Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-24-2013, 05:11 AM

50,086 posts, read 20,687,859 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by romans519 View Post
There is no such thing as an ex Christian. When you are born again by believing in the finished work of Christ you are a Christian. This can't be undone. Anyone who claims to be an ex Christian never was one in the first place.
As they say The Church is the only army that shoots its own wounded.

Quote:
Also, Christianity isn't about miracles. It is about the redemptive work of Christ that He did for us.
Pity. At least there is some arguable evidence for the former, while there is not a shred of evidence for the latter.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-24-2013, 05:21 AM
bUU

12,074 posts, read 10,699,341 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AREQUIPA View Post
I guess that makes the Republican Party "The Church".

NJ Gov. Christie: Just Another RINO

This whole "never was one in the first place" nonsense sounds like, "Any incorrect answers on the test weren't my answers.

Old 08-24-2013, 05:55 AM

5,458 posts, read 6,712,767 times
Quote:
There is no such thing as an ex Christian. When you are born again by believing in the finished work of Christ you are a Christian. This can't be undone. Anyone who claims to be an ex Christian never was one in the first place.
But we've seen lots of cases where once very strong believers left the faith. So does that mean we can't call any living human a Christian since they might be the next one to deconvert? If so, I can't really accept your message about Christ since it is impossible to know if you are one of his real followers or a pretender - I'll have to wait to hear your post-death preaching on the subject to be sure. This is a self-defeating approach for your sales pitch, but it sure makes my life easier...

Old 08-24-2013, 07:24 AM

17,573 posts, read 46,123,839 times
Quote:
As I said, most of his videos are short under 15 minutes. I believe his findings are hard to argue but if you're not even going to watch them then you have no argument here.
Every video you posted is longer than 15 minutes. Most by a lot.

Old 08-24-2013, 07:39 AM

19,956 posts, read 13,447,359 times
Quote:
There is no such thing as an ex Christian. When you are born again by believing in the finished work of Christ you are a Christian. This can't be undone. Anyone who claims to be an ex Christian never was one in the first place. Also, Christianity isn't about miracles. It is about the redemptive work of Christ that He did for us.
Seriously?

If you met me in meatspace 20 years ago you would have fully accepted me as a committed Christian. You'd then no doubt turn on me anyway when you met me 10 years later as an unbeliever and claim I was never a Christian. So much for Christian "fellowship".

The reality is that you can't handle the possibility that your beliefs could possibly be rejectable by anyone who has lived them to any serious degree. You can't explain pastors, sunday school teachers, music ministers, elders and deacons, that you can find here who have "repented" of Christianity. You can't handle anyone who has studied and knows their Bible and prayed daily who exits your tribe. In other words, you have no basis to believe what you believe and so you pretend those who realize that THEY had no basis to believe, had no belief in the first place.

I have three words for that: Pah Thet Ick.

Old 08-24-2013, 11:16 AM

5,563 posts, read 7,211,173 times
It is my personal opinion that folk that go on the net to discuss beliefs seek affirmation to overcome their own doubts however small, then they run into someone like me who is well versed not only in the bible, but doctrines and church history and discover I am now a very vocal atheist.

It must scare them (a 4 letter word I am not allowed to say)LESS. Hence the no true Scotsman fallacy card being played.

A lot of the old timers here knew me in the latter days of my deconversion.

I will just plod on and present the facts over and over. So many folk to de-indoctrinate, so little time.

Old 08-24-2013, 11:47 AM

794 posts, read 846,177 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AREQUIPA View Post

Pity. At least there is some arguable evidence for the former, while there is not a shred of evidence for the latter.
That is the purpose of this thread. To provide content that could be considered evidence to the unbelievers and truth seekers. I understand that there are a lot of hard hearted people out there but I believe these souls can be saved. That is why I want to share content I believe will help them see the truth about God.

I have been born again and I can tell you it is a life changing experience. That in and of itself is evidence. Christians aren't living the way they are because they are trying to. Christians live the way they do because it is fruit of their new heart God gave them.

Old 08-24-2013, 11:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeekerSA View Post
It is my personal opinion that folk that go on the net to discuss beliefs seek affirmation to overcome their own doubts however small, then they run into someone like me who is well versed not only in the bible, but doctrines and church history and discover I am now a very vocal atheist.

It must scare them (a 4 letter word I am not allowed to say)LESS. Hence the no true Scotsman fallacy card being played.

A lot of the old timers here knew me in the latter days of my deconversion.

I will just plod on and present the facts over and over. So many folk to de-indoctrinate, so little time.
Knowing bible verses and church history is one thing but without the new heart from God it is just head knowledge. There is a context to be seen in every verse of the bible. Just because you see them a certain way doesn't mean it is the context. You have to take into consideration the people, the time, the place, the references, the occasion and many other things.

I recommend Joseph Prince to anyone who wants to hear the gospel preached in its context. The problem with many preachers past and present is that they preached the word but not the context of the word. That is why we have so many Christian religions and denominations.

Here is some contextual preaching for you.

Joseph Prince - Jesus' Righteousness Is Greater Than Adam's Sin - 19 Aug 12 - YouTube

Old 08-24-2013, 11:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mordant View Post
Seriously?

If you met me in meatspace 20 years ago you would have fully accepted me as a committed Christian. You'd then no doubt turn on me anyway when you met me 10 years later as an unbeliever and claim I was never a Christian. So much for Christian "fellowship".

The reality is that you can't handle the possibility that your beliefs could possibly be rejectable by anyone who has lived them to any serious degree. You can't explain pastors, sunday school teachers, music ministers, elders and deacons, that you can find here who have "repented" of Christianity. You can't handle anyone who has studied and knows their Bible and prayed daily who exits your tribe. In other words, you have no basis to believe what you believe and so you pretend those who realize that THEY had no basis to believe, had no belief in the first place.

I have three words for that: Pah Thet Ick.
The question for you is this: Have you been born again? Anyone who claims to be a Christian and renounces their faith was never born again. Being born again happens the moment you put your trust in Jesus Christ alone for your salvation sincerely. The holy spirit resides in you forever when this happen. Being born again literally changes you and you begin to see things differently and experience life in a whole new light that can only be given by God and not something you can achieve on your own.

Old 08-24-2013, 12:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by manderly6 View Post
Every video you posted is longer than 15 minutes. Most by a lot.
Because those videos are a compilation of several videos he did before. Check his channel to see. Most of his videos are very short and to the point.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality