Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-29-2013, 11:10 AM

37,337 posts, read 28,273,602 times

Advertisements

When we make something on the outside greater than what we are, we will always fear what is on the outside of us.

We saw the Nephilim there (the descendants of Anak come from the Nephilim). We seemed like grasshoppers in our own eyes, and we looked the same to them." Numbers 13:33

Greater is he who is in you, than he who is in the world.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-29-2013, 03:55 PM

9,689 posts, read 10,008,103 times
See there are four major demon groups which come and go and will affect the health of man and animals ,............. and these are cognitive disruptor demons , which influence the mind ,.......... then abdomen disruptor demons, which are the cause directly of indirectly responsible for any disorders of the abdomen ..........,,Gland disruptor demons will will be directly or indirectly responsible for bothering any gland in the body ............ Then there is the mobilities disruptor demons spirit will influence all areas which affect the mobilities of man and animals , as all the major illnesses are affect by one or more of these demons spirits , and fallen angels will hold curses were authority is given by default to these dark spirits , who hate the Living God and all His creation, which is man ............Through the Living God by Lord Jesus Christ , does not have any mercy for these spirit , and will work through faith to rip them out ....People would be not happy to see these spirits as they are the enemies of the soul and body of man

Old 07-29-2013, 06:01 PM

3,051 posts, read 2,596,328 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
You may think this is bad news, but I'm fairly sure neither ghosts, demons or gods exist....I have no idea why anyone would be so afraid of death although fear of dieing in pain is understandable....Death itself is just a return to the state one is in before conception, nothingness.
What a depressing outlook on life and death...

Old 07-29-2013, 07:53 PM

19,958 posts, read 13,450,937 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizzly Addams View Post
What a depressing outlook on life and death...
If you say so. It seems to me that Sanspeur (French for "without fear", in case you didn't notice) has no fear of death. Oh death, where is thy sting? Well ... the sting of death is one's attachment to the illusion of a permanent self. It certainly isn't going to actually be removed by telling people they have a permanent self that will go on after death. That's why Christian's aren't tripping over each other committing mass suicide so they can go to heaven and bypass all this earthly nonsense.

Old 07-29-2013, 08:13 PM

5,642 posts, read 15,705,582 times
Well, for me, the possibility of there no life after death is very depressing. I just can't find the motivation to do and live the best I can if that's the truth. I mean, we would be no different than the ant that defends the queen on the ant hill. It would then not matter if one lives like a Saint or a Stalin...for at the end of the day, we all die the same. What would be the point of life? At least seeing a demon or ghost would validate the reason to live.

Old 07-29-2013, 08:16 PM

17,573 posts, read 46,126,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by doss1 View Post
Well, for me, the possibility of there no life after death is very depressing. I just can't find the motivation to do and live the best I can if that's the truth. I mean, we would be no different than the ant that defends the queen on the ant hill. It would then not matter if one lives like a Saint or a Stalin...for at the end of the day, we all die the same. What would be the point of life? At least seeing a demon or ghost would validate the reason to live.
What a depressing outlook on life.

Old 07-29-2013, 08:39 PM

19,958 posts, read 13,450,937 times
Quote:
Well, for me, the possibility of ... no life after death is very depressing. I just can't find the motivation to do and live the best I can if that's the truth. I mean, we would be no different than the ant that defends the queen on the ant hill. It would then not matter if one lives like a Saint or a Stalin...for at the end of the day, we all die the same. What would be the point of life? At least seeing a demon or ghost would validate the reason to live.
Well, then I am a problem for you, because I don't think there's life after death, it doesn't depress me at all, AND it matters very much to me if I live like a saint or like Stalin.

Maybe there are actually better and nobler reasons for doing good than some contrived reward-and-punishment system. Maybe doing good because you want to is better than doing good because you must or should or because you get free cookies afterwards -- or just avoid being punished.

All the reward I need for doing good comes from things like my wife calling me her angel or my daughter giving me credit (finally, in her third decade) for "teaching her what is important in life". In other words, actual results.

What depresses me is all the years I wasted thinking that I was going to be rewarded, sooner or (probably much) later, in an afterlife if necessary, for doing good.

By the way, although the world is full of competitive a____les, and there are subgroups of humanity that live a dog eat dog existence, there is much more to life than that if you want it. Much of humanity actually means well and tries to do well, imperfectly, but we keep working on it. You can travel most places on this planet in relative safety and comfort (I'll be in Istanbul next week) and everywhere you see people working hard to alleviate human suffering -- doing concrete and important things toward that end, not preaching about how god will do it for you if you pee into the wind in just the right way. It's kind of annoying that it's the 21st century and I have to defend humanity from people who want to suggest that it's so pathetic that it can't find its touche with a flashlight. How did we ever walk on the moon or eradicate smallpox? By praying about it?

Old 07-29-2013, 09:53 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,168,052 times
Quote:
(Bolding mine.)

In very many respects, we are no different from an ant.

In very many respects, we are lesser than an ant.

In some respects, we may be perceived as greater.

But more important?

To whom?

Old 07-30-2013, 07:10 AM

3,051 posts, read 2,596,328 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mordant View Post
If you say so. It seems to me that Sanspeur (French for "without fear", in case you didn't notice) has no fear of death. Oh death, where is thy sting? Well ... the sting of death is one's attachment to the illusion of a permanent self. It certainly isn't going to actually be removed by telling people they have a permanent self that will go on after death. That's why Christian's aren't tripping over each other committing mass suicide so they can go to heaven and bypass all this earthly nonsense.
I am not saying one should fear death. I am saying that it is depressing to think that the whole meaning of life is this brief existence we are currently experiencing.

Old 07-30-2013, 11:35 AM

2,826 posts, read 2,366,623 times

Tales from the Darkside Title Sequence - YouTube

Yea, I think the issue now that I think about it, is that not only do the "no nonsense" superstition-free atheists hate this sort of thing, but usually main religions. If you have ghosts or demons, unless your religion makes it clear that this happens as part of the system, this means there are flaws in however the afterlife works.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality