Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-30-2013, 04:56 PM

21,020 posts, read 19,379,197 times

Advertisements

First, as background, he is a devout Catholic and feels the Holy Spirit inspred him writing
this book.
The reason I'm posting is bec he is not the first one that has said, "Jesus never
said, Abba Abba, why have You forsaken me?"
I mean haven't you thought how could God have abandoned him?
It never computed to me.
Mr. O'Riley doesn't care what was added to the Bible....he is very clear....the
Romans wanted Jesus to die fast bec of the crowd...they did not give him the usual
"butt rest"...as you may know ...you die of suffication.
As I have heard before...no one would have been close enough to ever
hear him....even if he could have whispered it...which that alone is doubtful...
because of the horrible crush of his lungs, etc.

Comments. What do ya think of Bill, that's ok, too.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-30-2013, 05:29 PM

37,337 posts, read 28,289,070 times
I believe that he did say it, in that moment he felt the experience of what it feels like to be man separated from God in his thinking. The reality is we are not separated.

The scripture says he tasted death for every man. There is no greater death in my opinion than the feeling that comes from the assumption of being separated from God.

Old 09-30-2013, 05:50 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,181,167 times
From what I've seen of O'Riley (99% clips-of, or interviews-with, on The Daily Show or Letterman) he seems someone who is nearly as clever as he thinks he is - but not quite. He has blind spots, as do many of us - but unlike most of us, he gets to advertise his to a wide audience.

He would not be among the first people I would turn to in the news media, if I really wanted to know and understand what was going on.

Old 09-30-2013, 05:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
I believe that he did say it, in that moment he felt the experience of what it feels like to be man separated from God in his thinking. The reality is we are not separated.

The scripture says he tasted death for every man. There is no greater death in my opinion than the feeling that comes from the assumption of being separated from God.
I have heard many level headed teachers teach on this.They believe it, also.
It's a pretty new concept to change.
I'm still pretty simple....my Father, Jesus' Father never abandoned him ever, or me.
BUT, that is just me....really, you and others can believe whatever...it doesn't change our love
for God.
It's just a detail, I suppose.

Old 09-30-2013, 06:13 PM

9,616 posts, read 12,916,589 times
Default Separation from "What Dreams May Come".... is more likely!

Quote:
There is no greater death in my opinion than the feeling that comes from the assumption of being separated from God.
Wow! Well, good for you. For me, however, since I finally dropped God from my life at about age 25, I've never felt more free, more capable of entertaining my own thoughts without guilt or class separation, and never more capable of handling anything that comes along!

And why?? Because I am not under any mandate nor threat of HELL!!!! (<gasp!>). But if you must, have that in your life, pcamps, you go ahead and enjoy such strictured "guidance", which places you in that large and less-well-educated social cohort of spiritually dependent people.

PS: I'm in that other well-identified genetic species camp of "The UnDependent!"

Old 09-30-2013, 06:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn View Post
I have heard many level headed teachers teach on this.They believe it, also.
It's a pretty new concept to change.
I'm still pretty simple....my Father, Jesus' Father never abandoned him ever, or me.
BUT, that is just me....really, you and others can believe whatever...it doesn't change our love
for God.
It's just a detail, I suppose.
I don't believe the Father abandoned him, what I do believe is Jesus felt the feeling we have of being abandoned. The truth is we are not separated from God, we just believe we are.

Old 09-30-2013, 06:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rifleman View Post
Wow! Well, good for you. For me, however, since I finally dropped God from my life at about age 25, I've never felt more free, more capable of entertaining my own thoughts without guilt or class separation, and never more capable of handling anything that comes along!

And why?? Because I am not under any mandate nor threat of HELL!!!! (<gasp!>). But if you must, have that in your life, pcamps, you go ahead and enjoy such strictured "guidance", which places you in that large and less-well-educated social cohort of spiritually dependent people.

PS: I'm in that other well-identified genetic species camp of "The UnDependent!"
And good for you too Rifleman. ps there is no eternal hell, that was created by men who believe in separation from God.

Old 09-30-2013, 06:25 PM

Whatdoyano, here's a link I found...

Top 5 Moments From Bill O’Reilly’s ‘Killing Jesus’ Interview With ’60 Minutes’ | Video | TheBlaze.com

Old 09-30-2013, 06:32 PM

11,110 posts, read 9,812,975 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn View Post
First, as background, he is a devout Catholic and feels the Holy Spirit inspred him writing this book.
The reason I'm posting is bec he is not the first one that has said, "Jesus never
said, Abba Abba, why have You forsaken me?"
I mean haven't you thought how could God have abandoned him?
It never computed to me.
Mr. O'Riley doesn't care what was added to the Bible....he is very clear....the
Romans wanted Jesus to die fast bec of the crowd...they did not give him the usual
"butt rest"...as you may know ...you die of suffication.
As I have heard before...no one would have been close enough to ever
hear him....even if he could have whispered it...which that alone is doubtful...
because of the horrible crush of his lungs, etc.

Comments. What do ya think of Bill, that's ok, too.
Either that, or he knows the shtick that sells.

Something tells me that with Bill 'The Falafel King' O'Reilly, it's royalties and not piety behind pretty much everything he claims about this book he supposedly wrote.

Old 09-30-2013, 06:37 PM

Quote:
I don't believe the Father abandoned him, what I do believe is Jesus felt the feeling we have of being abandoned. The truth is we are not separated from God, we just believe we are.
Ah, I see.

Btw, between you,me and the bedpost....when I was a devout Catholic teen saying my Rosary
each night...one night I had a dream...I woke myself up from the dream because in it
I became aware of the "feeling", the shocking realization of being...completely and
totally abandoned or cast away somehow from the Presence of God.
It was a very dark weird place...much like in 'What Dreams May Come'.
The profound depth of that empty, desolate horror was terrorizing for me as a young person.
As you can see it was very real, still.
Why I had it , I dunno, bec I will never leave my Father or lose a drop of faith in Him.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality