Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-11-2013, 09:32 AM

530 posts, read 901,761 times

Advertisements

As far as I knew / know TD Jakes is a Christian. I was surprised by the speaker choice. Was curious as to the thoughts of others.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-11-2013, 09:34 AM

530 posts, read 901,761 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeannaC View Post
This is a man made religion and pure apostasy. Even TD Jakes has fallen as of last year. Please pray for them.

Why do you say that? Fallen as of last year?

Old 08-11-2013, 10:51 AM

24,097 posts, read 32,437,200 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HisTime2010 View Post
As far as I knew / know TD Jakes is a Christian. I was surprised by the speaker choice. Was curious as to the thoughts of others.

Yes. TDJakes is a Christian minister of the Gospel. As far as I know, Oprah is a Christian. I am in no position to judge anyone ele's walk with Christ, but my own. Which has been imperfect.

Old 08-11-2013, 11:03 AM

32,516 posts, read 37,157,543 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sheena12 View Post
I am in no position to judge anyone ele's walk with Christ, but my own. Which has been imperfect.
The statement of a real, live Christian. No judgement. No condemnation. Self-awareness without egotism. Good for you, Sheena. I admire people who don't feel the need to decide where everyone else stands with God.

Bishop Jakes and Oprah are apparently friends. He's been on her show several times. Makes sense he'd invite her to be a part of this. He's said they're going to discuss fatherlessness in the community. IMHO that's a much-needed and worthy topic of focus.

Last edited by DewDropInn; 08-11-2013 at 11:18 AM..

Old 08-11-2013, 11:23 AM

794 posts, read 846,222 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sheena12 View Post
Yes. TDJakes is a Christian minister of the Gospel. As far as I know, Oprah is a Christian. I am in no position to judge anyone ele's walk with Christ, but my own. Which has been imperfect.
Oprah is NOT a Christian. A Christian is someone who believes Jesus is the Son of God who died on the cross for their sins and was raised from the dead by God to show that our sins have been put away forever. She has publically denied Jesus as the only way to salvation. She has partnered with new age teachers to promote new age beliefs, mysticism, the belief of no sin and multiple paths to multiple Gods. It is not a judgment to say this, it is a rebuke. No Christian wants anyone to not be saved. That is why we rebuke them.

The Gospel Of The Church Of Oprah: Jesus Did Not Come To Die On The Cross - YouTube

The Church of Oprah Exposed -MUST SEE!!! - YouTube

Old 08-11-2013, 11:35 AM

1,196 posts, read 753,272 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by romans519 View Post

[SIZE=3]Moneyand power are two things that can turn a person from Jehovah God andJesus. Things of the world, ([/SIZE][SIZE=3]1John2:15,16),[/SIZE][SIZE=3] will causeMANY to lose their lives. If the words aren't those of Jehovah God,spoken by faithful men like Moses, Daniel, up to Jesus and after him,John. Then those are NOT true teachings. And they say we don'tbelieve in Jesus, even though we say we preach because he commandedit. Her beliefs of ONLY having a good heart will save us?, Sad!, she refuse to follow Jesus ,([/SIZE][SIZE=3]Luke9:23 And he said to them all, If any man will come after me, let himdeny himself, and take up his cross daily, and follow me). Whichmeans she's NOT one of his followers ,([/SIZE][SIZE=3]John17:16[/SIZE][SIZE=3]They are not of the world, even as I am not of the world), becauseshe's totally into the world, Satan has her wrap so tight. And allone can do is to pray for her. peace [/SIZE][SIZE=3][/SIZE]

Old 08-11-2013, 10:44 PM

2,817 posts, read 3,459,775 times
If they can get the black people to stand up and take care of their children, I commend them. I wish the Hispanics, like me, had leaders that will try to get Hispanics to open our eyes to see that children without fathers don't do too well.
The church is not doing this. If Oprah and jakes can somehow reduce the violence among blacks, then I commend them.

Old 08-11-2013, 11:07 PM

5,965 posts, read 7,014,610 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
I admire people who don't feel the need to decide where everyone else stands with God.
Me too. It's hard to find such on Christian forums these days!

I could not be less interested in Mega Fest - who goes - who doesn't go - other people's comings and goings have little if any affect on my life.

Let people be free to be who they are, to walk the journey God has dealt them. Stop the condemnation, for heaven's sake!

Old 08-12-2013, 12:13 AM

24,097 posts, read 32,437,200 times
There seem to be people who live to condemn and who take the inventory of other Christians as to doctrine or behavior.

What ever Pastor Jakes and Ms. Winfrey wanted to accomplish through this event sounded positive. The rest is none of my business.

As far as Christians who feel that it's their place to judge Oprah Winfrey and others-
I don't understand it, and I'll never understand it. The bible - JESUS - speaks to this more than almost anything else in scripture.

Why this simple instruction is ignored by so many, is a mystery to me.

Now if you will excuse me, I think there is a log that I need to extract from my eye.

Old 08-12-2013, 11:48 AM

2,757 posts, read 3,999,699 times
If I made one-quarter of the money that Oprah has, I'd go to Megafest, Begafest, and any other 'fest
'cause I'd be so grateful to have so much money. I'd thank God, for sho'.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality