for it's abundant forests is it?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-12-2007, 01:40 AM

6,715 posts, read 12,303,357 times
You know,

I oughta take up writing this 6000 year creation stuff. Apparently you don't need any scientific evidence to back it up. I can just make stuff up all day long, write books, and ask for donations, and make tons of money. And don't forget, that when the going gets tough I can always fall back on "God Did It". Would that be unethical of me to do?

Old 11-12-2007, 02:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GCSTroop View Post
You know,

I oughta take up writing this 6000 year creation stuff. Apparently you don't need any scientific evidence to back it up. I can just make stuff up all day long, write books, and ask for donations, and make tons of money. And don't forget, that when the going gets tough I can always fall back on "God Did It". Would that be unethical of me to do?
Capital idea GCS! Might I suggest we team up to start a new religion. Could I be in charge of "educating" the virgin daughters of our followers?

Old 11-12-2007, 02:15 AM

6,715 posts, read 12,303,357 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheguevara View Post
Capital idea GCS! Might I suggest we team up to start a new religion. Could I be in charge of "educating" the virgin daughters of our followers?
Only if they're over 18!

Old 11-12-2007, 02:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GCSTroop View Post
Only if they're over 18!
Then we'll base our headquarters here where the age of consent is 16.

Old 11-12-2007, 04:38 AM

29,038 posts, read 45,173,161 times
Can we get back on topic, please??

Old 11-12-2007, 06:56 AM

OK!

Still waiting for a someone to explain how Noah and family could cut, transport, hue, place, align, secure the vast amount of “gopher wood” required to build a ship as long as one and a half football fields and as high as a five story building -- using only muscle power, and without any ship building tools and presumably, any knowledge of wood ship building.

Old 11-12-2007, 07:03 AM

24 posts, read 68,477 times
Quote:
There are approximately 1.2 million species of insects that have been identified and named?

My question for debate is:

How did this Noah manage to collect two of each species of insect from all parts of the globe (without transportation), put them aboard the ark, meet their habitat and food requirements, then return them to their proper habitats after a year.

Many of these insects are microscopic. How did people with no knowledge of microscopes or microscopic organisms manage to collect, load, feed and care for the millions of species of these insects?

How did they distinguish between males and females of animals too small to be seen without a microscope?
I dont think it would be too hard with God guiding them in, I mean the creator of the universe cant get bugs on an ark? Come on

Old 11-12-2007, 07:04 AM

24 posts, read 68,477 times
Quote:
OK!

Still waiting for a someone to explain how Noah and family could cut, transport, hue, place, align, secure the vast amount of “gopher wood” required to build a ship as long as one and a half football fields and as high as a five story building -- using only muscle power, and without any ship building tools and presumably, any knowledge of wood ship building.
easy, God helped them

Old 11-12-2007, 08:39 AM

79 posts, read 180,741 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by adrenaline2 View Post
easy, God helped them
Ahh so we're back to goddidit!!

So where in the bible does it say that god helped? I think it implicitly says that god told Noah to do the job himself. I thought the building of the ark was supposed to be a test of faith for Noah?

If god helpled, then they really didn't need to build an ark at all did they?. god could have just magically removed all those evil people from the world rather than causing all that water to magically appear and making a big mess of everything.

It amazes me how far some Christians will go to defend the irrational.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality