Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-21-2009, 04:57 AM

2,256 posts, read 6,956,755 times

Advertisements

Not for nothing but research all the people who have seen God or had God speak to them and you will see a very interesting similarity in all these people.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-07-2010, 09:42 PM

1 posts, read 891 times
Default Yes I have seen God

Yes I saw God It is really strange. At the beggining he was like an ordinary person, He was teezing me, and I was a little bit feeling strange. I looked at that ordinary person, and said to myself, God has started teezing me. I realized that this ordinary person gradually now is a spirit that dominated the body of that person. I was gradually, and gradually feeling humbled, and more humbled. The spirit of God was so much kind and loving, and he was like a thunder mentioning my sins. I was so in shock that turned my face away for a few seconds to be able to tell myself that am i crazy or is it for real? How possible that God talks to me and The creator of the whole universe, how is it possible that has left all the chores on the universe alone and now has focused on me. I was feeling that I am nothing at all , and was totally humbled by the image of God. This image was an image of a powerfull spirit that I felt knows evrey thing about me even more than i know about myself. I felt that He is so close to my feelings and emotions and existance that I was totally in shock. After a while when I was reminded of my mistakes and sins, when I looked up i just saw that ordinary person. Like that powerfull spirit finished her message and left, and i was shaking, could not believe my eyes. Asking myself was that real. Still I ask myself again and again. I prayed alot and asked God. please tell me what was that I experienced. At night I dreamed The image of a mature almost heavey set old man very knowledgeable and powerfull with gray hair and gray beard. I recognized him as true God. Then around his eyes started to flash like flash light turns on and off. Then this flashing was relayed to other individual, then from other individual flashings was relayed to me. So God wanted to tell me that what I experienced was his messages that was forwarded to that regular person, and from him to me. What I experienced has had a big affect on me that still after 22 years I am shocked and try to analyze the situation. how come suddenly an ordinary person takes the image of God, and how strange it was that an ordinary person takes the spirit of God still is one of my greatest challenges, but it was real real , and whatever reason i bring to deny that situation and tell myself that I was wrong, i can't, but I know that God is closer to everybody that he may imagine, and he is full of love , knowledge about you, more than ever you can imagine

Read more: [URL]http://www.city-data.com/forum/religion-philosophy/193626-has-anyone-seen-god-22.html#ixzz0bzansoLT[/URL]

Old 01-08-2010, 04:23 PM

896 posts, read 1,864,748 times
ed425. Were you taking any kind of medication at that time?

Old 01-08-2010, 06:59 PM

1,461 posts, read 1,529,023 times
When I was 17 and taking LSD we met on the banks of a river. Jesus was not around. Of course, on another trip, I saw a dinosaur,

Old 11-06-2019, 10:43 AM

5,517 posts, read 2,404,605 times
According to the Bible NO ONE can see God:

No one has ever seen God (1 John 4:12).

No man has seen or can see [God] (1 Timothy 6:16).

Old 11-06-2019, 11:15 AM

1,378 posts, read 393,149 times
Quote:
John 14 King James Version (KJV)

21 He that hath my commandments, and keepeth them, he it is that loveth me: and he that loveth me shall be loved of my Father, and I will love him, and will manifest myself to him.

22 Judas saith unto him, not Iscariot, Lord, how is it that thou wilt manifest thyself unto us, and not unto the world?

23 Jesus answered and said unto him, If a man love me, he will keep my words: and my Father will love him, and we will come unto him,...John 14:

If you look through The Bible you can find many passages that contradict each other. There are many people in The Bible who saw God in person. So it does happen.

Old 11-06-2019, 12:49 PM

5,517 posts, read 2,404,605 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocean777 View Post
If you look through The Bible you can find many passages that contradict each other. There are many people in The Bible who saw God in person. So it does happen.
How can you trust the Bible to be accurate if there are all these blatant contradictions?

Old 11-06-2019, 01:25 PM

1,378 posts, read 393,149 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diesel350z View Post
How can you trust the Bible to be accurate if there are all these blatant contradictions?

Well what is true for one person in history may have been unknown to someone else. They may have noticed a different aspect of God only.

And context is vitally important when reading things.

People speak about things in/from a certain context, & their words do not fit all the other contexts they use at other times.

So their own words they used at different times may contradict each other when taken from their original contexts.

Old 11-06-2019, 01:31 PM

18,976 posts, read 7,017,904 times
Wow. This is an old thread. Interesting that there are anti-religious people that were posting years ago. Apparently, they grew tired of it and left. Maybe the haters who post now will grow tired and leave.

Old 11-06-2019, 01:45 PM

37,462 posts, read 61,388,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocean777 View Post
... There are many people in The Bible who saw God in person. So it does happen.
Just so we are on the same page, could you please give us a few examples of these 'many people'?

Thank you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality