Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-05-2013, 02:23 PM

19,942 posts, read 17,189,177 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
Then you weren't born heterosexual.
You're right. I was born male. My behavior is my own choice.
Quote:
The thing is, I know I am a female. I just happen to have been born a female who is physically and emotionally attracted to other females.
And what you choose to do is your decision to make. I like women a lot. I have the choice to be faithful to my wife or not. It's immoral for me to be unfaithful.
Quote:

I CAN have sex with a male, I have had sex with a male, but it isn't fair to him or myself to pretend that the attraction is the same as I have towards women.
So don't have sex with men. It's your choice.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-05-2013, 02:25 PM

7,943 posts, read 6,065,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizio View Post
God made male and female. He did not make "gays".
lol. How literal and short-sighted. If God makes only male and female that would mean God didn't make hermaphrodites nor Down-Syndrome people, nor people with predispositions for piousness, being muscles, fast metabolisms, and better immune systems.

I thought Paul told you that God created and gifts people with different gifts?

Technically, to ancient Jews being gay was as bad as eating shellfish. I suppose you believe that was true until Jesus changed some letters of the "Law" and said that eating shellfish is fine.
What a volatile God, He could have changed 1,400 years ago and now be a completely different person.

I think Vizio must be bisexual. He is attracted to both man and women but controls his behavior to be heterosexual and hopefully monogamous to align with his hopes of a pleasure-filled (hedonistic) afterlife. Or perhaps you, Vizio, are not gifted with feelings of attraction? If you were attracted sexually only to women at childhood/puberty than you were born to be heterosexual. In such general terms, gay people are sexually attracted only to their own sex. Bisexual people are attracted to both sexes. Asexual people aren't sexually aroused by either common sex.

Last edited by LuminousTruth; 11-05-2013 at 02:37 PM..

Old 11-05-2013, 02:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuminousTruth View Post
lol. How literal and short-sighted. If God makes only male and female that would mean God didn't make hermaphrodites nor Down-Syndrome people,
nor people with predispositions for piousness, being muscles, fast metabolisms, and better immune systems.
Those are birth defects and natural variations. Do you have a point to this post, other than to tell me I'm just a knuckle-dragger for actually believing what God said?

Old 11-05-2013, 02:31 PM

48,564 posts, read 24,119,848 times
Quote:
Then leave me alone and stop trying to continue it. .
The price for that is your apology for highjacking the thread and trying to blame others for what you did.

Old 11-05-2013, 02:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grandstander View Post
The price for that is your apology for highjacking the thread and trying to blame others for what you did.
I never hijacked the thread. Stop trying to incite a flame war.

Old 11-05-2013, 02:35 PM

24,260 posts, read 14,205,611 times
Quote:
Those are birth defects and natural variations. Do you have a point to this post, other than to tell me I'm just a knuckle-dragger for actually believing what God said?
And homosexuality is just a natural variation of sexual orientations in humans.

Old 11-05-2013, 02:36 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,181,167 times
Quote:
I think you mean what a bunch of guys a couple/few thousand years ago wrote that they thought god said and then had their words re-written by a few dozen/hundred others and translated into, and out of, many different languages and then published several different variations of same, each, of course, claiming to be god's word.

(Bolding mine.)

Old 11-05-2013, 02:37 PM

48,564 posts, read 24,119,848 times
Quote:
I never hijacked the thread. Stop trying to incite a flame war.
You started it with your post where you took us away from the topic which was this Texas School and that particular student's actions with regard to the manner in which he was being treated. You decided to make it about the morality of homosexuality in general. That is highjacking the thread.

You attempted to blame those who responded to your highjacking post, and now you are attempting to blame me for what you did when all that I have done is to point out your poor behavior here.

The situation here is one of your own making.

Old 11-05-2013, 02:42 PM

17,573 posts, read 46,141,127 times
Quote:
We were born hetero. It's how God made us.
Quote:
You were born female. Your sexual behavior is your own choice.
So you have no problem believing you were born hetero, but have a problem believing someone else could be born gay? Or did you just want to blame god and then realized that probably wasn't a great argument for you?

Old 11-05-2013, 02:43 PM

17,573 posts, read 46,141,127 times
Lets summarize.

Make a post.
Argue when people respond.
When you start to lose the argument tell everyone responding to your own posts they are getting off topic.

You have to love the interwebs.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality