Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-16-2007, 10:17 AM

13,640 posts, read 24,500,581 times

Advertisements

[quote=ST1100;2015027]
Cleatus,
I would think it's pretty much certain that your god will forgive you, after all, doesn't he forgive everything as long as you believe in him? Seems to me like you chaps get a pretty good deal from your 'saviour'. Commit any crime you want and get forgiven!![/quot

People in the UK get the same deal that we do from God if they are believers..Committing any crime we want just to get forgiveness is testing God..Forgiveness comes from sorrow, shame and acknowledgment, and repentance of your crime..You will never make a deal with God..only a true relationship

Last edited by Miss Blue; 11-16-2007 at 10:23 AM.. Reason: fix content

Old 11-16-2007, 10:29 AM

1,125 posts, read 3,523,923 times
Cletus—

When the Ten Commandments teach us not to kill, it actually means not to murder, and murder is normally associated with premeditated actions with intent to gain from the death of the deceased. I know I have killed men in combat. In addition, I am directly responsible for the deaths of three men when I was in law enforcement. I know God holds me blameless.

Killing a man who has violated the sanctity of you home is justifiable under almost all state laws. The fact that you were not prosecuted reveals the state believed your actions were legally justifiable, and you did not commit murder or a lesser offense such as manslaughter.

I feel bad the kid is dead. I feel even worse that he put you in the emotional position you now find yourself, but in the depths of fear, anger, and heightened adrenaline flow, we all defend our lives and ask questions later. It is impossible for me to believe the dead intruder did not consider he might be shot when he entered your home.

Without going into details, I can only tell you the memory of Poly Klass and all of the tragic events surrounding her abduction, rape, and murder haunt me to this day, and I assure you that any uninvited stranger who enters my home in the night with criminal intent will probably be carried out by the coroner.

Old 11-16-2007, 10:31 AM

109 posts, read 205,023 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blue62 View Post
People in the UK get the same deal that we do from God
Thankfully, the God believers here are an ever decreasing minority.

Old 11-16-2007, 10:45 AM

13,640 posts, read 24,500,581 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ST1100 View Post
If what you say is true, then I am very sad for them....

Old 11-16-2007, 10:57 AM

15 posts, read 77,183 times
Default Hi Cletus

Hi Cletus.
Avery sad thing to happen to both of you and also your family, it is obviously bothering you.
All I can say is to people is: "JUDGE NOT LEST THOU BE JUDGED" I don't believe that God Judges anyone, so God has nothing to forgive. It's YOU who must forgive yourself my friend and come to terms with it. Like others have said, whats done is done, and you cannot change whats happened.
In this country it is illegal to attack an intruder who is running away from you, so here you would have been jailed for Murder, the way the law looks at it here is, they are no longer a threat to you if they are going away from you. I have never been in your situation so I cannot say what I would do and nobody else can either. I wish you and your family well, and for the sake of you all, put it behind you.

Old 11-16-2007, 02:54 PM

2,886 posts, read 8,280,229 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cletus1971 View Post
A long time ago some one broke in my house when me and my wife were in the other room. I grabbed my shotgun and killed him stone dead. I could have runned him off but I killed the man. Will I be forgivin? He was unarmed and tryed to get away I was scared for my wife and family.

good ta meet you all I am new hear.
There are a lot of variables; IMO It depends on what you believe in first of all.

Old 11-16-2007, 03:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ST1100 View Post
I wouldn't speak so soon; Chap;
just because we may be on another forum; doesn't imply that we are "out of sight ; out of mind". All of us may not necessarily camp out here; but the Holy Spirit does. He's Omnipresent; Omnipotent; Omniscient>
God Bless You

Old 11-16-2007, 03:16 PM

7,995 posts, read 12,269,337 times
Default The gig is up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cletus1971 View Post

I knew the guy would not harm us he was young and runnin toward the front door. He was screaming for me not to shoot.
I feel terrible about the insident I really do. I took a life.
And therein, my dear cletus, June tells you that you have given yourself away. You see, you cannot on the one hand, tell us that you shot the kid in cold blood, in the back, as he was running for the door, screaming for you not to shoot him, and then turn around a tell us that you feel true remorse. I've worked with incarcerated populations. I know how it works, and from what you are telling us, it doesn't work that way.

And I know you know that.

Old 11-16-2007, 03:31 PM

[
Quote:
QUOTE=june 7th;2018024]And therein, my dear cletus, June tells you that you have given yourself away. You see, you cannot on the one hand, tell us that you shot the kid in cold blood, in the back, as he was running for the door, screaming for you not to shoot him, and then turn around a tell us that you feel true remorse. I've worked with incarcerated populations. I know how it works, and from what you are telling us, it doesn't work that way.

[/quote]

Even though we disagree about our beliefs June;
This is my observation also; actually when I first read the OP
God Bless

Old 11-16-2007, 03:39 PM

3,770 posts, read 10,571,881 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by june 7th View Post
And therein, my dear cletus, June tells you that you have given yourself away. You see, you cannot on the one hand, tell us that you shot the kid in cold blood, in the back, as he was running for the door, screaming for you not to shoot him, and then turn around a tell us that you feel true remorse. I've worked with incarcerated populations. I know how it works, and from what you are telling us, it doesn't work that way.

I concur with with your analogy also
June.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality