U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-15-2008, 02:18 AM

7 posts, read 11,676 times

Advertisements

How do you hear his voice? I am living alone now in order to hear it.. and when I go to church there is great influence, but I feel moulded into other peoples joy and their imaginative beings, but not mocking them, I am a shadow compared to their blessings and their testimonys in christ. I am waiting and fretting and I admit so much I need him because I am so lost.
I have sought help and advice, yet am told that I have
to relax and to stop feeling sorry for myself. What an insult.
I am never that person who just complains. I work hard, I love good, I have so much good to give, yet people that don't even truly know me, stereo-type and say such cruel things.

Man I make the effort and seems I can't find the answers, yet before I came to God, I was having alot of fun, but it was all dangerous and self-absorbed, to make up for past pain or to distract it.

Well, all I ask is for enlightment and encouragement.

I keep seeking and hope that I will find.

At cleansing streams I don't fall to the ground, or
talk in tongues or spew up demons.
My best friend has the gift of prophesy and keeps seeing alot of dark and only a little light, like an eclipse. And she sleeps around at times even after church! But she is soo great, and talented, and gifted, I know she has needs and is human, but man if I had the gift of prophecy and meaning in life, I would be sooooo effective. I don't get it. She is human, yes. But she has so much of God in her life, and seems to be blessed abundantly?

I do not envy. I just seek my relationship with God.
And cannot hear him, though I am in habit with him, I listen to lifeFM, I am here now on the cybernet, I meditate his word, I pray, I have built up positive feelings in faith, looking forward to Jesus coming to earth, I have done it.. then I hit rock bottom because still I am attacked by power, by money, my bosses, I feel invisible because I do not fit the IQ of their intelligence, which is not my fault, I do not blame the abuser that I suffered years from as a child but the evil existence and satan. Well we all have our
sitreps-my one is truly real, I don't ask for pity but for
enlightment and guidance because I need it..

Thankyou for reading
Angel
x0x
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-15-2008, 02:21 AM

7 posts, read 11,676 times
Default eclipse prophecy

the prophecy about the eclipse was for me sorry.

Old 01-15-2008, 03:03 AM

8,561 posts, read 14,318,388 times
Originally Posted by angelMELROSE
Quote:
CAN ANYONE TELL ME WHY GOD PERMITTS SUCH SUFFERING AS IN HIM CREATING PEOPLE INTO LANDS THAT PRODUCE ONLY POVERTY? ARE THEY PUNISHED OR CURSED FROM A GENERATIONAL CURSE?
Because God does not interfere.
If a parent does not allow his child to be autonomous and learn from their own mistakes the child does not really live or have an own identity.
Lands do not produce poverty only human economics and politics does.

When the land does not produce enough food for 40 people, the tribe living there will never grow beyond a population of 40. But if other countries sends them food for 80 people the tribe will grow to a population of 80 even when the land can only support 40 people. So this tribe can only survive on the hand-outs of other people, because they do not obey the law of the land (which could only sustain 40 people).

Old 01-15-2008, 06:14 AM

260 posts, read 165,317 times
I certainly did not read this entire thread, but the funny thing is, this was the thread I bumped into on a search that led me to this site. I'm deciding to reply now.

The bad news is, if you follow Christian thinking, God created the devil.

The good news is, if you don't follow Christian thinking, God did not create the devil. Heck, the biblical god is a creation of man himself.

Old 01-15-2008, 01:16 PM

11,931 posts, read 12,652,994 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TwentyFourSeven View Post
The bad news is, if you follow Christian thinking, God created the devil.

The good news is, if you don't follow Christian thinking, God did not create the devil. Heck, the biblical god is a creation of man himself.
The even better news is that there are many spiritual traditions where a loving god is it. Period. Based on love, not fear.

Old 01-15-2008, 01:22 PM

4,708 posts, read 7,455,453 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DimSumRaja View Post
The even better news is that there are many spiritual traditions where a loving god is it. Period. Based on love, not fear.

There is no acceptable theology on earth that explains the existence of evil and the occurrences of innocent suffering (natural disasters, etc.) while at the same time asserting the existence of a holy, moral, and omnipotent God. In other words, if 'God' exists, He cannot be good. There is no sense in it.

Old 01-15-2008, 01:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ParkTwain View Post
There is no acceptable theology on earth that explains the existence of evil and the occurrences of innocent suffering (natural disasters, etc.) while at the same time asserting the existence of a holy, moral, and omnipotent God. In other words, if 'God' exists, He cannot be good. There is no sense in it.
A god of love exists. Humans have free will, including how we view the world and our experience. We choose to live our lives through JOY or through SUFFERING. Suffering is a choice. We find freedom and empowerment and hilarious enjoyment of every moment when our minds expand to the point that there are no more pairs like "good-evil" or "innocent-guilty" or "suffering-happy."

Evil does not exist. Suffering does not exist. We choose to name things that way. We choose to experience things that way.

And it is not about theology, it is a living experience. No one can show you or tell you or explain it to you. You have to grow into it. Our little limited human brains can only absorb so much without knocking down the walls at the edge of our understanding and expanding into entirely new vistas. The person pointing at the sun is not the sun.

Old 01-15-2008, 01:59 PM

613 posts, read 1,140,629 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DimSumRaja View Post
A god of love exists. Humans have free will, including how we view the world and our experience. We choose to live our lives through JOY or through SUFFERING. Suffering is a choice. We find freedom and empowerment and hilarious enjoyment of every moment when our minds expand to the point that there are no more pairs like "good-evil" or "innocent-guilty" or "suffering-happy."

Evil does not exist. Suffering does not exist. We choose to name things that way. We choose to experience things that way.

And it is not about theology, it is a living experience. No one can show you or tell you or explain it to you. You have to grow into it. Our little limited human brains can only absorb so much without knocking down the walls at the edge of our understanding and expanding into entirely new vistas. The person pointing at the sun is not the sun.
free will doesn't stop at choice. the limitations are self taught. and surely the person is the sun. why did god create the devil? look inside for that answer

Old 01-15-2008, 03:27 PM

2,579 posts, read 2,104,018 times
I have had not time to read the whole thread so forgive me if anybody esle has already asked this question.
Did God create the devil?

Old 01-15-2008, 04:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hutch5 View Post
I have had not time to read the whole thread so forgive me if anybody esle has already asked this question.
Did God create the devil?
Since I got to your post first, the answer is NO because it is an invention of humans
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality