U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 06-13-2010, 11:11 PM

7,884 posts, read 4,544,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EarthBound? View Post
Maybe if one was to combined the idea of Creationism with Evolution to the point that the Creator set things in motion and let them play through as a natural course of events.
Ah well you see, this is the latest move from theists....."Theistic Evolution". The time has come (as we knew it would) when theist who don't wish to be seen as total idiots are beginning to accept the overwhelming evidence for evolution (Catholic Church in point). So, with the ever mounting and undeniable evidence that our brave lads and lassies in the labs are presenting us with, what are they to do??

Easy!

They simply change what they have, for hundreds of years, believed and touted as "Truth" (capital T for added effect). Simple as that! The ideas that they have so vehemently opposed for the past 150 years and labelled as "The Work Of Satan"..... now become acceptable...with the proviso that "Goddunit"!

The previously claimed 'Work Of Satan' suddenly becomes 'The Work of God'!!

Brilliant 'eh?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-13-2010, 11:13 PM

22,850 posts, read 10,726,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rifleman View Post
Yeah... "something like" that..." You've almost got it after all these posts, Mystic my friend. Just drop that spiritual, supernatural part and you'll finally have it dead-right!

...(with slight British accent...) "By George, I think he's got it!!!"

Night-night, y'all!!
Please rifleman, my friend. You have read far too many of my posts to NOT know that I do NOT believe in anything SUPERNATURAL . . . IT doesn't exist!! Pay attention.

Old 06-14-2010, 05:02 AM

9,621 posts, read 6,692,953 times
Default "It's Ah-LIVE!!!!!!"

Wellllllll... that depends on whether we agree that The Greater Universal Field theory is supernatural, or if it truly exists, and not, say, The Reverse Binary sub-Universal Theory of Transient Relativity.

I'm working on that in my lab right now!

http://www.paddlinginstructor.com/im..._scientist.jpg

("Science will NOT be denied, nor will it investigate the absurd!" Dr. rflmn™, 2010)

Old 06-14-2010, 06:47 AM

7,739 posts, read 6,351,117 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EarthBound? View Post
I like it

The same evolutionary ladder from which so many people are afraid of, the same that science uses to help us under stand our existence from the very beginning. Basically from the earth , gee sound like another type of teaching.
It was just a little comment on the euphemism of "ladder." It was to be a teaching moment. Ladder or "chain" for that matter, are not the best understandiing of evolution, if we're being pedantic and all.

Old 06-14-2010, 08:06 AM

2,333 posts, read 1,502,066 times
Besides Creationism along with the idea of Evolution in Geological History there was Velakovsky's catastrophism. The Jurassic Age is very accommodating to the theory of the catastrophe in the Excess of the universal Idea of hmmm...? Articulation?? 'survival of the fittest', 'god helps only those who help themselves', OR 'there is no free lunch'.

Old 06-14-2010, 08:31 AM

22,850 posts, read 10,726,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rifleman View Post
Wellllllll... that depends on whether we agree that The Greater Universal Field theory is supernatural, or if it truly exists, and not, say, The Reverse Binary sub-Universal Theory of Transient Relativity.

I'm working on that in my lab right now!

http://www.paddlinginstructor.com/im..._scientist.jpg

("Science will NOT be denied, nor will it investigate the absurd!" Dr. rflmn™, 2010)
There isn't a reputable scientist (including ALL the greatest) who denies that "some kind of field" is responsible for the attributes of the universe and our reality, rifleman. Get over it.

Old 06-14-2010, 08:44 AM

2,333 posts, read 1,502,066 times
So what is it that is lab. oriented deduction from thought experiment oriented deduction? Evolution itself failed the mark, but so did creationism not make progress towards a better LABORATORY context.

Now the world wants that against conventionalist sciences. The consumerism for the Nation cannot be justified for changes in the influences of government upon our BILDUNG (public education system [ideally thought]. Consumerism is just a hinderance for denying exploitation of the masses.

Last edited by tgnostic; 06-14-2010 at 08:52 AM..

Old 06-15-2010, 02:28 PM

9,621 posts, read 6,692,953 times
Default Lurking Truthisms

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
There isn't a reputable scientist (including ALL the greatest) who denies that "some kind of field" is responsible for the attributes of the universe and our reality, rifleman. Get over it.
1) Who said I was reputable, and all the "luggage" that attends?

2) Get over what?

3) If it's just "some sort of field", then why not my Binary model? Who says yours is "top gun" after all? Esp. since none of us will ever be able to prove any of it....

As my Atlanta, Georgia based friend says so often "The futha we think the more compli-mah-cayted it all gits!" Then he adds "So.. let's jist have a beer!"

I know why I like this guy!

Old 06-15-2010, 06:28 PM

5,813 posts, read 7,174,922 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tgnostic View Post
So what is it that is lab. oriented deduction from thought experiment oriented deduction? Evolution itself failed the mark, but so did creationism not make progress towards a better LABORATORY context.

Now the world wants that against conventionalist sciences. The consumerism for the Nation cannot be justified for changes in the influences of government upon our BILDUNG (public education system [ideally thought]. Consumerism is just a hindrance for denying exploitation of the masses.
Just another way of "evolving", Right? Maybe someday in the far future they will be looking back at us in a show case and say, "What a bunch of heathens". And we will be sitting along side the Dino's from the Jurassic Period.

Old 06-15-2010, 10:20 PM

7,739 posts, read 6,351,117 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tgnostic View Post

Now the world wants that against conventionalist sciences. The consumerism for the Nation cannot be justified for changes in the influences of government upon our BILDUNG (public education system [ideally thought]. Consumerism is just a hinderance for denying exploitation of the masses.
You lost me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality