Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-24-2013, 01:54 AM

24 posts, read 32,707 times

Advertisements

There are no obvious proofs that God exists, but if you look deep in to yourself, you can find the answer.

Science did explain the creation of our bodies. Our parents had sex, and they created our body, that is all known to us. But who created our mind (soul)? Who implanted our mind in to our body? Ask yourself, WHAT ARE YOU DOING IN YOUR BODY? Parents couldn't bring your mind in to this world of yours, in to your body. So what are you doing in your body, how the hell did you end up there, and how the hell your body ended up in this world, and from where this world came from. Existence of you, of yourself is the greatest proof of God's existence. Sure you can say, my mind comes from from many neurons in my brain, yes. But that DOESN'T EXPLAIN YOU. No combination of neurons could bring YOU in to this world - your body. This is hard to explain in my broken English... or even my Native language. All you need to do is to focus on yourself, to ask yourself why i am on this earth, why i am in this body, who created my mind - soul - personality and implanted it in to my body, call it whatever you want. No science can explain the creation of someone's mind. Every mind is someone's world.
Ask yourself, deep in yourself, who are you, and how did you end up in your body, because sex of your parents, couldn't bring YOU in to your body. It couldn't create your mind, but only your body, if you understand me...It was God who put your soul in to your body. It was God who put YOU in to this strange world.

Of course you can all deny this. This is matter of philosophy and theology. Actually, theological philosophy, or philosophical theology is based on this phenomen of being aware of your existence.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-24-2013, 02:37 AM

7,801 posts, read 6,372,988 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sneza View Post
There are no obvious proofs that God exists, but if you look deep in to yourself, you can find the answer.
So your OP title is misleading as from the very outset of the post you acknowledge that you have not got what the OP title says you got. Nice. Always good to start out on an honest note huh???

Quote:
Who implanted our mind in to our body? Ask yourself, WHAT ARE YOU DOING IN YOUR BODY?
You are engaging in two fallacies at the same time here. The first is "Begging the Question". The second is "Argument from Ignorance".

With the first you are essentially assuming your conclusion. You are assuming mind and "soul" are separate to the body and brain. That there is a "you" that is only inhabiting such a body temporarily. You are treating it from the outset as two different entities for no reason other than it pleases you to do so. As such the question you are asking is a fabricated one.

With the second you are not arguing for the existence of god, but simply leaving an open question hanging. You have open, and good, questions about the human mind. Questions we have not fully answered yet. But the existence of open unanswered questions is NOT and never will be evidence for something you simply made up. Like "god".

So if this is the "greatest proof" you have then you are on severely shaky ground because it is not even remotely evidence, let alone "proof".

Back to the drawing board son, it misses you.

Old 10-24-2013, 03:26 AM

17,842 posts, read 14,381,370 times
Quote:

Science did explain the creation of our bodies. Our parents had sex, and they created our body, that is all known to us. But who created our mind (soul)? Who implanted our mind in to our body? Ask yourself, WHAT ARE YOU DOING IN YOUR BODY? Parents couldn't bring your mind in to this world of yours, in to your body. So what are you doing in your body, how the hell did you end up there, and how the hell your body ended up in this world, and from where this world came from. Existence of you, of yourself is the greatest proof of God's existence. Sure you can say, my mind comes from from many neurons in my brain, yes. But that DOESN'T EXPLAIN YOU. No combination of neurons could bring YOU in to this world - your body. This is hard to explain in my broken English... or even my Native language. All you need to do is to focus on yourself, to ask yourself why i am on this earth, why i am in this body, who created my mind - soul - personality and implanted it in to my body, call it whatever you want. No science can explain the creation of someone's mind. Every mind is someone's world.
Ask yourself, deep in yourself, who are you, and how did you end up in your body, because sex of your parents, couldn't bring YOU in to your body. It couldn't create your mind, but only your body, if you understand me...It was God who put your soul in to your body. It was God who put YOU in to this strange world.

Of course you can all deny this. This is matter of philosophy and theology. Actually, theological philosophy, or philosophical theology is based on this phenomen of being aware of your existence.
But science CAN explain the 'creation of someone's mind'.

Old 10-24-2013, 03:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nozzferrahhtoo View Post
So your OP title is misleading as from the very outset of the post you acknowledge that you have not got what the OP title says you got. Nice. Always good to start out on an honest note huh???

You are engaging in two fallacies at the same time here. The first is "Begging the Question". The second is "Argument from Ignorance".

With the first you are essentially assuming your conclusion. You are assuming mind and "soul" are separate to the body and brain. That there is a "you" that is only inhabiting such a body temporarily. You are treating it from the outset as two different entities for no reason other than it pleases you to do so. As such the question you are asking is a fabricated one.

With the second you are not arguing for the existence of god, but simply leaving an open question hanging. You have open, and good, questions about the human mind. Questions we have not fully answered yet. But the existence of open unanswered questions is NOT and never will be evidence for something you simply made up. Like "god".

So if this is the "greatest proof" you have then you are on severely shaky ground because it is not even remotely evidence, let alone "proof".

Back to the drawing board son, it misses you.
Well i used some journalist tactics with the Title of this thread. lol

This is not greatest proof, this is philosophical way of answering on question. Of course, you can say me was implanted by God, or you can say by some strange force that runs around cosmos. lol Or you can believe, well neurons in my brain developed in such way that they created my self, which i highly doubt. No combination of cells in your brain can bring YOU in to your body.

Mind and soul is the same thing, call it whatever you want. Soul (mind) controls body through brain.

Old 10-24-2013, 03:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaymax View Post
But science CAN explain the 'creation of someone's mind'.
But can it explain why are YOU that mind? In your case... The entire point of this thread is about YOU. Of course science can explain mind by explaining the brain. You just need to think how did you end up in your body and this world, how the hell your mind, YOU ended up on this Earth. Its hard to explain by words. Your personal involment in this world, only God, or some "higher force" if you don't believe in God, can explain that. I highly doubt that sex of our parents could create our MINDS and place them in our bodies. Very hard to explain, it pisses me off. lol

Old 10-24-2013, 04:41 AM

Quote:
But can it explain why are YOU that mind? In your case... The entire point of this thread is about YOU. Of course science can explain mind by explaining the brain. You just need to think how did you end up in your body and this world, how the hell your mind, YOU ended up on this Earth. Its hard to explain by words. Your personal involment in this world, only God, or some "higher force" if you don't believe in God, can explain that. I highly doubt that sex of our parents could create our MINDS and place them in our bodies. Very hard to explain, it pisses me off. lol
Sure it can. Do a little research on genetics, evolutionary biology, developmental neurobiology, interpersonal neurobiology, cognitive development, developmental psychology, Attachment theory etc.

I like a lot of Daniel Siegal's work:

Like:

http://www.amazon.com/Developing-Min.../dp/146250390X

http://www.amazon.com/The-Neurobiolo.../dp/159179949X

Last edited by Ceist; 10-24-2013 at 04:59 AM..

Old 10-24-2013, 04:47 AM

7,381 posts, read 7,692,112 times
Quote:
I suspect you are referring to one's personality. The personality is developed in the Cerebral Cortex, usually over the first 5 years of one's life, as a product of environment, experience, and genetics.

Old 10-24-2013, 04:57 AM

7,801 posts, read 6,372,988 times
Quote:
Well i used some journalist tactics with the Title of this thread.
Dishonesty by any other name is still dishonesty. Your "tactics" were to deliberately mislead.

Quote:
This is not greatest proof
Then for the second time you have been misleading because in your opening posts you very clearly asserted "Existence of you, of yourself is the greatest proof of God's existence". Now you are saying "This is not greatest proof".

Which is it son, it can not be both. Try and be honest in the next post please.

Quote:
Or you can believe, well neurons in my brain developed in such way that they created my self, which i highly doubt.
Doubt is not evidence. We know what activity in the brain is connected to consciousness and awareness and self. We know if we perturb these areas that we also perturb consciousness and awareness and self. We can also track the development of these activities from the early fetus onwards... where they start... when they arise and so forth.

So ALL the evidence suggests that consciousness and self are linked entirely to the brain. NO evidence suggests it has any external source or explanation.

What all evidence points towards conclusion A and no evidence points towards conclusion B.... then I am sticking with conclusion A. Your god fantasies and personal doubts and baseless assertions are not evidence. At all.

But once again I have to point out the other fallacy you are engaging in. Which is that even if science had no explanation AT ALL for mind and self that in no way evidences the existence of god. Unanswered questions are NOT evidence for things you just make up. You seem to think it is logical that if you can ask a question for which the answer is "I do not know" that you can therefore act like this means there is a god.

Once again I suggest you go google the phrase "Argument from Ignorance". It is one of the common fallacies. So why use a known fallacy as if you think you are making an argument?

Old 10-24-2013, 05:08 AM

Here's a general video that shows some of the basics in layman's terms:

Interpersonal Neurobiology. Harvard Education. Early Childhood Brain Development. - YouTube

And here's the first of a series of videos by Dan Siegal on the Mind, the Brain and Relationships

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LIeKn9BgSr0

Last edited by Ceist; 10-24-2013 at 05:17 AM..

Old 10-24-2013, 05:26 AM

You might find this BBC Documentary on Conciousness interesting:

BBC Documentary on Consciousness - YouTube
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality