Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-02-2013, 03:20 PM

7,381 posts, read 7,692,112 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by perry335654 View Post
Well it wouldn't have happened if people would have turned away from their sins to worship God. I mean it only took 120 years for Noah to build the Ark and for people to decide what and who they wanted to worship. They mocked and jeered Noah for constructing the Ark, out of all that, 8 people entered the Ark as the rest of the world perished. If one remembers pre-flood, Methuselah(939 years old) died right before the flood was to occur, post-flood one notices how the longevity of man's life was shortened considerably.
And my wife thinks MY projects take a long time. Geesh!!

Those 8 people must have had a lot of sex with one another to replenish the earth's population in 4000 years.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-02-2013, 03:21 PM

22,632 posts, read 14,939,765 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seeker5in1 View Post
Every civilization on earth has the flood story. It happened.
Yep, even I have a flood story. It's about my basement and a pipe that broke ...

Old 08-02-2013, 04:18 PM

8,734 posts, read 13,817,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clark Park View Post
Yep, even I have a flood story. It's about my basement and a pipe that broke ...
Fountains of the deep.

Old 08-02-2013, 04:37 PM

15,501 posts, read 17,073,501 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amaznjohn View Post
Funny. Every civilization has THE flood story or A flood story? If every civilization has a flood story, and all civilizations were destroyed in The flood, how did THE flood story get passed down? Then, in the 4000 years that Fundies believe is the time since the flood, how did all of the civilizations disperse from Ararat and develop their cultures, languages, and diverse appearances? Sorry, that doesn't cut it.
I had not thought of it before/

But the fact nearly every civilization has a flood story is probably the strongest evidence there never was a global flood.

Old 08-02-2013, 04:38 PM

17,573 posts, read 46,137,120 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodrow LI View Post

But the fact nearly every civilization has a flood story is probably the strongest evidence there never was a global flood.
Exactly.

Old 08-02-2013, 04:42 PM

19,942 posts, read 17,187,017 times
Quote:

Why? It would seem to me to be the opposite. Every civilization corroborates on the event happening.

Old 08-02-2013, 04:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizio View Post
Why? It would seem to me to be the opposite. Every civilization corroborates on the event happening.
Each Civilization dates them at different times and only the Genesis version has the Ark, Noah and all of humanity being destroyed.

Seems if all the civilizations were descended from Noah, at least one outside of Judaism would mention the Ark and Noah.

Old 08-02-2013, 04:48 PM

Quote:
Each Civilization dates them at different times and only the Genesis version has the Ark, Noah and all of humanity being destroyed.

Seems if all the civilizations were descended from Noah, at least one outside of Judaism would mention the Ark and Noah.
You take 4 different witnesses of a car accident and they'll all have a different point of view. The difference in details isn't the point. It's the fact that they all claim that a big flood occurred.

Old 08-02-2013, 04:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizio View Post
You take 4 different witnesses of a car accident and they'll all have a different point of view. The difference in details isn't the point. It's the fact that they all claim that a big flood occurred.
Except if you do not get collaborating evidence, the witnesses loose credibility as proof.

another problem if it was the same flood, the stories would have been relating what was passed down from those who were on the Ark. All civilizations would be descendents of Noah and all would have heard the same story from the same source.

Old 08-02-2013, 05:00 PM

Quote:
Except if you do not get collaborating evidence, the witnesses loose credibility as proof.

another problem if it was the same flood, the stories would have been relating what was passed down from those who were on the Ark. All civilizations would be descendents of Noah and all would have heard the same story from the same source.
And over thousands of years those stories got lost. I'm not sure about you, but I can't tell you the names of my great-great-grandparents, much less anything about their lives. It's not difficult to believe that over the course of 1000 years details would be lost.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality