Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-18-2013, 10:19 AM

9,616 posts, read 12,916,589 times

Advertisements

For today's fun-fest read, I found and opened this amazing story.

Could Noah's Ark really hold all the animals that were supposed to be preserved from Flood?

...from this site:

Christian Answers Network [Home]

If you really want a good hooty-dootie laugh-fest, scroll down to the section on the fabled Ark holding all the necessary number of species. (Natch, the propagators of this propaganda fest always ignore the requirement for saving all the earth's terrestrial and aquatic plants!)

Nope! That plant element didn't occur to them now did it? Nor did the biochemical effects of salinity when all the globe's water was nicely mixed into some new saline-fresh combo via the fludd. Not in God's plan I suppose...

Yet... hmmm... How does a dandelion species survive 10 - 20 months of being inundated under a saline/fresh mix? Not to mention the effect of the cold and dark environs, with no photosynthesis, no nutrients, no daily light regime...

(Yes, I know: dey dandelions be purty durned resilient plants! I know this from my own lawn care efforts, but still...)

Of particular note is that all the utterly non-ed-jhah-ky-tuddhh types here do not understand [and don't want to neither...] that aquatic species (your basic cuthroat trout pulled from a river near you, for instance, or an oceanic herring or tuna or the like, plus any and all barnacles, sea anemones, corals, oceanic plants and so on...) are all OK-fine simply because they are in "water"..

Are you ready to drink nothing but ocean water for a refreshment from now on? Yes? This I gotta see!

Meaning, for the slower readers here: all "water" composition is NOT the same. Do this: go down to your local pet store, purchase a nice fresh water goldfish (hey; it may well be sacrificed for your intellectual betterment, n'KAY? But if you are right, they will easily survive this salinity test and you'll perhaps get a refund...) and then have the store guy carefully lower said fishie into the salt water tank he has on site.

Count the seconds for how long your Sacrificial Goldfish lasts.

Learn anything?

Not to mention that no single pair of anything, (like two e.coli? Two herring? Two great white sharks?...) just casually tossed off the Ark's bow back into the churning but now lifeless seas post- 18 month long fludd, and absent any available food types like micro-sea life, can survive and provide the necessary numbers to successfully repopulate, for example, an entire global population of all deer, antelope, ground squirrels, rats, squid, salmon, trout... and so on.

Q: what will those two lone deer or two antelopes or two weasels live on? Dead tree leaves? Dead and rotted mouse skeleton? Very dead and rotted grass? Hmmm? Tell me, oh knowledgeable ones! I await your incandescent info stream!

And so... to summarize: Can you imagine such thoughtless techno-illiteracy claimed to be The Absolute Truth? Esp. when the factual alternatives are provided for anyone to openly read? They won't read it of course, it being "The Written Spawn of Satan..."

And so it goes. Fall to your knees, thou insistent but belligerent "postates for God", and cling to your vast illiteracy.

After all, if it saves the faith of just one church-brainwashed child or a proud non-thinker, well then... I guess it's worth it, huh?

Last edited by rifleman; 10-18-2013 at 10:27 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-18-2013, 10:46 AM

5,187 posts, read 6,941,124 times
Ask God when you get there Rifleman, He'll fill you in, however He'll say probably why did you waste your time on that small stuff, dimensions ?, when you should have paid more attention to how disobedient and small-minded man is in not following Him. It only took Noah 120 years to build this Ark and yet no man took heed(except 8), nothing has changed today, still man's arrogance and it is all about me to get things done. No one person has all the answers to the Bible some things same
illogical, a hard concept to grasp , time in Heaven is different than time here on Earth, I could care less about the mathematics and geometric dimensions, I just have faith that it happened, we are all simple-minded compared when it comes to the concept and realization of our Savior. After all everything is from Him.

So before you go putting people down, you should look at yourself first, maybe you are the non-thinker.

Old 10-18-2013, 11:10 AM

31,373 posts, read 20,181,167 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by perry335654 View Post
Ask God when you get there Rifleman, He'll fill you in, however He'll say probably why did you waste your time on that small stuff, dimensions ?, when you should have paid more attention to how disobedient and small-minded man is in not following Him. It only took Noah 120 years to build this Ark and yet no man took heed(except 8), nothing has changed today, still man's arrogance and it is all about me to get things done. No one person has all the answers to the Bible some things same
illogical, a hard concept to grasp , time in Heaven is different than time here on Earth, I could care less about the mathematics and geometric dimensions, I just have faith that it happened, we are all simple-minded compared when it comes to the concept and realization of our Savior. After all everything is from Him.

So before you go putting people down, you should look at yourself first, maybe you are the non-thinker.
I don't understand how people can believe things that make no sense.

Old 10-18-2013, 11:39 AM

10,607 posts, read 11,657,736 times
Quote:

Wow!!!!! It took 120 years to build a boat ???? Must not have been a very good carpenter and I imagine goffer wood was in short supply let alone nails.....

Old 10-18-2013, 12:05 PM

10,202 posts, read 7,920,960 times
Hey rifleman, you know the answer don't you?

You have to have faith.!

Which is what the fundamental is always come back to when they don't have an answer.

Old 10-18-2013, 12:11 PM

5,187 posts, read 6,941,124 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ptsum View Post
Wow!!!!! It took 120 years to build a boat ???? Must not have been a very good carpenter and I imagine goffer wood was in short supply let alone nails.....

I imagine goffer wood was in short supply.

Old 10-18-2013, 12:21 PM

Quote:

All assumptions on your part, despite the bevy of established facts. I also ask you to post where I have demonstrated abject & illogical non-thinking in my open debating points. Any time, man!

FACT: Explain how I used to be a very devout Christian based on the "inerrant upbringing" by my mom's church, and how I escaped?

I am and have been a thinker for literally decades, from my late teenaged but mentally awakening years on into my mid-twenties, when the profusion of evidence fully and yep... 100%... finally closed the door on your God. Not necessarily on the better evidence for a Unicorn-based origin, since at least they have been spotted from time to time..

When coupled with an outstanding education that does, yup, explain a lot of the God-origins elements to the extent of our always-improving knowledge base (and with no evidence that process of exploratory rational thinking is near-finished, btw...) , perry, I have come to the logical conclusion. No further need for mythical poppy-cawhk.

I need no instruction from Christian acolytes, since after all they categorically refuse to EVER participate in an open debate. Fear, yah think?

It' s not about individuals or ad hominems, unless they deserve it of course, as you try to confuse here. Rather, it's their total fear of any simple Yes/No debates. When any of the claimed godly achievements are therein openly reviewed, they ALWAYS fail. Show me otherwise and I'll happily listen and then debate.

I will note that over 20 years of that initially polite and curious invitation to debate, expressed yet again here today, have NEVER produced any such honest debate however.

You don't believe it? OK then... prove me so very wrong! Pick a spiritual origins topic (yet again... sigh...) and then come on back. We'll see who here is the evasive non-thinker and just who is open to good evidence and step-wise discussion.

OK? Your documented and certified education on things ecological and biological and other-logical is tragically evident. "Education" does not include repeating the endlessly unsupported statements from all those Christian websites that just "claim things..."!

And yet, knowing this, you persist in maintaining your own lack of understanding of simple SM processing (witness where your confusion on "theory", "hypothesis", "proof", "evidence" and 'honest debating" is on display whenever you post!)

So first...just answer this one: why does a thing, an event, an accomplishment, once thought to be too mystical for anything but a miraculously operating God, have to be tested and re-tested and re ^100th power, re-tested over and over before it's accepted to be a non-runner? If ever?

Meaning, do you ever give up in the face of unrelenting facts? You must have somewhere agreed with various established FACTs, else you' be a staunch supporter of The Flat Earth Theory. God or His prophetic authors said that is a fact after all...

So why continue to blurt, for example, that "Evolution has no evidence!", and that all the various now-debunked Godly-origins myths remain so very inarguably factual?

Christians simply won't give up because they can't. Pure and self-evident!

Old 10-18-2013, 12:22 PM

691 posts, read 641,307 times
Quote:
It only took Noah 120 years to build this Ark.
Then why did it come to pass that in Genesis 5:1 that when the men began to procreate, that their sons began taking multiple wives that the LORD said, "My spirit shall not always strive with man, for that he also is flesh: yet his days shall be an hundred and twenty years." The 120 years was the [max] length of mankind's lifespan in the flesh on earth.

For thy mercy is great unto the heavens, and thy truth unto the clouds. Ps 57:10

Truth shall spring out of the earth; and righteousness shall look down from heaven. Ps 85:11

In the six hundredth year of Noah's life, in the second month, the seventeenth day of the month, the same day were all the fountains of the great deep broken up, and the windows of heaven were opened. Gen 7:11

Quote:
I just have faith that it happened, we are all simple-minded compared when it comes to the concept and realization of our Savior.
The simple inherit folly: Prov 14:18

Old 10-18-2013, 12:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
I don't understand how people can believe things that make no sense.
The answer is right here:

http://www.harpomarx.net/gookie1.jpg

(Depiction of a good Christian response! After all... how can we argue with this?)

Old 10-18-2013, 12:56 PM

33,531 posts, read 37,136,097 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by deadwood View Post
Then why did it come to pass that in Genesis 5:1 that when the men began to procreate, that their sons began taking multiple wives that the LORD said, "My spirit shall not always strive with man, for that he also is flesh: yet his days shall be an hundred and twenty years." The 120 years was the [max] length of mankind's lifespan in the flesh on earth.

For thy mercy is great unto the heavens, and thy truth unto the clouds. Ps 57:10

Truth shall spring out of the earth; and righteousness shall look down from heaven. Ps 85:11

In the six hundredth year of Noah's life, in the second month, the seventeenth day of the month, the same day were all the fountains of the great deep broken up, and the windows of heaven were opened. Gen 7:11

The simple inherit folly: Prov 14:18
The last resort of the religious...Quote scripture, but I'm afraid that won't work on this audience
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality