Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-15-2007, 08:58 PM

12 posts, read 49,885 times

Advertisements

A long time ago some one broke in my house when me and my wife were in the other room. I grabbed my shotgun and killed him stone dead. I could have runned him off but I killed the man. Will I be forgivin? He was unarmed and tryed to get away I was scared for my wife and family.

good ta meet you all I am new hear.

Old 11-15-2007, 09:02 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,400,633 times
cannt speak for everybody but i forgive you. why should i even have to?
what if you fired in the air and then he shot or stabbed you and then hurt your wife?
who would i then need to forgive?
assuming that someone is in your home and has no intention to harm you and is unarmed, these are very very bad assumptions.

Old 11-15-2007, 09:19 PM

12 posts, read 49,885 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunky39 View Post
cannt speak for everybody but i forgive you. why should i even have to?
what if you fired in the air and then he shot or stabbed you and then hurt your wife?
who would i then need to forgive?
assuming that someone is in your home and has no intention to harm you and is unarmed, these are very very bad assumptions.
Thank you kind sir for that. I knew the guy would not harm us he was young and runnin toward the front door. He was screaming for me not to shoot.
I feel terrible about the insident I really do. I took a life.

Old 11-15-2007, 09:32 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,400,633 times
i have known of people to plead for their life, and then hurt people. moving away does not always mean leaving. its called redeployment. everybody is scared of a shotgun even bad guys. i know though, killing, can be a scar creating experience.
have you considered family counseling for this issue?
it wont hurt. its does not mean you are nuts or did any wrong.
please do not assume that you took an innocent life, unless you know for a fact the criminal history of this individual. hope you feel better.

Old 11-15-2007, 09:47 PM

7,996 posts, read 12,272,201 times
Cletus, what a horrible thing to have happen. What a terrible experience this must have been for you and your wife...No doubt God would of course forgive you; that goes without saying. But I'm just curious: What happened after you shot this man in self defense?

Old 11-15-2007, 10:07 PM

13,640 posts, read 24,505,098 times
Cletus..Your family was first and formost in your mind as it should be..Some stranger broke into your familys place of comfort, safety and security..You did not know this person or what his intent was..You went into the protection mode which is normal..You protected the most precious thing you could ever have..your family..I pray that you will get some good counseling to help you understand and put it in the past...

Old 11-15-2007, 10:13 PM

10,757 posts, read 35,431,714 times
I can completely understand your actions. I would do the same and keep a handgun in my bedside table. I am a single woman living alone with one daughter, I see it as my responsibility to protect her.

I have always known that should I ever have to take such action it would stay with me even if I was justified.

As for the bible, check out the verses just prior to the 10 commandments, in there it says you can take such action against someone who breaks into your house at night.

Old 11-16-2007, 12:05 AM

2,741 posts, read 8,883,583 times
Hi Cletus
Well...anyone who breaks into a home is in no way an "innocent" person. You would not have killed anybody at all, if this guy had had the common sense to stay out of a home that was not his. It was his choice to commit a crime and break in. True, you probably could have just run him off, or held him at gunpoint until the police arrived, so you probably didn't make the best decision. However, in the extreme tension of the moment, it is really hard to think clearly...unless you are trained for those kind of situations, like the police are.
Anyway....what's done is done, you can't change it. Here's the way it is between you and God: killing someone is forgiveable. Some of the most wonderful persons that have ever lived, in the Bible, haved killed people, and God loved them anyway. Moses, the leader of God's people, got angry and killed someone. And King David had a man killed just so he could marry the guys good-looking wife. But God forgave them both. And He will forgive you too! All you gotta do is ask God to forgive you, and He will. Just say a simple prayer, asking Him to forgive you. You could say a prayer, something like this:
Dear God, I'm sorry I took that man's life. I feel so bad that it turned out that way. I come to you now to ask for forgiveness. I am sorry for what I did, and for all my sins, and ask you to wash them all away in the precious blood of Jesus. I ask you Jesus to be my Saviour now, and guide me in my life's path, until that day that I can meet you in Heaven. Help me God to live my life every day, so that I can honor you. Thank you. In Jesus' name. Amen.
If you pray a simple prayer like that...you WILL be forgiven! Don't worry about it too much...because we have all screwed up in one way or another...ALL of us...none of us are perfect.
By the way: I forgive you too! And...welcome to the forum...stick around, there's a lot of good people here....

Bud

Old 11-16-2007, 12:37 AM

2,493 posts, read 4,398,547 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cletus1971 View Post
Thank you kind sir for that. I knew the guy would not harm us he was young and runnin toward the front door. He was screaming for me not to shoot.
I feel terrible about the insident I really do. I took a life.
If you knew he would not harm you, why did you kill him?

you will not find redemption on this board. people will say they understand and it was not your fault. they will say, but you did this to save yourself. but you know the truth in your own heart why you shot this man.

the only way to find some peace is to go back into the community and find someone that you can help. find someone who is hungry, who has come from a broken family, who does not have the opportunities in life that you do. think of him like a son and find a way to help him in life. how you do this is up to you. but do not brag or discuss with others about what you are doing. keep it to yourself.

every life is precious and valuable.

greenie

Old 11-16-2007, 12:49 AM

2,407 posts, read 10,678,691 times
Are you asking in the Christian sense? The Bible teaches that God forgives those who repent.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality