Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-15-2013, 12:46 PM

63,775 posts, read 40,030,593 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mordant View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
You misunderstand this mystic, mordant. The problem with your expectation of an ACK is that you are looking for one that would come from a physical person. It is the right brain that receives . . . not the left. It requires that you remove all the distraction of your personal attentiveness to the outside world and its physical signals. That is why we meditate into deeper and deeper altered states. That is the reason for the ".Be still and know that I am God." that Miss Hepburn refers to. Women are already far more right brain sensitive (on average) than men so when they practice it . . . they can invoke the sensitivity more readily even without the altered states.

If you want to test it for yoursellf, mordant it would require that you attune your sensitivity to the state of your entire body . . . nothing outside of it. If you meditate try to perfect this withdrawal from external stimuli to focus only on the internal. When you think you have a feel for the default state of your body . . . then you invoke the ACK request and note what changes in your state. That is candidate one. Ask a yes/no question that you know the answer to is yes. If you get the same change of state . . . that is confirming info. Ask another that you know the answer is no. If you get the same change of state . . . it is discomfirmed. If you do NOT get the same change of state . . . it is confirmed. Rinse repeat as often as you wish until you are consistently getting ACK's to Yes answers and none to No answers. Then ask yes/no questions you do not know the answer to and when you get an ACK (Yes) do your best to find out if the answer really is Yes. Rinse repeat. When your responses are consistently correct . . . that should do the trick. You will know what change of state corresponds to God.
You have actually found consistency despite god not being you and potentially having different priorities or concerns or definitions than you? How would you ever know if you haven't simply found self consistency? After all you are disconnected from the outside world and listening to yourself. When doing that, wouldn't you expect to hear ... yourself?
How would myself know the correct answers to questions I do not know the answers to?

Last edited by MysticPhD; 09-15-2013 at 12:57 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-15-2013, 01:12 PM

19,956 posts, read 13,447,359 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
How would myself know the correct answers to questions I do not know the answers to?
A stopped analog clock is right twice a day. I'm asking if you have found consistently correct answers and how you know they are correct and whether they are correct from your perspective or from some other perspective.

Old 09-15-2013, 02:03 PM

63,775 posts, read 40,030,593 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mordant View Post
A stopped analog clock is right twice a day. I'm asking if you have found consistently correct answers and how you know they are correct and whether they are correct from your perspective or from some other perspective.
Consistently, Yes. Satisfied they are not from me. The only way to have faith in it yourself is to test it yourself. Acquire the right brain discipline and sensitivity necessary . . . if you have the time, the patience or the interest. It takes some time to discern the actual ACK from the many candidates you might have if your discipline or assessment of the default state is incorrect. I am content and have no need to convince anyone else . . . just witness to it.

Caveat: Try to use non-trivial questions that have some spiritual component to them . . . but are answerable to your satisfaction. God really has little interest in our physical existence and concerns except as they affect our spiritual development.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality