Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-21-2007, 10:06 AM

2,800 posts, read 10,002,970 times

Advertisements

OK, this isn't one of the plain ole humdrum "I'm thankful for my family" kinds of threads. Let's be a bit more specific!

If you're thankful for your family...think of a specific reason WHY you're thankful for at least one of those people.

If you're thankful for being alive...WHY?

If you're thankful for God...WHY?

And so on...you get the point!

__________________________________________________ _______________

I am thankful for my husband. He is a wonderful provider. Although we work together now, it wasn't always this way. But he has NEVER been without a job for any length of time. He's not a drinker, he doesn't go out with his friends, he's always home with his family!
I'm thankful for each of my kids and all of their differences.

Although my daughter (17) has made some poor choices in her life, she's a good kid that is trying to get through life the best she knows how. Even though she is too young to be a mother (and I am too young to be a grandma ), we have been blessed with a beautiful little granddaughter! AND, she is at least still in high school and on her way to getting her diploma soon!! YEAH!

My oldest son (16), he's so smart! Always on the honor roll, has a BIG heart and I am simply amazed at his responsibility of making good decisions (example: On Halloween night, he stayed HOME because all of his friends were going out and doing things he didn't agree with. They were shooting paint balls at kids and taking their candy, vandalizing people's property and so forth!).

My next son (12) has an awesome head on his shoulders! He has great common sense and is a very hard worker. He's very smart, but his smarts come more from life than text books! He learns from his siblings mistakes (and other kids as well) and vows to not make the same mistakes. He is full of LOVE and LIFE!

My youngest son (6) is also very smart! He's a little too young yet to determine where he is going in life, but he has a great love for the Lord, and that alone I am happy about.

I am also thankful that God supplies our every need, while He is never early, He is always right on time!!!

And finally, I am so very THANKFUL for each and every one of you here on this forum! I have learned so much from all of you. I have learned a great many things from the atheists as well as fellow believers. My eyes have been opened and I now have a much better knowledge of people than I ever have!

Thanks to you ALL!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-21-2007, 10:19 AM

4,440 posts, read 9,063,356 times
Thankful that I get to pickup my wife and child at the airport today after being gone for a week and a half..

Thankful for everyone on this board as I learn from everyone (even the people I disagree with).

Old 11-21-2007, 10:21 AM

1,250 posts, read 3,499,145 times
I am thankful that even when things turn out differently than we had envisioned, God is still there in the midst of everything, directing our steps. Right now, the dream that my husband and I share for our lives has been put on hold indefinitely...but I feel at peace with it (which is saying a lot since I'm a very impatient person ). I am quite certain that this is God's way of telling us to slow down and let things happen in His timing. I'm thankful that God is taking care of us and that when things do happen, they will be better than we could have anticipated because we will be in His will.

Old 11-21-2007, 10:24 AM

61,288 posts, read 87,347,963 times
my future is so bright i gota wear shades.

Old 11-21-2007, 10:44 AM

8,672 posts, read 22,254,784 times
Default Friends...

I am thankful for many things but the thing that has been most on my heart that I am thankful for lately is the fact that God has blessed us with good friends. They have supported us during these last few years and I don't know how we would have done without them. I cherish all of them for helping us fill our lives with joy and laughter and just relationship.

Old 11-21-2007, 11:49 AM

23,010 posts, read 34,357,648 times
I am thankful for Christian parents who lived out in their lives what they taught me. My dad has gone to Heaven, but my 89 year old mother is still here and still teaching me about God.
I am thankful for the best husband in the world who is so patient and understanding with me and treats me like a princess.
I am thankful for Hoosier, the little brother I always wanted.
I am thankful for my neighbors and their little girls who I dearly love.
I am thankful we live in a country where we can be free to worship God or not if we choose too.
And of course I am thankful to the Lord for always being faithful to me, even when I am not faithful to Him.
There is more, but I don't have enough time

Old 11-21-2007, 12:08 PM

1,969 posts, read 6,387,421 times
I am thankful for my wife, daughter, loving parents, siblings & extended family, good health, a comfortable living, and that I was born in a country that allows me to enjoy my life without too much interference.

Old 11-21-2007, 12:12 PM

14,837 posts, read 17,126,653 times
I am thankful for many things and for each day of life that God gives me to learn more about Him and to be evidence of His work in me. I am thankful for my family and for the love that we share, the hearts that we have for each other, the support that we can give one another. God has blessed me to be in a position to give to others and I am thankful that God can use me to be a good influence in their lives. Most of all I am thankful for God and what He is doing through Jesus, the Son, for all people. God bless.

Old 11-21-2007, 12:28 PM

7,395 posts, read 19,325,061 times
I'm thankful for my family and for there love, for my S/O who is a good man, for my health, because of a scare I had a few weeks ago, for the people on CD that I have learned quite a bit from and for living in a country where we have the choice of religions or nonreligions.
There's a whole list of things I'm thankful for but I want to keep this short.

Old 11-21-2007, 02:26 PM

7,099 posts, read 27,164,969 times
I think I am most thankful for being able to live where I want to, in a house that suits me, and with someone that cares for me. My children are grown and doing well.

I come from a family with a history of some sort of senile dementia, maybe Alzheimers. I am past the age when they started having problems and I still have no mental or memory problems. I guess that is the one thing that I am the most thankful for. As long as I can think, I can appreciate.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality