Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-18-2013, 06:55 AM

17,842 posts, read 14,377,437 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard1965 View Post
Your comment on Genetics is old information...Genetics has been traced back to Africa to the historic Adam and Eve...99.9% of the world are related...
Your understanding is flawed.

There was no historic couple called Adam and Eve:

Y and mtDNA are not Adam and Eve: Part 1 - The Panda's Thumb
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-18-2013, 08:17 AM

50,087 posts, read 20,691,451 times
Quote:
Your comment on Genetics is old information...Genetics has been traced back to Africa to the historic Adam and Eve...99.9% of the world are related...
I don't know where you are getting your information from but you at least need to check it with -say - talk origins or even Wiki before posting here.

We have longs since had the debate about 'Mitochondrial Eve' -a misnomer and no more to do with the biblical Eden tale than the Higgs- Boson 'God -particle' has anything to do with God.

Last edited by TRANSPONDER; 08-18-2013 at 08:36 AM..

Old 08-18-2013, 08:36 AM

50,087 posts, read 20,691,451 times
Quote:
I don't know where you are getting your information from but you at least need to check it with -say - talk origins or even Wiki before posting here.

We have long since had the debate about 'Nitochondrial eve' 9a misnomer and no more to do with the biblical Eden tale than the Higgs- Boson 'God -particle' has anything to do with god.

Old 08-18-2013, 09:19 AM

9,616 posts, read 12,911,827 times
Default See, here's how it is...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucidkitty View Post
Even that wouldn't explain it. The ice caps melting would raise the sea levels a lot, but not enough to justify the sinking of all land.
Exactly, LC! Exacte mon' I have to wonder if our defensive theists have ever been introduced to one of these...

http://www.numericana.com/answer/hp50g.jpg

You know, to do them bigger calculations that would otherwise boggle even such superior minds as you and I, Lucid! But luckily for the otherwise techno-illiterate world, these can be purchased down at any University book store!. I mean, otherwise, it's a bit difficult essplaynin' having a fully-functioning IQ of >> 550.... (). Better to say "My H-P did all the work here! Blame it!"

Otherwise, can you imagine being captive to the staggeringly depressing alternative mental universe of being stuck in a stagnant worldview that mandates, on fear of either a physical public flogging (as in the old days when the church was claimed as, ahem... God's spokesman!)

Or at the least, within your beloved and cherished social club and community of "equals" of a modern excommunication for even considering any reasonable alternatives hat as noted, have been thoroughly shown.

Otherwise, here's some'dem quicky-dickie FACT that you Christians CAN take to your pastor or priest this morning in church. It's easy! Just raise your hand mid-sermon (OK, OK, let him finish his propaganda first, that Insta-Sermon he pulled offa the 'net last week.... Nothing gained by being purposefully impolite now is there? Esp. for us proven-pleasant, well-mannered atheist dog-demons...).

Then however, let 'em have it with this little passage, but only after you ask the congregation if they all devoutly believe in Thuh Fludd! And its Certified "Noah's MAGIC ACT™.

Dr. Marty Leipzig looks at the mathematics of 'Noah's Flood.'

(I know, I know, I expect a lot when some cretin tries to just toss it all out unexamined. (I'd say though, it'd be o much better to know just how ridiculous you might look if you raised such techo-stuff at a Christian Tea Party. I particularly like this telling paragraph, and so will make it easier for the anti-rationalés by re-quoting it right here:

...it would obviously require a water depth of 16,915' (5,155.7 m), or over three miles above mean sea level. In order to accomplish this little task, it would require the previously noted additional 4.525 x 109 km3 of water to flood the Earth to this depth.

The Earth's present hydrosphere (the sum total of all waters in, on and above the Earth) totals only 1.37 x 109 km3. Where would this additional 4.525 x 109 km3 of water come from? It cannot come from water vapour (i.e., clouds) because the atmospheric pressure would be 840 times greater than standard pressure of the atmosphere today.

Further, the latent heat released when the vapour condenses into liquid water would be enough to raise the temperature of the Earth's atmosphere to approximately 3,570 C (6,460 F).

WT-Heck? Really? an "additional" 4.525 x 109 km^3 volume of water. A temp of 3,570 ˚C? Wow! Otherwise, show him where he's calculated wrong, Christians!

Well, there yah has it huh? But again, let's not ever forget... the stubborn resistance to simple thinking and concluding is spectacular within the greater Christian needy-fundistá crowd. Never let it be said they don't put up a good fight though! I mean, there are still church steeples poking up into the horizon even in cities and towns supposedly populated by modern thinkers!

They should be officially torn down by now, since as an organized and once all-powerful mega-group, they have prevailed over some (most, in truth..) of the most cruel, ill-directed and purposefully inhumane cultural and socio-economic damages that simple peasant people have had to sustain.

Thank God for the now-inarguable numbers that such minds as the article's author can so easily provide, eh?

Read it and enjoy folks!

Last edited by rifleman; 08-18-2013 at 09:37 AM..

Old 08-18-2013, 09:23 AM

32,530 posts, read 22,016,467 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaymax View Post
Your understanding is flawed.

There was no historic couple called Adam and Eve:

Y and mtDNA are not Adam and Eve: Part 1 - The Panda's Thumb

You're way behind on your scientific information...

Old 08-18-2013, 09:27 AM

14,204 posts, read 12,274,353 times
Quote:
You're way behind on your scientific information...
Prove it then. You seem to make a lot of bold claims, while offering up no proof to back them up. I think that speaks volumes towards your expertise on the subject.

Old 08-18-2013, 09:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AREQUIPA View Post

We have longs since had the debate about 'Mitochondrial Eve' -a misnomer and no more to do with the biblical Eden tale than the Higgs- Boson 'God -particle' has anything to do with God.

Wiki????
...Are you serious????...All I can say is BONJOUR!!!...

Old 08-18-2013, 09:41 AM

Quote:
Prove it then. You seem to make a lot of bold claims, while offering up no proof to back them up. I think that speaks volumes towards your expertise on the subject.

Like I said you want it spelled out for you...Do your own honest objective research...Ask yourself why someone 6000 years ago would write something like that...Just for fun???...

Old 08-18-2013, 09:45 AM

31,373 posts, read 20,168,052 times
Quote:
Uh-huh.

As in, the absence of.

Old 08-18-2013, 09:49 AM

9,616 posts, read 12,911,827 times
Quote:
Do you have something against engineers?...And yea, science does change it's tune...
True, true! We conservative scientists (sing along now... "Don't yah wish you were intellectually hot like me??") reserve the right to improve our conclusions! Unlike your emotionally driven suggestion, it's not a total rejection of past theories. Rather, it's improvements.

Only intransigent Christians seem to be capable of lying endlessly, and of assuming that all the ancient Biblical Truisms are exactly that: inarguable, always providing a complete answer to everything, even when we have disproven their once inarguable "flat earth", instant Genesis, ±6000 year-old timeframe stuff, and so on.

Aren't you guys tired of realizing, as you well know inside your stubborn heads, that you have been officially proven wrong? Multiple times X multiple times?

Whaaaaaa happened there?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality