Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-04-2009, 05:32 AM

179 posts, read 536,660 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reverend1111 View Post
All of my teachings come from channeled messages from Celestial spirits who were once former humans. If I'm crazy, so be it. (I see a lot of people using that icon. I wonder if you all end up with headaches).

It's a good thing that you don't know me because I'd have to ensnare you in the same craziness! Make you just as nuts and then, maybe, you will see what a wonderfull world I live in. It's better to be thought crazy than to be thought a prude and rather boring, in my opinion.

it's one thing to be 'thought' crazy....it's another to actually 'BE' crazy!

your 'teachings' come from "channeled messages from celestial spirits"?
my my! what does that even mean?
and you say that you're not nuts!
well....i gotta say is....

(ps. that icon doesn't 'really' mean that i'm hitting myself in the head as you suggested...so no, no headaches.)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-04-2009, 06:19 AM

659 posts, read 1,084,751 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultimatetruth View Post
it's one thing to be 'thought' crazy....it's another to actually 'BE' crazy!

your 'teachings' come from "channeled messages from celestial spirits"?
my my! what does that even mean?
and you say that you're not nuts!
well....i gotta say is....

(ps. that icon doesn't 'really' mean that i'm hitting myself in the head as you suggested...so no, no headaches.)
I wonder why you feel the need to constantly knock someone's beliefs and their belief system. How in any way is it affecting you? Reverend is not proselytizing you and trying to force her beliefs on you. Why do you feel the need to attack hers?

Old 06-04-2009, 09:18 AM

258 posts, read 443,143 times
Quote:
We all share the same planet. We all can share the same forum. Diversity matters and when we exclude some, we are, in a sense, excluding our selves. We love all who come here even if their opions and beliefs are different.

This is the response I received for saying same thing to what you said about persons comments poking fun at their beliefs. I agree with the above quote, it an open formum, and all comments should be allowed. I get a good laugh out of some of them!!!!

Old 06-04-2009, 10:06 AM

4,323 posts, read 6,022,131 times
And how is that comment making fun of you? I didn't bash your beliefs. You were bashing someone else's beliefs and I stood up for them because our beliefs are our own and they matter to each of us. When someone comes along and makes fun, it tends to put the basher in a bad position.
The internet is different than seeing someone face-to-face so sometimes people will take things the wrong way.

Old 06-04-2009, 11:04 AM

836 posts, read 3,381,427 times
Hmmmm I seen this and thought I would add my 2cents in..
I have read through some of these threads on here and can't believe some of the stuff people say or ask.
Has anyone seen God? No one can see God, No one knows what God looks like or even if God exist. And God.. according to the Bible loves all, heals all, most important created all. But if God Loves and Heals.. why does God let people suffer in unimaginable ways and if God created all.. How has scientist determined the Big Bang Theory. What God got mad and blew up a star to create the universe. I really doubt it. And if God were real then why don't we see or hear God?
Now I grew up going to church every Sunday and Wed. and any other time that church events were going on (such as bible school etc..) and listening to the teachers and preachers, preach the bible.. yell to top of their voices about how Jesus will some day come back and we should be saved (repent your sins) or we will all go to Hell, but yet we have no idea where we really go when we pass away, or if there is a heaven or hell of course except the bible says so. And the funny thing was My grandparents nor parents never went to church except maybe once a year.. but they made us go because they thought we needed to know about God. Hmmm.. of course my grandparents always said you don't have to go to church to believe in God so I went with that. But ask Why we had to go and they said we needed it. I think it was just away of keeping us in activities when school was out and through the summer. My Great Grandfather founded the church I was married in. I love hearing the stories of how they built the church in the early 1800's and it burnt down then the neighbors got together and rebuilt it and his parents didn't like the fact that he turned Baptist due to they were Quakers.. So as you would imagine I am from a very religious family. But this has never changed anything about things I think or believe.
Here is what I think about the Bible....The Bible is a bunch of exaggerated stories of the past written by 40 different Authors. It is a way to keep people from knowing about the Unknown.. specially since our ancestors didn't even know about this Bible..if so it would have been passed down for more than 10,000 years and it wasn't..remember the bible has only been around for less than 2009 years. The ancient Mayans and Egyptians believed in many Gods and even drew what their God looked like.. hmm alien form. I just simply think people are scared of what they might discover, this is why the Roman Catholics made this Bible up, so they could keep religion under their control because they knew the real truth and if word got out that they knew the truth oh my they would look bad since they are the top churches in the world.

I am not here to tell you your wrong for what you believe in. Because everyone chooses their own beliefs. But there are just way to many questions to ponder..(and please don't say go read the bible,. I have read it). I just simply believe differently.

Old 06-04-2009, 11:30 AM

You can always try reading The Urantia Book. It isn't religion and it's mostly science.

Old 06-04-2009, 11:33 AM

Quote:
And how is that comment making fun of you? I didn't bash your beliefs. You were bashing someone else's beliefs and I stood up for them because our beliefs are our own and they matter to each of us. When someone comes along and makes fun, it tends to put the basher in a bad position.
The internet is different than seeing someone face-to-face so sometimes people will take things the wrong way.

I was not responding to the comment I quoted, but your response to mine on a previous comment. If that makes sense, LOL!!! This was the comment I was responding to.

I wonder why you feel the need to constantly knock someone's beliefs and their belief system. How in any way is it affecting you? Reverend is not proselytizing you and trying to force her beliefs on you. Why do you feel the need to attack hers?

I was conveying what you said to my comment about kicking the dog, and so forth!!!!!

Old 06-04-2009, 11:37 AM

Ok.
We're all good so lets let it go.

Old 06-04-2009, 12:23 PM

2,549 posts, read 2,721,894 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by baxendale View Post
no, but i did stay at a holiday inn express last night.
: - )

Old 06-04-2009, 03:55 PM

[SIZE=3][SIZE=3]THE EARLY UNIVERSE
[/SIZE]
[/SIZE][SIZE=4][SIZE=4]If God created the universe from nothing
[/SIZE][/SIZE][SIZE=3][SIZE=3], my theory shows that mass energy on one
side of the throat of the quantum wormhole is equal to the gravitational field energy on the
other side of its throat, both canceling each other. This would imply that the gravitational
field is negative energy considering that mass is positive energy. This is consistent with
inflationary universe, no matter how big is the universe. "There is nothing known that
places any limit on the amount of inflation that can occur while the total energy remains
exactly zero [18]." My paper does not explain the observations of quark confinement, their
asymptotic freedom and infrared slavery. It need not. These observations are results of
gluon interactions. My theory deals with the tensor field alone and stops at the mouth of
the quantum wormhole.
There is a coincidence that estimated number of gluons (about a billion) per nucleon
is the same as the estimated number of photons per nucleon. Despite difference between
their energies, this potential one-to-one relationship is noteworthy in light of the facts that
(1) the energy difference may be explained in terms of violation of null energy condition
[/SIZE]
[/SIZE][SIZE=2][SIZE=2]114 Shantilal G. Goradia
[/SIZE]
[/SIZE][SIZE=3][SIZE=3]and (2) the photon is speculated as a potential mediator of gravity by some scientists,
trying to reconcile repulsive gravity implicit in the expanding universe.

I have attached the rest of the article if interested in reading. The smartest men on the planet constatly correlate physics and God. Why is that?
[/SIZE]
[/SIZE]
Attached Files
File Type: pdf v1n203.pdf (148.3 KB, 1182 views)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality