Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-04-2013, 04:58 AM

50,087 posts, read 20,691,451 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supine View Post
....But we are grown people, we make our choices, you'll have no one to blame but yourself if you end up burning eternally in hell. No one will shed any tears over you.
Edit..nope, no comment needed.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-04-2013, 01:47 PM

855 posts, read 623,820 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supine View Post
I wonder how true this is? The person in the video appears to be an American or Canadian (likely white from the sound of the voice) and reading the story of this former Buddhist monk.

The former Buddhist monks seems to have experienced hell and the path to heaven so vividly that he converted to Christianity. Supposedly seeing Sidhartha Buddha burn in hell along with other Buddhist monks.

If I live 58 more years on this earth--I'm 42 now--and receive mock or derision from agnostics and atheists over Christianity then that is a tiny price to pay, if I'll be in heaven for 60 trillion years living in a state of orgasm, peace, and tranquility while they burn in hell for 60 trillion years and longer (eternity) for their Judas money bag of "coolness" they received for a 70 or 80 years of partying on earth and being the "cool" peeps.

Everyone in hell hates each other and even wife and husband their children will all hate each other for eternity in hell. No love exists in hell. Just hate. Sorrow. Perpetual Remorse. And never ending torture. Those in heaven don't care about those damned to hell. Children in heaven don't care about their parents damned to hell.

Buddhist Monk Died and Saw the Hell (Heaven and Hell Visit True Real Story) - YouTube
I suspect this could just be propaganda to get more converts to
Christianity.

Not only that, but, if he truly went to hell, he apparently came back,
proving that a destination for hell isn't necessarily an eternal
arrangement.

ETA: In looking at the comments below the video over at YouTube,
one person says that the video originated from Asia Harvest, an
evangelism group back in 2000, and which has been proven fake for
the reasons I've already mentioned above.

More can be found at this site, although a couple of the links therein
are no longer working: Christians Debunk Resurrection of Buddhist Monkin Myanmar

-

Old 12-12-2013, 09:30 PM

1 posts, read 2,318 times
If you think that an orgasm is peaceful and tranquil - well, you're doing it wrong.

Old 12-12-2013, 09:56 PM

8,390 posts, read 11,597,224 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LindyCorn View Post
If you think that an orgasm is peaceful and tranquil - well, you're doing it wrong.
LMAO!!!!
I would agree with you, and who pray tell resurrected this thread, pun intended.

Old 12-13-2013, 07:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rayjeena View Post
Christianity.

arrangement.

are no longer working: Christians Debunk Resurrection of Buddhist Monkin Myanmar

-
Well, it is certainly conversion propaganda, but is it true? It seems to have a Christian - theology basis to it rather than a Buddhist one.

Was this fellow ever a buddhist monk, for real? Can any Myanmar monastery confirm that he was on of their Pongyis? It is the easiest thing in the world to shave a guy's head, dress him in a Saffron robe and ghet him to tell his story.

Old 12-13-2013, 07:17 AM

Quote:
Christianity.

arrangement.

-
Well, it is certainly conversion propaganda, but is it true? It seems to have a Christian - theology basis to it rather than a Buddhist one.

Was this fellow ever a Buddhist monk, for real? Can any Myanmar monastery confirm that he was one of their Pongyis? It is the easiest thing in the world to shave a guy's head, dress him in a Saffron robe and get him to tell his story.

He does give details of his Monks' name and the Mandalay monastery where he was supposed to have remained as a permanent monk. The pictures are not to be taken too seriously. The Monks' robes in one photo are the orange of Thailand, Cambodia and Srilanka, not the purple of Burma. This monk had no photos of his own community by his 'donating' family during six years of monkhood? Note also that this is not common. Novices are not permanently donated. They leave to live a normal family life, and go back again when they wish. Unless they feel a vocation as a permanent monk and choose to stay.

"Paul"'s story seems to take it for granted that, once donated, you stay a monk. But he is obviously a Myanma - speaker though he has an American accent of the kind (I suggest) that you wouldn't get without being brought up in the US.

So there are a lot of fishy things about this story.

Old 07-03-2016, 03:47 PM

2 posts, read 3,250 times
Simply calling yourself a "Christian" and going to Church on Sundays will not guarantee one a place in Heaven. In fact, even commiting your life to the "priesthood" will not guarantee you a place in Heaven. Also, memorizing every verse in the Bible will not guarantee one a place in Heaven.

The only way to get to Heaven is to believe in God and here's the important part: Do what he asks/follow his word.

Not to pick on the protestants, but I can't get over how many of them know the Bible but don't actually follow it in their everyday lives. Many Catholics are also guilty of this too.

To get to Heaven, one must first tear themself from the lies of the world. If they are afraid to be an individual and question everything, even their "religious teaching" from Church leaders in any religion that may go against the teachings of the Bible, then I don't think that they will be able to enter Heaven. At least this is what Jesus leads me to believe when he says that we must not be hypocrites like the Pharisees. Remember, they were high church leaders of Jesus' time.

Old 07-03-2016, 03:56 PM

2 posts, read 3,250 times
Quote:
[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]I suspect this could just be propaganda to get more converts to[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]Christianity.[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]Not only that, but, if he truly went to hell, he apparently came back,[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]proving that a destination for hell isn't necessarily an eternal[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]arrangement. [/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]ETA[/FONT][FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]: In looking at the comments below the video over at YouTube,[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]one person says that the video originated from Asia Harvest, an[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]evangelism group back in 2000, and which has been proven fake for[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]the reasons I've already mentioned above. [/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]More can be found at this site, although a couple of the links therein[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]are no longer working: [/FONT][URL="http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=2&ved=0CDAQ FjAB&url=http%3A%2F%2Fetb-pseudoscience.blogspot.com%2F2012%2F04%2Fchristian s-debunk-resurrection-of.html&ei=eJKfUvKxOfe0sATX14GgCw&usg=AFQjCNH5l2ch E0kr2fUofrSEwQ_ae7_MHg&sig2=i15goSkrXiU6M0aO59vRNw &bvm=bv.57155469,d.cWc"][FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]Christians Debunk Resurrection of Buddhist Monk[/FONT][FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]in Myanmar[/FONT][/URL]

-
Except your forgetting one thing...

The words "unless God wanted to simply show him hell rather than having him die and go there"

God has shown many people what hell is like as sort of a gift so that they can avoid going there themselves and also save others from going there.

When you die and get sent into the fire, it is too late for you. One cannot get out.

But a NDE in which the body is still able to inhabit the spirit, will sometimes be given more time on Earth by God. Usually, this is a gift from God because God still has a "mission" for those people on Earth and their time for eternal life or eternal misery based on their deeds has not yet come.

Old 07-04-2016, 08:35 AM

23,125 posts, read 10,426,638 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rider's Pantheon View Post
Jesus was condemned by the immoral doctrine of terrorism(the OT) for healing on the Sabbath(like the man picking up sticks), and for preaching the way he did, yet Jesus never lifted a finger against that horrible doctrine. He props up the tin God of terrorism as the "one" God in Heaven. In contrast, Buddha teaches that the most important thing in life is to live by the right doctrine, and to be skeptical, to not be fooled by miracles. That makes Buddha WAAAAAAYYY more wiser than Jesus. Buddha had the advantage of coming from the Dharma, which is rooted in freedom. Jesus, imprisoned and controlled by the evil, lying OT, without a choice in the matter, had three strikes against him right out of the box. Just to lyk
Whatever Buddha says came from Solomon and the teaching that were available 700 years after Solomon. Buddha quotes Solomon word for word in many places and Solomon lived 700 years before Buddha and yet Buddha claims that he got his teachings from a source even older than Solomon, I aint buying it. Buddha is famous and loved just because he is quoting the bible.

Old 09-01-2016, 01:36 AM

2 posts, read 2,214 times
I am white and from Utah I was the one who made the video lol I took down the original as I did not feel well about promoting a story that I could not verify was true. But since then people have re downloaded and it is now out of my control.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality