Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-02-2013, 12:45 PM

2,040 posts, read 2,459,195 times

Advertisements

Jesus believed in a God, but wasn't a Christian. So of course non-christians believe in a God just as all Jews do.

Posted with TapaTalk
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-02-2013, 12:58 PM

28,100 posts, read 29,963,441 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bludy-L View Post
Jesus believed in a God, but wasn't a Christian. So of course non-christians believe in a God just as all Jews do.
That was a very clever and astute answer!

Old 10-02-2013, 03:14 PM

3,040 posts, read 5,001,605 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OzzyRules View Post
I always find it strange to hear someone say that a non-Christian (Jewish, Muslim, Mormon, etc) believes in God, but they just don't believe in Jesus Christ.

To me, that is a huge mistake. If anyone doesn't believe in Jesus Christ, then they don't believe in God either.

Or maybe it is more accurate to say, they don't *trust* God.

What do you think?
By your remark "but they just don't believe in Jesus Christ" this makes them a non-Christian, I don't see any problem here.
How can one believe in a God and not believe that Jesus is a God, very simple, one doesn't have to have the same view point about Jesus as Christians do. God is not a Christian, nor do I think that God is of any religion. There are a lot of people who respect Jesus as the Christ, but not God incarnate. The Christ is a title bestowed upon Jesus, it isn't his last name. There have been many Christ like people through out the ages, this doesn't just belong to Jesus, although, most Christians believe that Jesus is the one and only Christ, they're free to believe what they choose as are all people.

Jesus was a Jew, he died a Jew, he wasn't a Christian. Even the burial ceremony give to Jesus was Jewish.

Jesus was a great teacher and had a spirit that wasn't unique, it is the same spirit that is within all things, the same can be said for Krishna, Zoralastor, Buddha, Mohammed ect.

Old 10-03-2013, 01:23 AM

4,550 posts, read 11,698,696 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by julian17033 View Post
Your own religious dogma has blinded you to other religions and other variances within the Christian population as a whole.

Having been raised in the Assembly Of God church I can fully understand and relate to your blindness.

Your blindness and programming that dictate that it's either Evangelical mainline Christianities doctrine of either believe as we do or forever burn in hell is both sadly laughable and patently absurd.

Absurd is the word for sure. Such a question....

Old 10-04-2013, 12:46 AM

7,801 posts, read 6,374,746 times
Quote:
Most people here don't seem to understand my original point.
Do not make the common error of mistaking disagreement and schooling as lack of understanding. We understand your "point" perfectly. We are just explaining to you why the "point" is nonsense.

Old 12-05-2013, 07:00 PM

12,918 posts, read 16,865,381 times
Quote:
I started this thread in Christianity but it was moved here.
Now I remember why this topic seemed out of place for the general religion forum. The question was intended for Christian discussion. I never would have posed such a question this way in a general religious area.

Old 12-05-2013, 07:40 PM

11,110 posts, read 9,814,649 times
Quote:
Now I remember why this topic seemed out of place for the general religion forum. The question was intended for Christian discussion. I never would have posed such a question this way in a general religious area.
Yeah, when you want to know what non-Christians believe, you definitely don't want to make the mistake of actually asking them.

Old 12-05-2013, 07:49 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,184,822 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unsettomati View Post
Yeah, when you want to know what non-Christians believe, you definitely don't want to make the mistake of actually asking them.

Good catch.

Old 12-05-2013, 09:13 PM

12,918 posts, read 16,865,381 times
Yes, this thread became meaningless to me after it was moved out of the Christian forum. I realize that the subforums are not private, but I at least had hoped to be able to ask a question about other religions to get a Christian view. Maybe I should have looked for a private Christian forum. My mistake and error.

Old 12-06-2013, 02:06 AM

50,088 posts, read 20,723,660 times
Which the moderators corrected for you, Ozzy. Posting a question about whether other believers in God God but not in Jesus can possibly really believe in God (1) put only to Christians is at best an unintentionally biased subject as few non - Christians are going to respond, or was intentionally biased to get get 'yes, we all agree with you that non - Christians do not REALLY believe in God' responses.

There are many who fervently believe in God and yet think that to identify Jesus with God was an error and a bad mistake. You won't agree with them, of course, but the fact is that there is no logical reason to say that they cannot really believe in God just because they don't see Jesus as identical with God, any more than it is logically right for them to say that you cannot really believe in God if you do see Jesus as God.

It took the thread being moved here, Ozz, to get that pointed out to you. It was right that it should be so, and would be a shame if you now mutter that you never intended to get any response that the ones you wanted to hear and jammed your fingers in your ears.

(1) Op -"If anyone doesn't believe in Jesus Christ, then they don't believe in God either."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality