Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-21-2013, 11:12 PM

1,878 posts, read 2,027,347 times

Advertisements

Jesus was, obviously, Middle Eastern.

I never pictured God having a normal body. To me he was more like "Face" from Nickelodeon, except with the heavens as the backdrop.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-22-2013, 05:39 AM

5,563 posts, read 7,213,605 times
I have seen stuff on black xian forums where they suggest he was very dark skinned with woolly hair much like black folk have. I suppose that is not too hard a stretch to make seeing the ME folk are a diversity of earlier cultures that amalgamated and assimilated. The OT is full of so called evidence of the Hebrew folk being encouraged to separate themselves.

However, this Jesus fella is obviously not real seeing the oldest of NT texts are dated very long after his supposed death. Yes there may have been some wannabe prophet/messiah but if you have studied contemporary history from the era, which is not very thorough mind you, there does seem to have been a number of these wannabe messiahs.

Jesus was an invention of Rome and was predominantly a very Eurocentric religion culture wise. For most of the history of christianty in Europe, there was no doubt that the myth being propagated was of a very white Jesus. When folk make up gods in their image, their iconography reflects this hence the very white paintings and sculptures of the biblical "heroes" and saints.

Even the gospels are written in such a way as to suggest that the original salvation for the Jews was to be passed onto the Gentiles and with the so called letters of Paul (who probably never existed as claimed, IIRC it was attributed to Jerome?) the key aspects on which they were trying to base this religion on morphed quickly to include many other pagan concepts of god or gods. I would hazard a guess, the Greeks and Roman pantheon of gods they knew were as non committal as the one true god they thought they were now inventing would change things. A change is as good as a holiday they say...

Jewish folklore is also not as old as the bible pretends to claim it is however, it did precede the modern era of religion by at least 100 years. A lot changes in 100 years even back then.

If we look at that era of Roman occupation and the Jews were as disciplined as inferred, perhaps they were impressed by the so called unity. History tells us a different tale concerning the OT. What must have been in place was a theocracy of sorts yet the NT gospels do not seem to mention animal sacrifices other than simple doves. Perhaps that aspect of animal sacrifice as chronicled in the OT never actually existed seeing these were nomads continually on the move and likely running away from their enemies. The Levitical leadership had been replaced by two dissenting sects namely the Pharisees and Sadducees.

For all their claim to fame in the OT, the Jews did seem to be overrun by an invading foreign force and occupied rather easily despite this make believe god being on their side in all previous encounters. That IMO would suggest that all those epic battles never actually transpired and were mere skirmishes and embellished with ridiculous numbers over time. A hundred became a thousand then ten thousand and so on as the scrolls were transcribed. We now know that the oft repeated lie that scribes were 100% copiers is well, a lie. Supposed identical accounts differ immensely, the dead sea scrolls did not support this claim.

The player Paul is put into play of the gospels as a Pharisee IOW a Jew and persecuting the believers and yet has Roman citizenship, how was that possible? I seriously doubt tribal affiliations have changed that much over the last 2000 years seeing it is still rife and alive in 2013. Did all Iraqis and Afgans become USA citizens?

If Rome never made it a state religion, we probably would have seen it die off just as all the other earlier religions.

Old 08-22-2013, 08:10 AM

14,204 posts, read 12,279,947 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeekerSA View Post
I have seen stuff on black xian forums where they suggest he was very dark skinned with woolly hair much like black folk have. I suppose that is not too hard a stretch to make seeing the ME folk are a diversity of earlier cultures that amalgamated and assimilated. The OT is full of so called evidence of the Hebrew folk being encouraged to separate themselves.

However, this Jesus fella is obviously not real seeing the oldest of NT texts are dated very long after his supposed death. Yes there may have been some wannabe prophet/messiah but if you have studied contemporary history from the era, which is not very thorough mind you, there does seem to have been a number of these wannabe messiahs.

Jesus was an invention of Rome and was predominantly a very Eurocentric religion culture wise. For most of the history of christianty in Europe, there was no doubt that the myth being propagated was of a very white Jesus. When folk make up gods in their image, their iconography reflects this hence the very white paintings and sculptures of the biblical "heroes" and saints.

Even the gospels are written in such a way as to suggest that the original salvation for the Jews was to be passed onto the Gentiles and with the so called letters of Paul (who probably never existed as claimed, IIRC it was attributed to Jerome?) the key aspects on which they were trying to base this religion on morphed quickly to include many other pagan concepts of god or gods. I would hazard a guess, the Greeks and Roman pantheon of gods they knew were as non committal as the one true god they thought they were now inventing would change things. A change is as good as a holiday they say...

Jewish folklore is also not as old as the bible pretends to claim it is however, it did precede the modern era of religion by at least 100 years. A lot changes in 100 years even back then.

If we look at that era of Roman occupation and the Jews were as disciplined as inferred, perhaps they were impressed by the so called unity. History tells us a different tale concerning the OT. What must have been in place was a theocracy of sorts yet the NT gospels do not seem to mention animal sacrifices other than simple doves. Perhaps that aspect of animal sacrifice as chronicled in the OT never actually existed seeing these were nomads continually on the move and likely running away from their enemies. The Levitical leadership had been replaced by two dissenting sects namely the Pharisees and Sadducees.

For all their claim to fame in the OT, the Jews did seem to be overrun by an invading foreign force and occupied rather easily despite this make believe god being on their side in all previous encounters. That IMO would suggest that all those epic battles never actually transpired and were mere skirmishes and embellished with ridiculous numbers over time. A hundred became a thousand then ten thousand and so on as the scrolls were transcribed. We now know that the oft repeated lie that scribes were 100% copiers is well, a lie. Supposed identical accounts differ immensely, the dead sea scrolls did not support this claim.

The player Paul is put into play of the gospels as a Pharisee IOW a Jew and persecuting the believers and yet has Roman citizenship, how was that possible? I seriously doubt tribal affiliations have changed that much over the last 2000 years seeing it is still rife and alive in 2013. Did all Iraqis and Afgans become USA citizens?

If Rome never made it a state religion, we probably would have seen it die off just as all the other earlier religions.
It was made a state religion because it was on the upswing at that moment in history. And the jews were disciplined under roman rule o.O?

Old 08-24-2013, 02:38 PM

261 posts, read 512,630 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by compre View Post
I seriously doubt many Americans would go to church if they showed Jesus as black. Many would probably quit going, to be completely honest.

I've played video games online where no one wants to play as the black guy. They don't want their friends/family to catch them playing as the black guy. That speaks volumes. So you're not suppose to like blacks, I guess?
And of course. Chsirtianty would have gotten no where in the US if he was a black made. The majority would look over in utter indifference and alienation if they saw his face as black. Praising and wishing/hoping/their life in the hands of his hands--a black man. Forget about it.

You know you bring up a very very good point. To your last moment--I play this game League Of Legends (LoL) and after YEARS they have created men, women, children, monsters, aliens, you name it. And they just recently (yesterday) released their first black male champion. Jokes and post (indirect/passive/supposed to be funny) marks were made, for months, even still in every thread. And guess what, his only alternative skin is him with them is changing his completion to a very light skin (basically white) guy.

Old 08-24-2013, 03:33 PM

28,096 posts, read 29,957,386 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by John F S View Post
It doesn't matter if Jesus Christ was black or white - or even some other color.
It ONLY matters to human beings with problems who think that one color is better than another one.
But He was a male.
I can't even remember repping you recently, but apparently I did, 'cause I couldn't do so again yet. Wonderful post!

Old 08-24-2013, 06:47 PM

15,501 posts, read 17,075,596 times
I have finally come to the conclusion the most logical answer for the question:

Quote:
Is God/Jesus White or Black ?
is

Quote:
We have no need to know

Old 08-26-2013, 05:18 PM

3,440 posts, read 5,717,541 times
His feet were like burnished bronze, refined in a furnace, and his voice was like the roar of many waters.

Revelation 1:15

Old 08-26-2013, 05:20 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,413,299 times
He is the only one who does not care what color u r
He loves u

Old 09-02-2013, 04:15 PM

73,007 posts, read 62,598,043 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
He is the only one who does not care what color u r
He loves u
Amen!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality