Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-15-2013, 05:35 AM

50,088 posts, read 20,723,660 times

Advertisements

How about those who accept Jesus after the bitter end?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-15-2013, 08:36 AM

28,097 posts, read 29,963,441 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AREQUIPA View Post
How about those who accept Jesus after the bitter end?
When is the "bitter end"? That's a serious question, by the way. Is it death? Is it the final judgment?

Old 08-15-2013, 10:47 AM

88,580 posts, read 84,795,337 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodrow LI View Post
My second wife who passed away was Tsalagi.

My current wife is Cheyenne Often considered a Sister to the Lakota as they were united with Sitting Bull and Cheyenne warriors did take part in the Battle of the Little Big Horn.
I hope you know I was joking with that remark. I am sorry about the loss of your other wife, though I am glad you found happiness with your current wife.

Interesting information on the battle, thank you.

Old 08-15-2013, 03:00 PM

15,501 posts, read 17,078,401 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
I hope you know I was joking with that remark. I am sorry about the loss of your other wife, though I am glad you found happiness with your current wife.

No problem MQ I knew you were just playing.

I just used it as an excuse to mention my wife. Both of them.

Old 08-15-2013, 03:06 PM

10,607 posts, read 11,658,684 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post

Mightyqueen, a little humor is good besides Woodrow is tso-s-da-nv-tli.... so we understand..

Old 08-15-2013, 03:53 PM

7,727 posts, read 12,622,010 times
I'm not concerned with what is going to happen to people of other religions. I only know God is working in their lives as well as everyone else's on this planet to come to the saving power of Christ. Their alternative belief systems are irrelevant to me and the big picture.

Old 08-15-2013, 04:59 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,184,822 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by allenk893 View Post
I'm not concerned with what is going to happen to people of other religions. I only know God is working in their lives as well as everyone else's on this planet to come to the saving power of Christ. Their alternative belief systems are irrelevant to me and the big picture.
Some of those "alternate belief systems" are the big picture.

The ones which religionists seem to prefer are narrow and limiting.

Old 08-16-2013, 12:09 PM

794 posts, read 846,645 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bUU View Post
Yes, it's called parole. Convicted criminals sentenced to long periods of time incarcerated appear before a parole board and demonstrate that they are remorseful, rehabilitated, and/or no longer represent a danger. Successful pleas result in release from incarceration, replaced by occasional supervision by a parole officer.
Moderator cut: Orphaned response.
God's word is truth and His word is eternal. If God said those who reject His Son will suffer everlasting separation from Him then to believe otherwise is to believe God's word is not truth. We die because God's word is truth. God told Adam if he eats from the tree of knowledge he and all his posterity would die. Last I checked people are still dieing. God's word is truth is it not? So I think it is a wise decision to also believe in what God said when He said those who believe in His Son will not perish but have everlasting life. (John 3:16)

Last edited by june 7th; 08-19-2013 at 05:41 AM..

Old 08-16-2013, 12:14 PM
bUU

12,074 posts, read 10,705,895 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by romans519 View Post
Ok, but how about if a man is sentenced to death without the possibility of parole?
Only an indefensibly corrupted justice system would presume to inflict such an immoral penalty in the context of this situation.

Old 08-16-2013, 12:15 PM

454 posts, read 793,837 times
Hell can be different things to different faiths...

a landscape of flames where the "wicked" suffer for eternity.... a dark lonely place of separation from all they loved while alive... or an oblivion/nothingness as "punishment" for their earthly transgressions.... and many more descriptions of Hell.

a Hell seems most likely to have been created as a foreboding warning to those who stray from whatever religion's laws they follow... i.e., "stick to what we teach, or guess what! awful things await you after death!"

there are sufficient troubles, tragedies, devastating events right here on earth, in one's lifetime, to qualify as hellish.... we ALL experience Hell at one time or other in our lives depending what horrific occurrences befall us
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality