Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-13-2013, 09:15 PM
B87

11,769 posts, read 10,595,401 times

Advertisements

Someone please answer why we have to constantly develop new vaccines and antibiotics to combat diseases and viruses.

Before anyone says 'that's microevolution, it's different', microevolution and macroevolution are the same process; macroevolution is just the result of long term multiple episodes of microevolution.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-13-2013, 09:59 PM

994 posts, read 1,592,448 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joint heir with jesus View Post
It's been abundantly clear from recent threads that the huge vast majority of atheists (and to a lesser extent agnostics) and nearly all evolutionists place their trust in science over God. There is a reason for this. Can I just remind you brothers and sisters, here in America we have been teaching evolution since creationism was kicked out of public schools. We have indoctrinated our children for decades to believe in evolution at the expense of creation. Colleges and universities reinforce this and hand out poor grades to those who will not think this way.Evolutionists, atheists and the ungodly have the positions of power in the public education system and they do not like to share power!
We seem to be powerless to open the minds of the atheists who, for the most part, remain unbending in their stance against God. Is there a figure as to what percentage of evolutionists are atheists?
To kind of "sum up" my reaction to this I wrote the following:
SCIENCE vs. FAITH
Science questions everything. This is the nature of the beast. That in and of itself, is not a bad thing.
However science is unyieldingly strict and demanding. It allows no exceptions. It sees in black and white only: yes/no, up/down, in/out, left or right.
For a couple of hundred years scientists had recognized a basic law of the universe: cause and effect. There is a cause for EVERY effect: that things DO NOT JUST HAPPEN ON THEIR OWN; that they occur because something or someone CAUSES them to happen. There is no "random or chance occurrence" law. LACK OF FAITH IN GOD has caused even the most "faithful" scientist to abandon this first law! This is the power of the deception on their minds and hearts. Despite refuting the "anything but God!" reply, this is truly how they think. Without a cause the universe would not be here and thus evolution could not take place. The big bang theory being the cause of the creation of the universe has stepped aside in the last couple of years, leaving the atheist/evolutionist with no "first cause" to the beginniong or start of the universe.
Faith allows for and accepts the unexplained and unknown. Science demands logic. It will not be satisfied until the brain is satisfied. Science is a condition- a reflection of the PHYSICAL. Faith is a condition of the heart- a reflection of the SPIRITUAL...
Science says, "Prove there is a God!! Faith knows from the farthest depths of the soul that there is a God and needs no proof. It needs no statistics, formulas, theories, calculations or algorithms. It doesn't need graphs, lines, spread-sheets, or pie charts. Faith defies and overrules logic.
Science can be a prison for the mind. Faith is the key to unlocking the cell door. Faith sees creation and KNOWS that there is a God.
How?
God CREATED faith. He, Himself, has faith!! It's not a random phenomenon. It is a Godly attribute He blessed us all with. EVERYONE has faith- in someone or something. Human beings are hard-wired to have faith. YOU are hard-wired to have faith.
The atheist has faith that there is no God. Faith causes the birds to start chirping at the first light of dawn- not really knowing if the sun will continue to rise or not.
God wrote His laws in our hearts AND in our minds. (Heb. 10:16) - "This is the covenant that I will make with them after those days, saith the Lord. ‘I will put MY LAWS into their HEARTS, and in their MINDS will I write them;..."
These laws placed WITHIN US, are the FOUNDATION of human faith. To deny the existence of God is to deny what your own heart and mind tell you (or once told you when you were young). In effect, you are calling God a liar. Not only that, but you are calling yourself a liar. Has science ever proven that it's beneficial to lie to oneself?
If you are an atheists/evolutionist reading this: science has contradicted the faith that you were born with and you have now rejected it totally. Even the most backward bushman living in the most remote area on earth can look up into the clear night sky, and seeing the stars and planets instinctively KNOW there is something or someone greater than he out there.
Several years ago we had an entire bus of "mentally challenged" people come to our church service. After a basic sermon on God, man, sin and Jesus, all but 3 of them came forward at the end of service to recieve forgiveness of their sins and the free gift of eternal life. Even the mentally challenged understand the reality of God and the need for salvation.
So where does that leave you?
Make no mistake, my brothers and sisters; this is a CHOICE you make. We are all responsible for the
choices we make in life, especially this one.
Science is a snare and a trap. It seeks to enslave the atheist to its way of thinking. It lies to you and deceives you. Science, being focused on and believing only what it can see with its physical eyes and prove, tends to reject faith. Science limits. Because of its tendency to limit, it demands that everything fit precisely together. An example: a box or cube of unknow origin is found on the beach. Science says a box must have: sides, tangible
measurements: height, width, length, depth, total square inches, total cubic inches, volume etc... Once measured,scrutinized, investigated and well tested, science revels in its own proclaimed wisdom and says: "We know everything about this box!"
Science cannot see beyond itself or its own limits. It is like a runaway ego. Sadly, science cannot explain where the box came from in the first place, failing to see that God created it.

Brothers and sisters I am reminded of the "report" of the 12 spies brought back to Moses after they searched the new land which God gave to them.
Numbers 13:30-33
Amplified Bible (AMP)

30 Caleb quieted the people before Moses, and said, Let us go up at once and possess it; we are well able to conquer it.
31 But his fellow scouts said, We are not able to go up against the people [of Canaan], for they are stronger than we are.
32 So they brought the Israelites an evil report of the land which they had scouted out, saying, The land through which we went to spy it out is a land that devours its inhabitants. And all the people that we saw in it are men of great stature.
33 There we saw the Nephilim [or giants], the sons of Anak, who come from the giants; and we were in our own sight as grasshoppers, and so we were in their sight.
"Who's report will you believe?" Evolutionists and atheists believe the report of science, not even understanding that God created a each and every branch of science. Did He use science to create the universe? Sure! Did He use science to create life; man? Sure!
Although (if included) posting a verse within a thread plants a seed, it may be that the best way to help the atheist is to pray for their minds and hearts to be opened by God. Pray for them.
Whether you wish to have faith or not is ultimately up to you but I can tell you that there is no serious debate between science and faith since they are two very different disciplines. Science is belief based on fact and faith is belief based on emotion. Probably 99.999999% of the 'science vs. faith' arguments in society is someone ultimately pushing their political beliefs onto others; they could care less about science or faith (and they aren't as informed or smart as they claim to be). Can you prove faith? Can you disprove it? The answer is NO to both. Does science give a sense of meaning to people? Maybe. Is is a substitute for religion? NO.

Old 09-13-2013, 10:50 PM

5,189 posts, read 5,335,175 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amaznjohn View Post
It certainly is a possibility that a god or gods exist, just not the Abrahamic god.
Oh, I agree. There is no more reason to assert that Yahweh is real than there is to do the same of Odin, Zeus, Vishnu or Baal.

Old 09-14-2013, 05:47 AM

5,458 posts, read 6,715,377 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucidkitty View Post
Says someone who typed this on a computer, powered by a motherboard, powered by electricity, created by a power plant. Yep, faith sure trumps science, don't it :-P?
I've found that people are happy to accept science which makes their life easier while rejecting science that makes their faith more difficult. There's no rhyme or reason other than "I don't like how accepting this makes me feel". Oh well, what can you do.

Old 09-14-2013, 05:48 AM

5,458 posts, read 6,715,377 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by balunman View Post
Evolution is a man made false theory to promote racism and justify slavery. Even it's inventor rejected it before he died.

I reject racism and that's all evolution is.
Poe's law strikes again : it is nearly impossible to distinguish a parody of extremist religious beliefs from genuine ones.

Old 09-14-2013, 06:55 AM

32,530 posts, read 22,029,149 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
I am not an atheist.

Evolution is a fact.

n conclusion, evolution is not observable, repeatable, or refutable and thus does not qualify as either a scientific fact or theory. Evolution must be accepted with faith by its believers, many of whom deny the existence, or at least the power, of the Creator. Similarly, the Biblical account of creation is not observable, repeatable or refutable by man. Special creation is accepted with faith by those who believe that the Bible is the revelation of an omnipotent and omniscient Creator whose Word is more reliable than the speculations of men. Both evolution and creation, however, can be compared for their compatibility with what we do observe of the facts of nature. In the months ahead, we will see that creation by intelligent design is a vastly more reasonable explanation for the origin of the complexity we see in living things than is evolution by mere chance and the intrinsic properties of nature. - Dr. David N. Menton, PhD.

Old 09-14-2013, 08:20 AM

247 posts, read 236,786 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard1965 View Post
n conclusion, evolution is not observable, repeatable, or refutable and thus does not qualify as either a scientific fact or theory. Evolution must be accepted with faith by its believers, many of whom deny the existence, or at least the power, of the Creator. Similarly, the Biblical account of creation is not observable, repeatable or refutable by man. Special creation is accepted with faith by those who believe that the Bible is the revelation of an omnipotent and omniscient Creator whose Word is more reliable than the speculations of men. Both evolution and creation, however, can be compared for their compatibility with what we do observe of the facts of nature. In the months ahead, we will see that creation by intelligent design is a vastly more reasonable explanation for the origin of the complexity we see in living things than is evolution by mere chance and the intrinsic properties of nature. - Dr. David N. Menton, PhD.
Wow, some random guy with a PhD in baraminology says the last 120 years of scientists' have it wrong; ...back to the drawing board guys! (you *do* realize this is the textbook example of "appeal to authority" right?)

Dr. David N. Menton

Old 09-14-2013, 08:51 AM

10,529 posts, read 6,164,567 times
Yes that's the beauty of the internet - a quick google search of this Menton guy and you find this:
Creation and the Appearance of Age

A creationist who wrote this entire article to justify to himself the reasons why things look aged (ie not just shabby chic aged, but billions of years).
Apparently god created things with an aged look.

God is:
Quote:
"perhaps testing our faith by making things appear older than they really are"
How delusional and gullible do you have to be to come up with this garbage?

Last edited by Cruithne; 09-14-2013 at 08:59 AM..

Old 09-14-2013, 09:03 AM

10,202 posts, read 7,920,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KCfromNC View Post
I've found that people are happy to accept science which makes their life easier while rejecting science that makes their faith more difficult. There's no rhyme or reason other than "I don't like how accepting this makes me feel". Oh well, what can you do.
I think you just have absolutely nailed the conundrum that many fundamentalists live with.

Old 09-14-2013, 11:01 AM

32,530 posts, read 22,029,149 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fireandice1000 View Post
Whether you wish to have faith or not is ultimately up to you but I can tell you that there is no serious debate between science and faith since they are two very different disciplines. Science is belief based on fact and faith is belief based on emotion. Probably 99.999999% of the 'science vs. faith' arguments in society is someone ultimately pushing their political beliefs onto others; they could care less about science or faith (and they aren't as informed or smart as they claim to be). Can you prove faith? Can you disprove it? The answer is NO to both. Does science give a sense of meaning to people? Maybe. Is is a substitute for religion? NO.

Science is belief based on theory...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality