U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-16-2007, 05:33 AM

613 posts, read 1,153,878 times

Advertisements

i had an interesting thought just now...that might disprove the creation of the universe by a basic law of physics...though science is ever changing and that law might be changed in the future..im curious if one of you atheists will pick up on it...and say it for me
but anyways this is what i believe(ill keep it short):
"god" residing in a timeless matterless realm came up with the idea of matter and time thus creating a realm in which there is matter and time. after awhile "he" came up with life in this realm of matter and time. this life would use matter through time to grow and do everything associated with life. he then compiled the matter needed to support this life, and life evolved. after awhile he became intrigued with his creation of matter and time and life. he then decided to insert himself in this realm, and was incarnated as humans thus splitting himself into individuals. after awhile these individuals became obsessed with matter and time and became slaves to it. they forgot about their original nature and became stuck in an endless cyclistic existence in the realm that they created.
now this is more complexed im sure...but words are limiting..and that is basically how i think things came to be....
how do you see it?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-16-2007, 06:09 AM

7,099 posts, read 23,885,607 times
Reminds me of the plot of a good science fiction novel that I once read. The main difference, as I remember, was that the 'power' was sort of a wind that could be felt blowing about the universes. Sometimes it favored one group of beings, and then, it would move on to another. Humans were merely a curiousity to it.

Old 11-16-2007, 06:24 AM

7,788 posts, read 10,443,690 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Padgett2 View Post

Reminds me of the plot of a good science fiction novel that I once read.
Not quite sure about the science fiction part, Padgett, but I see where you're going...

--Sounds more like allah's been reading either Paramhansa Yogananda, or "The Tao of Physics."

(Which by the way, June recommends the latter of the two.)

Old 11-16-2007, 07:11 AM

6,715 posts, read 12,036,959 times
My only question is: Who created the creator?

Old 11-16-2007, 08:25 AM

14,195 posts, read 7,399,448 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GCSTroop View Post
Does space have an end?
He has no begining and no end, He is eternal
Hope this helps

Old 11-16-2007, 10:05 AM

3,162 posts, read 10,294,821 times
Well imho, the cosmic consciousness, or the unmanifested infinity, the father, must have been really bored after a life of infinity and eternity and wanted to have some fun, so he projected the thoughts of his consciousness into the void, while watching what his consciousness would do in a dimension where creation is unexistant, this projection of his consciousness is the son of God, or the Christ consciousness, the intelligence who guides creation and evolution, responsible for the laws of this creation, such as gravity or karma.

He first spent an unknown amount of time, but it must have been a really huge amount of time unmesurable in our human timescales, thinking just about universe, brainstorming ideas and ideas and projecting them into the void, until he had a universe of ideas, thus creating the causal plane, or eidos.

One of the ideas or concepts that he created in the causal plane, was relativity he used this idea and applied it to his infinity to divide his single being into several, but only relatively because in essence he is just one, then he created duality dividing his self into night and day, male and female, positive and negative, etc. He also created individuality so every part of his spirit would have autonomy from his cosmic consciousness and something unique would make each being different from each other.

After having the ideas and concepts blueprints of what he wanted, his thoughts started to stir the sea of his mind, this stirring created waves, vibrations of intelligent cosmic energy aka prana or vitatrons, he used this "light" which is the cosmic vibration of OM or the Holy spirit to create ethereal forms of inmense beauty until he had a universe of intelligent light and energy, thus effectively creating the astral plane or heaven

Then one of his angels, who was endowed with creative powers, just like the rest of his children, was asked to create the physical plane, which he did, he was supposed to merge again into the cosmic consciousness after finishing this task, but his individuality made him grew attached to his "creation" so he used this creative powers to come with a plan to live forever, this could only be attained fooling God's children into the physical plane and it's limitations effectively making them forget about their divine origins and prone to his inffluence, he then delude a very special creation of God, Man and Woman to use their creative powers to manifest themselves in fleshy containers or bodies and unite themselves in sexual intercourse, when they did this, they became prisioners of the physical plane and it's limitations , and prisioners of the limited physical body, who has to grow old and die among many other things, but this was all part of God's plan as he is mischevious he knows that nothing is really happening and that no one is being really harmed, that's why he lets this game to go on, to make it really interesting he gave us free will and the magnetic power of spirit which is love, to use it to come back to him, we have free will to fall in love with God and in that love melt again into his cosmic concsiousness aka nirvana or to fall prey of the body and it's weaknesses, perpetuating the life and death cycle until we decide to break it.

Old 11-16-2007, 10:16 AM

3,086 posts, read 5,561,142 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by allah truth View Post
"god" residing in a timeless matterless realm came up with the idea of matter and time thus creating a realm in which there is matter and time. after awhile "he" came up with life in this realm of matter and time.
This is how I see it too.. matter and time are creations of God. To us, because we are matter, it seems like the only thing that is real! And yet, God invented it... so... "matter, time, and life" are not "real"..they are for this life only.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GCSTroop View Post
... and that is why this question does not need an answer (or, it is impossible for us to fathom an answer). In a realm outside the need to "be created" or "exist" in the sense that we know existence, God has always been.

Old 11-16-2007, 10:26 AM

9,742 posts, read 9,058,667 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cg81 View Post
... and that is why this question does not need an answer (or, it is impossible for us to fathom an answer). In a realm outside the need to "be created" or "exist" in the sense that we know existence, God has always been.
If it is possible for God to have always existed, it is also possible for the universe, in some form, to have always existed.

Since I have empirical evidence for the universe and none for God, I must use Occam's Razor in eliminating God as an explanation.

Old 11-16-2007, 10:38 AM

3,086 posts, read 5,561,142 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nvxplorer View Post
If it is possible for God to have always existed, it is also possible for the universe, in some form, to have always existed.

Since I have empirical evidence for the universe and none for God, I must use Occam's Razor in eliminating God as an explanation.
The only difference is I am saying that God is outside the law of physics.. and so He could have always existed. Do you believe in the existence of anything outside the laws of physics or matter/life/time?

Old 11-16-2007, 10:48 AM

9,742 posts, read 9,058,667 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cg81 View Post
The only difference is I am saying that God is outside the law of physics.. and so He could have always existed.
The universe could have always existed, in different forms, under different physical laws, or under laws we don't yet understand. We don't know, but we do know that the universe exists.
Quote:
Do you believe in the existence of anything outside the laws of physics or matter/life/time?
I believe that there is much we don't know. I believe in the possibility that there may be things we haven't the capacity to understand. This is as far as I will go because anything else would be intellectually dishonest.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality